• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burger

They will. No way the servers can withstand this.

Blizzard have said they have multiple fallback plans. They have emergency patches they can deploy immediately should something go wrong and there is a backup for that. The amount of server hardware available at launch is massive compared to the beta hardware.

All will be fine.

tch

Ok posting this for the new page. Just decided I NEED a collector's edition. My Best Buy store is listed as the CE being "available at this store." I assume that they won't be actually for sale until Tuesday morning?

Gala

A little bit over 12 hours... can't wait for it. Need to grab some energy drinks and food to be perfectly prepaired *_*

Trickster

Hello everyone and good morning!

Did you really sleep 8 hours already? But man yoshi, you're gonna have been up for over 12 hours by the time d3 releases. Not gonna be able the game as long as if you had gone to bed later and woken up at like 9-10pm, I thought you were undercore?

red731

XgSZk.png

OH MY GOD! It is moving!!!!!

Ok posting this for the new page. Just decided I NEED a collector's edition. My Best Buy store is listed as the CE being "available at this store." I assume that they won't be actually for sale until Tuesday morning?

Yeah...I don't think Best Buy is doing midnight releases at all for D3 either. Best thing to do would probably put in a store pickup order right now and then just go pick it up from customer service...that way you don't have to worry about them running out before you have time to pick it up. Unless you need to use cash

foladar

Have they stated any reason for the 40 second delay on login rather than a queue system ala WoW (when it was actually super crowded)?

Yeah...I don't think Best Buy is doing midnight releases at all for D3 either. Best thing to do would probably put in a store pickup order right now and then just go pick it up from customer service...that way you don't have to worry about them running out before you have time to pick it up. Unless you need to use cash

Some Best Buys are definitely doing midnight releases, at least some in Florida are.

Number45

I was intending to be sensible, play for an hour after it unlocks (23:00 UK time) and then go to bed. But sod it, I'm going to indulge the fact that I don't start work until 10:30 tomorrow morning and get a good few hours in there.

Have they stated any reason for the 40 second delay on login rather than a queue system ala WoW (when it was actually super crowded)?
No, I think that's pretty much it. Stagger the logins so that they don't bring the login servers down.

Legit`

Neo Member

My Best Buy is doing midnight release!

tch

Damn. It's listed as in-store only so I can't even put in an in store pickup online. I'll give them a call in a few hours to see what they're doing. Maybe I can call in and ask then to reserve one for me I hope

Edit: Awesome Legit! Hope mine will too!

Now the roles are reversed, and blizzard is releasing a game with archaic ideas about MMOs, while Arena-net is re-setting the standarts of what to expect from an MMO with Guild Wars 2!
And Yes!... I'm more excited for Guild Wars 2 than Diablo 3, dispite not liking the original GW.

What do you think?

I think you're an NCsoft viral marketer, and the impressions of GW2 from people who played in the betas are pretty mediocre to downright terrible. I actually sat there and watched that Towelliee guy stream the GW2 beta live for Child's Play and all I saw him do was attack gates for an hour before I got bored and went to bed.

rCIZZLE

I kind of wished I started reading about all the D2 > D3 changes a lot earlier than the day before release. So many poor decisions.. I'm sure it'll be a good game but just doesn't feel as complete as D2.

-no free world pvp (randomly dueling friends during downtime was always fun. also hostiling and killing inevitable pests)
-no unique names
-8 -> 4 player co-op
-no stats attributes
-no RMAH for HC (kills the point of MFing in HC now)
-no more character builds
-no pvp at launch with "by end of 2012" rumors making it worse

No doubt it'll be good... just so many unneeded changes. Newcomers are where the money is so I can see why they did it, though.

/rant

foladar

Where at that link does it talk about midnight releases? Or are you just saying you called all of your stores?

It's just under the banner.

May 15 Midnight Store Openings
Find out how to be one of the first to pick up Diablo III for PC.

Tideas

Banned
so I'm in europe rihgt now. are all servers opening up at 12am european time? Or is region per the time period that it is in?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
IMPORTANT INFO!
If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in EU English or German before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.
(installers in the link) http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How's life in the bunker treating you?

Remembering to eat and drink?
well I just woke up so I haven't eaten anything yet, but soon!
Did you really sleep 8 hours already? But man yoshi, you're gonna have been up for over 12 hours by the time d3 releases. Not gonna be able the game as long as if you had gone to bed later and woken up at like 9-10pm, I thought you were undercore?
Nah man, I haven't slept 8 hours for ages... but I woke up naturally after 5 hours, I think I'll be fine :) I have a solid 70-80 hours left before sleep now.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the hype for gw2 on gaf is insane and alot of people are gonna be very dissapointed on release, yes the game will be good but people here way way way to hyped for it

If your phone runs iOS or Android, you already have an Authenticator. Download the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator app and attach it to your Battle.net account for free!

Yoshichan

Good morning.

Incase you miss it :D
♥

STAND UP, AND FIGHT, WARRIOR! WE ARE ABOUT TO WITNESS HELL!

edit: omg, I will wear the same t-shirt on midnight launch XD

Trickster

I kind of wished I started reading about all the D2 > D3 changes a lot earlier than the day before release. So many poor decisions.. I'm sure it'll be a good game but just doesn't feel as complete as D2.

-no free world pvp (randomly dueling friends during downtime was always fun. also hostiling and killing inevitable pests)
-no unique names
-8 -> 4 player co-op
-no stats attributes
/rant

Just gonna respond to the bolded only.

Unique names in D2 was awful, it ended up with everyone having to put x's and other stupid shit in their names. Take my name for instance, if I would have wanted to call one of my characters that in D3, and it had unique names. There'd be no way in hell that I could just call him/her "trickster", more than likely I'd have to call him/her tricksterxxx or something godawful. it's good that it's gone.

what do you even mean by no hardcore rmah ruins the point of mfing in hardcore mode? When I read that it just seems like you wanted to play HC just so you could try and farm items there and sell them for higher prices than on normal? That's not the point of HC for most people that wanna play HC mode I can tell you that.

Jay wilson has said that it's most likely gonna take not more than a couple of month before pvp is implemented through a patch, you should expect it much sooner than neare the end of the year.

-no unique names
-8 -> 4 player co-op
-no stats attributes

No doubt it'll be good... just so many unneeded changes. Newcomers are where the money is so I can see why they did it, though.

/rant

I agree with your points but the Diablo 3 we get is better than no Diablo 3 at all.

Goodmorning guys. I can't believe today is the day that the fire stops falling! What are you guys doing in the meantime?

Playing the GW2 stress test tonight. Then I have to go to the dentist tomorrow morning. After that I'll rush into town to pick up Diablo 3, rush back, and play all day :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
If your phone runs iOS or Android, you already have an Authenticator. Download the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator app and attach it to your Battle.net account for free!

how does this Authenticator thing work? do i really need this to be safe?

antipod

I think it's good that PvP isn't there at release. Makes people forced to focus on 'single player'. So when it finally is released people will actually have a couple of lvl 60 chars with good gear.

Boken

Banned

-no unique names
-8 -> 4 player co-op
-no stats attributes

/rant

Spamming Vit sure was fun.

Everybody running Hammerdin was pretty fun too.

Thoraxes

how does this Authenticator thing work? do i really need this to be safe?

Once a week on login to the game, you'll be asked to put in a randomly generated code that is associated with your account.

Since it's different each time, and the specific authenticator serial is attached to your account only, you get a unique second password that's only active for roughly 30 seconds to enter in (and it changes every 30 seconds), making you pretty much unhackable.

So basically, enter your e-mail and password, it'll ask you for your authenticator password, enter that, and you're golden.

whyman

The more i play path of exile the less hyped im getting for D3. Is there a way to map attack skills to the mouse wheel in D3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom