• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
any reliable place to buy a digital key besides battlenet? I already bought it for myself in my battlenet account, but I need to buy one for my brother who lives in a god-forsaken third-world country, so basically I need to buy a key so he can add it right away to his battlenet account, he already downloaded the game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think I missed you in the thread, I don't know! I'm so sleepy.
Tell me about it... even though I got some sleep today, my brain is fucked and I'm overall slow as hell today.

I played the closed beta. I don't know, the game just didn't feel right for me. The way spells worked and the general talent spider web thing just felt really unsatisfying.

tbh i had a lot more fun with the PoE beta than the D3 beta. I just feel much more involved as a player with all the choices and customization. Art Style is also a lot better but this is D3 time and it will be mine!!

Dakota47

Just got asked by work if I could review Diablo 3. I already had the review copy in my hands. But then I saw my agenda and my horrid lack of free time. Grmbl ....

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh well, here we go. Another listen-through the D2 soundtrack. Incoming, MASSIVE hype!
Just don't lose your mind completely like my friend and watch every leaked cinematic from beginning to end. We're much too close!
That is madness...

Yoshichan

It's been long!

IMPORTANT INFO!
If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in EU English or German before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.
(installers in the link) http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

GAH! I deleted the authenticator from my phone after I uninstalled WoW. Now I installed the authenticator and tried to login to my battlenet and it didn't work. I am now locked out of battle.net and have been waiting on the phone for 20minutes. (They do play nice music while you wait) FML

I played the closed beta. I don't know, the game just didn't feel right for me. The way spells worked and the general talent spider web thing just felt really unsatisfying.
I just played the stress test this weekend... rolled a Witch class and was immediately super impressed. I got to level 10 and was really satisfied with how hard hitting the spells felt. I didn't try melee so maybe it's not as good but slinging huge fireballs and throwing traps and rain of fires around was very satisfying. I also liked how the towns were like MMO hubs and I was able to level up gems for other classes and trade them around... and the way the barter system worked with NPCs was really well done IMO (with the currency being Identify Scrolls, Armor Scraps, and Scrolls of TP... then getting scraps of those items when selling gear plus trinkets to reforge my other gear or change the socket colors).

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Don't think I'll be using Amazon again for titles that have midnight unlocks, pretty sure they've had their copies since Friday and still haven't sent mine out.

you might live close to shipping hub.

I live in manhattan and amazon finally is saying "shipping soon" for release date delivery.

Dresden

fJnDg.png

BUENO

Revoh

I'm tired.. I slept only 6 hours, no coffee for me today, I'm going to be exhausted by 6 pm, then I'm going to sleep till 2 A.M and wake 1 hour before launch

Feels good man

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Avoiding this thread made it so much easier to not flip out and go into a involuntary homocidal rage. All I gotta do now is wait to get off of work, have some lunch and go get my copy at midnight. Sweeet.

Credo

Yoshichan said:
That is madness...

It's treasonous. I couldn't believe it when he said it.

By the way, I fully expect D3Gaf to start spamming messages when the physical authenticator goes up for sale. My ancient phone can't handle the app.

Aesthet1c

GAH! I deleted the authenticator from my phone after I uninstalled WoW. Now I installed the authenticator and tried to login to my battlenet and it didn't work. I am now locked out of battle.net and have been waiting on the phone for 20minutes. (They do play nice music while you wait) FML

Yeah they should be able to fix it for you... I've had to send them a copy of my drivers license before to get them to take it off. That was using their internet support though, perhaps it takes less over the phone.

rybrad

Went on an internet blackout for the weekend, did I miss anything important related to installing/playing the game besides the beta file thing? I don't want to go look on the fan sites in case they are covered in spoilers...

I just realised that I'm getting excited over installing a game.

Went on an internet blackout for the weekend, did I miss anything important related to installing/playing the game besides the beta file thing? I don't want to go look on the fan sites in case they are covered in spoilers...

You can get the launch day preparation guide here:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4371302/Launch_Day_Preparation_Guide-11_05_2012

and about the Guest Pass here:

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-starter-edition-guest-pass

Yoshichan

I just realised that I'm getting excited over installing a game.
Yeah this took me a while to process as-well. There was a period when I thought the actual game was coming out... then I realized it's just the stupid install.

THAT'S RIGHT. I CALLED IT A STUPID INSTALL BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT IS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom