• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynoro

The WoW analogy doesn't quite work. The people that are complaining have legitimately tried to get into the beta it seems, not come in late.

Fair point; though there wasn't a lot of trying involved - you marked your b.net account for beta and trawled websites and forums for a key. I didn't get one and used to be quite heavily into WOW achievements but FoS were always an extra bonus to say "I was there"; which is how I see this, but I didn't get in so I don't get the FoS.

If people wanted the FoS that much they would just buy a b.net account with it - just like how people buy the other ones or CE pets (granted that is shady)

Number45

It's actually only pre-orders. I found the faq:
Thanks for the heads up. Going to check my order. :)

EDIT: Still showing as £17.47 so I'm safe.

Fair point; though there wasn't a lot of trying involved - you marked your b.net account for beta and trawled websites and forums for a key. I didn't get one and used to be quite heavily into WOW achievements but FoS were always an extra bonus to say "I was there"; which is how I see this, but I didn't get in so I don't get the FoS.

If people wanted the FoS that much they would just buy a b.net account with it - just like how people buy the other ones or CE pets (granted that is shady)
Yeah, can't say I agree with the undoubted rage that's coming their way but I can kind of understand why some people might feel aggrieved.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I got the CE, book of Cain, AND I GET THE CHOSEN FEAT OF STRENGTH?!?!!

Calm down ladies, please form an orderly line for intercourse.

kyubajin

Yep, I'm using Lion.

I don't need it to be at max graphics settings, I just want it to look decent without any hiccups.

So, so hyped. D2 came out when I was a junior in high school. Hope the wait was worth it.
Never fear. I'm rocking the inferior Radeon HD 4670 with the same amount of VRAM (256 MB) on a 27-inch iMac and the beta, which was not as polished nor optimised as the release version will be, ran pretty nicely at medium settings @ 1920x1080 (25+ FPS).

Won

I like the feeling of getting rewarded for being invited for a beta I never actually played. Feels good man.

Just wait, Diablo 3 will end with some crazy cliffhanger.

...You'll just have to wait until 2025 to see what follows.

You killed all of the demons.

You killed all of the angels.

But you still haven't killed...

DECKARD CAIN.

Diablo 4: Cain was Diablo the whole time. :O

TUSR

Banned
Never fear. I'm rocking the inferior Radeon HD 4670 with the same amount of VRAM (256 MB) on a 27-inch iMac and the beta, which was not as polished nor optimised as the release version will be, ran pretty nicely at medium settings @ 1920x1080 (25+ FPS).

25+ you don't say?!

You killed all of the demons.

You killed all of the angels.

But you still haven't killed...

DECKARD CAIN.

Diablo 4: Cain was Diablo the whole time. :O

Diabception.

Kiraly

It did? That's great to hear! I'm using an HD 4670 with 512 MB (albeit with Windows 7) and I was unsure whether I had to play at Medium or Low if in 1080p.

DarkKyo

Lol the feat of strength is dumb because the people who got into beta didn't do anything to earn anything. They just got fucking lucky. How is that a feat? Blizzard went full retard on that decision.

TUSR

Banned
Lol the feat of strength is dumb because the people who got into beta didn't do anything to earn anything. They just got fucking lucky. How is that a feat? Blizzard went full retard on that decision.

They spent money on Blizzard games and a computer that satisfied Blizzard criteria for an invite.

Stupid.

Raide

Blizzard let them have that one as a taster. Wait till the HC Run on Inferno FoS appears.

kyubajin

It did? That's great to hear! I'm using an HD 4670 with 512 MB (albeit with Windows 7) and I was unsure whether I had to play at Medium or Low if in 1080p.

You'll get even better performance then as the Mac port is notoriously less optimised than its Windows counterpart.

Arment

Having epic luck is a feat. Don't turn into one of the b.net kids and start pissing about it. It's such a non-issue.

Acidote

Hm, I was invited to the beta and played it a lot, but it's not listed in my account anymore. I guess they removed it when the beta ended?

nowai

Just have to say again, my body is jonsen hard for some voodoo action.

Wrapping up all my duties at work this week so I can have a guilt free holiday with D3 next week. Hype level reaching critical mass!

...you're not too familiar with the feat of strength system, are you?

there are a lot of feats of strength in WoW that basically amount to "You logged in during WoW's 7th anniversary! Congrats!" It was originally a way for people to get achievements carried over once their content was no longer accessable, like if you cleared Onyxia's Lair before they revamped it or something like that, but it grew to be a catch-all category of achievements that they want to recognize part of their playerbase for but not actually infer any sort of benefit from it.

Sothpaw

Monk, evasion + healing abilities, and the Near Death Experience passive. :DAdd the Wiz for the slowdown abilities etc, or the Barb for battering the shit out of stuff.

Will be interesting to see the numbers for HC after a few weeks.

My guess is the numbers will be 0 people past Act I Inferno. I'm not starting on hardcore because in a few weeks I will be well into Inferno while the HC players will be stuck rerolling.

DarkKyo

Lol I criticize the decision and the flock of people who got into the beta instantly go into iron-defense mode. Relax guys. It's a dumb decision, I'm not backing down from that position and I'm also not going rage-mode like the battle.net forum-goers. I'm just saying they have a reason to be angry.

Hammer

You'll get even better performance then as the Mac port is notoriously less optimised than its Windows counterpart.

I was planning on getting it for the mac, but now I'm wondering: Would I be better off bootcamping the windows client or just getting the Mac client?

I'm glad I'm getting the recognition I deserved by being invited into the beta. It's about time. Now, I may consider accepting another beta invite in the future.

Seeing all these mentions of "FEATS OF STRENGTH" just reminds me of:

frank-costanza.jpg

Arment

Lol I criticize the decision and the flock of people who got into the beta instantly go into iron-defense mode. Relax guys. It's a dumb decision, I'm not backing down from that position and I'm also not going rage-mode like the battle.net forum-goers. I'm just saying they have a reason to be angry.

Sure they have a reason. It's just a childish and petty one.

They have a reason to be angry over a trivial piece of text and pixels? What a worthy cause to get behind.

Junie12

My friend wanted to sell me an invite but I declined because fuck paying for beta invites!

Even with the FoS I still stand by my decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom