• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trash Man

Neo Member
I've not followed this at all, never played D1 or D2, but all of a sudden these past couple of days my interest has turned like it did with Skyrim (and In the case of Skyrim I got it on launch).

Will it be live at midnight for UK players?

It should be live at 23:01 today, as long as the servers hold out ;)

Darkone

I don't think there will be that many variables that no other person will have the same item, it still pools from the same pool of possible modifiers.

Whats different as far as I know in d3 is that stuff like uniques have there usual base modifiers like d2 and then a number of bonus modifiers that can be any of the possible ones out of said pools.

So like x unique bow of shootan things would always have xx increased attack speed xx lightning damage and xx dexterity but also 4 random modifiers that have varying effectiveness rolls.

So yeah there will be a pretty great variety in items, more so then d2 had.

It will be intresting to see what diffreance of items ppl will find and will be on the AH.

I got a shipped confirmation from Tesco at midnight on Saturday for the CE

I hope it comes today. Being in Northern Ireland, never can be sure.

Damn it! Figured the "Blizz cut" when transfered to your account was so huge I might aswell use it on Bnet.

That seems like a stance they may change post launch depending on how successful the RMAH turns out and how many people are using B.net balance. There's only so many actual blizzard games you can buy with B.net balance before you run out and WoW sub time seems like a nice thing that people could always use the balance for if they are into the game.

Majine

Banned
That seems like a stance they may change post launch depending on how successful the RMAH turns out and how many people are using B.net balance. There's only so many actual blizzard games you can buy with B.net balance before you run out and WoW sub time seems like a nice thing that people could always use the balance for if they are into the game.

It does seem kinda backwards if they do intend to keep WoW subscription rate up after Diablo 3 releases. Hope they change their minds.

Come on Amazon....at least update my order to shipping soon
LLShC.gif

Eliciel

FUCK MAN I TOTALLY FORGOT TO CHECK GAMEFAQS BEFORE I USED THAT SKILLPOINT, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I lol'd. I think a lot of people who are complaining about "I can't create my own build anymore" forget about two very important words: "Best practice". After a short period of time some builds would become the "best practice" builds ...and you would also go for that way. So you save your time by looking up how much vit and endurance you should stat and try to find out which skills fit together. It has much more to it then the other way around. At least for me

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So what am I missing with all this RMAH business?

I was under the impression of people "making" money on it. As in " oh I found this kickass item I'll sell it for $ X ", are you telling me that people won't be able to withdraw the money they made from selling aforementioned item?

LordCanti

edit: I think I figured it out. Thanks again ashley678.

I was under the impression of people "making" money on it. As in " oh I found this kickass item I'll sell it for $ X ", are you telling me that people won't be able to withdraw the money they made from selling aforementioned item?

They will via paypal. There is a 15% cash out fee.

They just have to make the choice whether they want to turn it into real world cash which has a 15% cut taken or blizz bucks which can only be used on blizzard products but has no cut. Have to choose when you sell the item apparently.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
They will via paypal. There is a 15% cash out fee.

Ah I see.

They just have to make the choice whether they want to turn it into real world cash which has a 15% cut taken or blizz bucks which can only be used on blizzard products but has no cut. Have to choose when you sell the item apparently.

Well that's nice at least. I mean sure blizzards store isn't really, shall we say exhaustive , but the prospect of having found and sold an item in d3 and subsequently have the money made from the sale cover say Heart of the Swarm seems interesting. In the end, alternatives are nice.

Got my preorder in, caved to Gaf hype and the logic of "its blizzard of course it will be good"

Hopefully the internet at home and the game actually turns up tomorrow, my weeks not exactly started great so I could do with atleast one thing going right!!!

Eliciel

Got my preorder in, caved to Gaf hype and the logic of "its blizzard of course it will be good"

Hopefully the internet at home and the game actually turns up tomorrow, my weeks not exactly started great so I could do with atleast one thing going right!!!

Sorry to hear that :/. But your week will become great! :)

sazzy

I think they are starting the Installation early as Korea servers are going online at that time.

I'm going to try and log in to that region after installing even if i have to download the local client.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The 8am PST install time lines up with Korean May15th midnight. Speculating.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
How have I gone from knowing nothing about this game to being super excited about its release?

Downloadable games do this to me, the idea of being able to play it the second it's released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom