• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Blizzard is not selling stuff to you, other players do, yep, pretty much every gear you own will need to be found first. Nothing creepy about attaching values to items, especially values that are not even that high, compared to what amount of time it takes to get them.. Just think of it as Magic cards with higher values.

are you inferring that magic cards have higher or lower values than d3 items will likely be? I've seen some downright silly prices on some rares.

So why would people buy stuff? OCD?

once you get to a certain point (i.e. gearing for inferno) and see some gear that's a clear upgrade that's worth dropping a few bucks on for that extra boost now. Also the drops you get will have a range on the attributes they have, like +5-15% magic find, and the max stat stuff will be worth some money.

MajorPain

Fuck I just had the moment I was dreading happen. I was daydreaming during work and was thinking about playing the game this Tuesday with lights off, headphones on, cold drink, and visions of my monk in bad ass gear ripping shit up came to mind. My heart skipped a beat, and this feeling of wanting to scream like a giddy little school girl came over me, but I can't since it is work time...

I'm officially too hyped. Now the wait will be unbearable. ; ;

I...tried...to....resist...

Have you ever went skydiving? That is how I feel right now and I will be falling for the next 6 days.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hahahaha

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4888689240

In celebration of a successful beta test, all players who were invited to participate in the Diablo III closed beta will receive the commemorative Feat of Strength, "One of the Chosen." For eligible players, this feat will appear automatically in the Feat of Strength list after logging in for the first time as well as unlock a unique sigil that can be used on character banners.

In order to be eligible for "One of the Chosen," you must have had a Diablo III closed beta license attached to your Battle.net account (it isn't necessary to have downloaded or logged into the beta itself). Please note that players who participated only in the Open Beta Weekend, but were not invited to the closed beta, will not receive this Feat of Strength.

Thank you once again to all of our beta participants. We look forward to seeing you in Sanctuary!

Of course Battle net is now exploding. I expect some classic "Blizzard shot themselves in the foot" posts by the end of the day.

On day 1, I'll be wearing my angel wings, and my banner will have the closed beta sigil, and I'm going to join people's games and just follow them around, asking where their angel wings are.

Number45

A lot of people will buy the best stuff to give them an advantage, rather than spend the time to get that advantage themselves. I can see a lot of people not bother with the crafting as well.

For some people, time is considerably more precious than money.

Are runewords in this game? I think that they added a great addition to the magicfinding process. As ethereal weapons and socketed weapons were worth more than alot of uniques and sets. Man I fucking love D2

zlatko

Banned
Have you ever went skydiving? That is how I feel right now and I will be falling for the next 6 days.

No I have not.

It sucks because none of my gamer friends are hyped for this, and none of the people in my life understand how I can be experiencing such a feeling or why I would be this excited over something so trivial to them.

V_Arnold

are you inferring that magic cards have higher or lower values than d3 items will likely be? I've seen some downright silly prices on some rares.

Well, since we do not know the prices of Diablo III high end items yet, I can only make assumptions, but I am pretty sure that you do not have any actual TIME investment applied to even the most powerful current/old Magic cards except for being able to open one in a booster or be lucky in a draft. Or, of course, to trick someone and cover the steal up as a clever trade, lol :D So I imagine D3 highend will cost around anything between 10-15$ to 200$, depending on how hot and how highend/perfect the stats are within the possible range.

In Diablo III, I imagine that a lot of people will try to get a certain unique, not find it, but then when they find OTHER, powerful yet unusable - for that class or that build - unique items, and realize that they value their wanted item just as much as others value the newfound unique item, they will sell this one in RMAH and buy the desired one with the money they have got. That is how real prices get attached to "nonreal" products, as far as I am concerned. And that is where I see a lot of similarities between this and Magic cards.

Hahahaha

Of course Battle net is now exploding. I expect some classic "Blizzard shot themselves in the foot" posts by the end of the day.

On day 1, I'll be wearing my angel wings, and my banner will have the closed beta sigil, and I'm going to join people's games and just follow them around, asking where their angel wings are.

Awesome, same here. Closed beta sigil ftw

Hahahaha

Awesome!

But not so awesome for people who weren't invited.

spirity

I'll be glad when this game releases, because you guys have been fucking weird this past few days, to the point where I wondered about sanity levels.

Really nice OT, OP :)

Ken

Hahahaha

Once again, Blizzard found a way to really piss the !@#$ off hardcore and die for collectors. Yeah you only see it if you inspect your profile but that's just the thing. I have bought 3 collectors, one for my friend and one to stay sealed forever and add to my Diablo 3 shrine and the other one to be used in D3.

I then bought The Book of Cain, The Collectors Guide not to actually use since their usually useless but to keep in my shrine.

And yet you guys found a way to instead brighten my 6 days to go but slap my in the face and shat right on my head.

Thanks Blizzard for ruining my day. I know a lot of people may not side with me on this but collecting is one my biggest enjoyments and you are not able to obtain this through money or anything. Being loyal and trying every day means nothing. Just randomly landing a key does.

Sad thing I even did a let's play through every class and spent days editing and days uploading and I again get spat in the face.

GG

Lol wow.

What a troll, lol. I love it.

So, has it been mentioned if we start off exactly where the beta begins or will it be different when we first load up? Also wondering if any of the areas in the beta will be changed in the final build?

Ezio

Hahahaha

Angel wings I could care less about, but an achievement that some of us didnt have a choice to get or not, kinda sucks. Doesn't bother me anyways...much. :)

A lot of people will buy the best stuff to give them an advantage, rather than spend the time to get that advantage themselves. I can see a lot of people not bother with the crafting as well.

This is also a huge part of it. If you could spend dozens of hours to get that super rare, then awesome, but when you don't have as much time to get there but a larger disposable income, some folks don't mind buying that advantage. The funny thing that most people miss in this argument (especially once you try to apply it to PvP) is that you can buy all the cool equipment in the world, but you can't buy skill.

KingGondo

Banned
Just a quick question re: system requirements.

I have a 2010 15" MacBook Pro (2.53 GHz i5), and under "Graphics" it lists a Intel HD Graphics 288 MB.

I've heard rumors that there's additional unlisted graphics horsepower in MBPs like this, but can anyone confirm this?

Just want to make sure my D3 experience will be excellent on this computer.

zlatko

Banned
Hahahaha

Awww man. I would've gave 2 different sigils at least. 1 for CBers, and another for OB weekenders.

This iss ome BUUULL SHIT!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

People like me. I definitely have more money than time. I'd rather pay $3 for something than spend 3 hours hoping it drops.

forrest

formerly nacire
Hahahaha

That's awesome news! Not that I ever felt I needed anything for being a Beta participant, but it's cool nonetheless!

No I have not.

It sucks because none of my gamer friends are hyped for this, and none of the people in my life understand how I can be experiencing such a feeling or why I would be this excited over something so trivial to them.

I know that feel. Sometimes I'll mention the hype I have for Diablo and my girlfriend and cat just go back to watching HBO. :/

Ezio

This is also a huge part of it. If you could spend dozens of hours to get that super rare, then awesome, but when you don't have as much time to get there but a larger disposable income, some folks don't mind buying that advantage. The funny thing that most people miss in this argument (especially once you try to apply it to PvP) is that you can buy all the cool equipment in the world, but you can't buy skill.

Total agree with this post, especially about the skill part. I think people still haven't figured that out.

Twinduct

Hahahaha

I'm seriously considering quiting Diablo 3 right now. I've already purchased the Steel Series headset, mouse and pad, digital pre-release and ordered the CE. But this is making me rage so hard. 8 months deperately wanting to get in the beta. Participating in all the giveaways and not wining a single key. Seriously WTF!

Lol. People be crazy!

TUSR

Banned
Just a quick question re: system requirements.

I have a 2010 15" MacBook Pro (2.53 GHz i5), and under "Graphics" it lists a Intel HD Graphics 288 MB.

I've heard rumors that there's additional unlisted graphics horsepower in MBPs like this, but can anyone confirm this?

Just want to make sure my D3 experience will be excellent on this computer.

What? 15" MBP should have discrete graphics cards. Check your system, you should have something else in there.

System profiler or whatever it is, top left corner. About this Mac, more info. and check your actual card.

only the 13" has the integrated only.

Well, since we do not know the prices of Diablo III high end items yet, I can only make assumptions, but I am pretty sure that you do not have any actual TIME investment applied to even the most powerful current/old Magic cards except for being able to open one in a booster or be lucky in a draft. Or, of course, to trick someone and cover the steal up as a clever trade, lol :D So I imagine D3 highend will cost around anything between 10-15$ to 200$, depending on how hot and how highend/perfect the stats are within the possible range.

In Diablo III, I imagine that a lot of people will try to get a certain unique, not find it, but then when they find OTHER, powerful yet unusable - for that class or that build - unique items, and realize that they value their wanted item just as much as others value the newfound unique item, they will sell this one in RMAH and buy the desired one with the money they have got. That is how real prices get attached to "nonreal" products, as far as I am concerned. And that is where I see a lot of similarities between this and Magic cards.

I can agree to an extent with you. I pull a mythic rare that's worth a good amount, and I can trade it for a few rares of a color I actually want to play. I really will be curious to see what the top end of items ends up being. I really don't think things will sell in that upper echelon (I don't honestly believe anyone would actually pay $200 for an in game sword when you can get something almost as good for like $10) but I've been proven wrong before.

profit

Hahahaha

I hope blizz does this with every game, more feats of strength for me ^^

Alienups

I can agree to an extent with you. I pull a mythic rare that's worth a good amount, and I can trade it for a few rares of a color I actually want to play. I really will be curious to see what the top end of items ends up being. I really don't think things will sell in that upper echelon (I don't honestly believe anyone would actually pay $200 for an in game sword when you can get something almost as good for like $10) but I've been proven wrong before.

I've seen people throw down 3000$ for a TF2 hat with a special effect attached to it. Some items in D3 will go for insane amounts of money on D2JSP and similar sites, no doubt about it.

Hahahaha

While this is anything but a big deal, it does seem silly to reward people who were 'randomly invited' to the closed beta. Maybe I'm just upset I didn't get invited despite signing up the day the option opened.

/Over It

Junie12

This game is effecting my work, I can't do anything but think about playing this game!

This game needs to come out quick or I'm gonna get in trouble..

Morokh

You see all the fuss about that achievement for Beta selected people , that's EXACTLY why items will sell hundreds of dollars, plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom