• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroMG

Man. I thought about ordering the Book of Cain to be delivered to me on Friday. On the one hand I'm glad I didn't because I really can't afford it, but it also would have made work today so much more bearable.

EDIT: Since GAF is blocked at my work I will probably spend the day on the Penny Arcade forums. Which aren't bad, but it's not GAF

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Screw jogging. I just realized my feet are killing me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just ran the installer, it updated some files. Guess it was the day 1 patch?
Hmm... I'm pretty sure that patch starts after the install!

Was it ever discussed what will happen with groups of different level players?
My example would be I enjoy playing solo, but then from time to time join up with friends online if they want to. Are there any rules around this?

Thanks.

scy

So what countries(s) will actually be the first playing?

Koreans. We've hacked time and space.

...anyway, Asia goes up first, six hours before Europe.

Was it ever discussed what will happen with groups of different level players?
My example would be I enjoy playing solo, but then from time to time join up with friends online if they want to. Are there any rules around this?

Thanks.

If the level gap is too great, they won't get any EXP. We don't know exacts on that yet.

oneils

Anyone know what the record Game OT length on GAF has been before the game itself has launched? :p

I'm guessing Dark Souls has the record. If I remember right, it was on OT2 well before launch. Although, I think the OT was open 7 days before Japanese launch which was a week or two before NA launch. Can't really remember.

ShaneB

Anyone else here enjoy Diablo 1 much more than Diablo 2?

I posted this a while ago, how I felt like an oddity where I spent a lot more time with Diablo 1 instead of 2.

It's definitely a different game in terms of atmosphere and sheer dread and terror going deeper and deeper down the Cathedral.

2 came out at a time where I wasn't playing many video games, let alone pc games, so it just got missed at the time, so I've got a bigger connection to Diablo 1 moreso than 2. I mean I love D2, but hours played pales in comparison to 1.

Protip for the future: To avoid payment declined on Amazon add the funds to your account as a giftcard well ahead of time.

So much this. I always worry about orders of things I really care about...not because of lack of funds, but because you never know when your credit card company or bank is going to derp up and be like, "Wow, he NEVER orders from Amazon, we should inform him of this!" despite ordering everything from Amazon.

You can run the installer, but it doesn't let you install the game yet.

Yes indeed, I was wondering what he meant by "updating some files". Since it doesn't really update any files for me when I run the installer.

Edit: DeathJR, since I run the installer every few hours (because I'm hyped as crazy) it has probably done that already for me.

Negator

I'm guessing Dark Souls has the record. If I remember right, it was on OT2 well before launch. Although, I think the OT was open 7 days before Japanese launch which was a week or two before NA launch. Can't really remember.

Well, I'm sure this is some kind of record for fastest growing OT ever.

Been seeing the trailers for this game, and looked at some of the cinematics on youtube.

While I don't really play Blizzard games (I'm a console peasant), goddamn does Blizzard make some of the finest damned cutscenes and theatrical elements in the whole business. Absolutely breathtaking production values.

I know it's probably been mentioned a dozen times throughout this huge thread and in other threads but you guys should check out Path of Exile.

I know Diablo III comes out tonight essentially but if you're really having a hard time waiting Path of Exile is definitely the best Diablo clone I've ever played. On one hand it's extremely similar to Diablo III in the way combat feels, it's very visceral and hard-hitting (enemy reactions, explosions, spell effects), much more so than something like Titan Quest or Torchlight. On the other hand it has a very unique skill system compared to D3 so it won't be like you're playing the same game. All characters have various huge branching skill trees with tons of small passives, then every 5 or 6 levels you get a BIG passive skill. The unique thing is all active skills come from different color gems where the color represents the skill type; red is melee, green is bows/traps, blue is spells/summons. You socket these gyms into the appropriately colored slots in your armor and a lot of armor have stats that effect the specific gems socketed into them.

I know I had a TON of fun playing in the stress test this weekend for it and it really helped keep my D3 hunger in check. You can buy $10 worth of points in their micro-transaction store and get access to the closed beta now. I know if I was home today I'd be playing it to pass the time.

Hope that's not too off-topic. I'm still figuring out the best way to play like I'm sick at work today so that I when I call off tomorrow it doesn't come off as a surprise :)

Negator

I know it's probably been mentioned a dozen times throughout this huge thread and in other threads but you guys should check out Path of Exile.

I played the closed beta. I don't know, the game just didn't feel right for me. The way spells worked and the general talent spider web thing just felt really unsatisfying.

oh snaps

Dark Souls > Diablo 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom