• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realyn

Woah, more than 1000 replies in the last 10 hours. Guess we will need OT2 before the game launches.

Since alot more people are in here now - anyone planing on doing HC right from the start(EU)? I will, but sadly none of my friends. Most of them are new to the franchise and it would be really cruel to get them into HC on their first playthrough :D.

Number45

I'm curious to know if clearing Inferno HC is a feat of strength or a regular achievement.
You need to beat it naked in single player in one sitting for the feat.

Since alot more people are in here now - anyone planing on doing HC right from the start(EU)? I will, but sadly none of my friends. Most of them are new to the franchise and it would be really cruel to get them into HC on their first playthrough :D.
I don't think I can cope with the loss.

KingGondo

Banned
What? 15" MBP should have discrete graphics cards. Check your system, you should have something else in there.

System profiler or whatever it is, top left corner. About this Mac, more info. and check your actual card.

only the 13" has the integrated only.
Thanks. Apparently it also has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M w/ 256MB of GDDR3.

Apple changed the "About this Mac" function in a software update--you have to click through to an internet link that displays the info.

Appreciate it.

Raide

Woah, more than 1000 replies in the last 10 hours. Guess we will need OT2 before the game launches.

Will be doing a Normal run but HC is on the cards.

I believe you might have to complete normal before you can make hardcore characters but I'm not sure. I remember hearing that from somebody, or I could be crazy.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
While this is anything but a big deal, it does seem silly to reward people who were 'randomly invited' to the closed beta. Maybe I'm just upset I didn't get invited despite signing up the day the option opened.

/Over It

*shrug* Considering I got almost every achievement in the beta and watched them wipe every time there was an update, it was nice to get SOMETHING in the end.

Junie12

Normal run for me, I want to learn every bit about the game before I go to HC.

"Aw, man, I died!"

"Yeah, that sucks...time to start over."

"Yeah, time to...wait, what?!"

Dynoro

Hahahaha

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4888689240

Of course Battle net is now exploding. I expect some classic "Blizzard shot themselves in the foot" posts by the end of the day.

On day 1, I'll be wearing my angel wings, and my banner will have the closed beta sigil, and I'm going to join people's games and just follow them around, asking where their angel wings are.

Proof if it was needed that devs cannot do nice things for their gamers. This is a feat of strength (not an achievement as it has no point value) and offers no benefit whatsoever to the account; but because not everyone could get it "it is wrong". Its like someone joining WOW now and being pissed they cannot get the "Amani War Bear" or "Grand Marshal" feats. People whining it was just luck should look at Greedy (not there is anything wrong with that either).

m31

I plan to start HC asap. Playing with a friend whom with I played alot of D2 hardcore. Inferno should be... interesting. :D I wonde whats the best 2 class combo to battle HC. Thinking about DH+Wizard, DH+WD or WD+Wizard.

V_Arnold

A lot of the people who get raged over Feats of Strength did not play World of Warcraft, I assume.

There, every single thing that was temporary (such as participating in an event like Summer Olympics 2010, etc) had an achievement that did not have any point value attached because Blizzard recognized that it was more about being able to play at that time, and cannot be repeated.

It is the "you had to be there" place of the game's achievement system. Sad for some, but for the beta achievement, YOU HAD TO BE THERE. That is it. And if you do not get it, you were not there. Cold, hard facts.

TUSR

Banned
Thanks. Apparently it also has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M w/ 256MB of GDDR3.

Apple changed the "About this Mac" function in a software update--you have to click through to an internet link that displays the info.

Appreciate it.

Your VRAM is kind of low, but I don't see a huge issue with it running. It was crawling on my early 2008 MBP.

And yeah, if you are using Lion they changed a whole bunch of shit that they shouldn't have.

At this point, I highly recommend you go with 8GB of ram and run W7 64 bit. Lion is pretty bloated imo.

Raide

I plan to start HC asap. Playing with a friend whom with I played alot of D2 hardcore. Inferno should be... interesting. :D I wonde whats the best 2 class combo to battle HC. Thinking about DH+Wizard, DH+WD or WD+Wizard.

Thinking Monk+Wiz or Monk+Barb.

Number45

Proof if it was needed that devs cannot do nice things for their gamers. This is a feat of strength (not an achievement as it has no point value) and offers no benefit whatsoever to the account; but because not everyone could get it "it is wrong". Its like someone joining WOW now and being pissed they cannot get the "Amani War Bear" or "Grand Marshal" feats. People whining it was just luck should look at Greedy (not there is anything wrong with that either).
The WoW analogy doesn't quite work. The people that are complaining have legitimately tried to get into the beta it seems, not come in late.

profit

I know Yoshichan is, he is EU aswell.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just canceled my Book of Cain order....

and placed the order again because one day later it's a few bucks cheaper than when I ordered it. WTF amazon?

KingGondo

Banned
Your VRAM is kind of low, but I don't see a huge issue with it running. It was crawling on my early 2008 MBP.

And yeah, if you are using Lion they changed a whole bunch of shit that they shouldn't have.
Yep, I'm using Lion.

I don't need it to be at max graphics settings, I just want it to look decent without any hiccups.

So, so hyped. D2 came out when I was a junior in high school. Hope the wait was worth it.

TUSR

Banned
Yep, I'm using Lion.

I don't need it to be at max graphics settings, I just want it to look decent without any hiccups.

So, so hyped. D2 came out when I was a junior in high school. Hope the wait was worth it.

I just updated my post with a recommendation. Unless you are already doing what I said.

You should be able to pull medium, but like I said the VRAM could limit you in a lot of places. Its weird that a lot of Blizzard (all) games are not optimized for multicore processing.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
A lot of the people who get raged over Feats of Strength did not play World of Warcraft, I assume.

There, every single thing that was temporary (such as participating in an event like Summer Olympics 2010, etc) had an achievement that did not have any point value attached because Blizzard recognized that it was more about being able to play at that time, and cannot be repeated.

It is the "you had to be there" place of the game's achievement system. Sad for some, but for the beta achievement, YOU HAD TO BE THERE. That is it. And if you do not get it, you were not there. Cold, hard facts.

People are raging because they believe they're owed something. Which they are not. They are owed nothing. I'm not going into gamer entitlement, because that's not what it is.

It's nerds who believe being "loyal" to a large faceless corporation earns them something.

Raide

A bit hesistant to play melee in HC, at least for first time. Got eny spesific reasons?

Monk, evasion + healing abilities, and the Near Death Experience passive. :DAdd the Wiz for the slowdown abilities etc, or the Barb for battering the shit out of stuff.

Will be interesting to see the numbers for HC after a few weeks.

I just canceled my Book of Cain order....

and placed the order again because one day later it's a few bucks cheaper than when I ordered it. WTF amazon?

God, I want the Book of Cain so bad. But I already put $99 for the CE.

I don't want to spend more since I'm paying spring and summer courses from my pocket.

Must fight the hype...

zlatko

Banned

But I WAS there V. I was the outside the plexi glass with a raging hard on that just won't quit as I breathed deeply with a look of desperation and envy covering my face.

Lanbeast

I need to find a badass Barbarian wall stencil. I'm planning on repainting my computer room/man cave and want to have an outline of him above my desk.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I don't want to spend more since I'm paying spring and summer courses from my pocket.

Must fight the hype...

$1200 tax refund mother fuckers, all diablo things are mine forever.

TUSR

Banned

Must fight the hype...

you will fall in love stroking the pages and reading into the Diablo history.

It will also make you want to buy the Diablo Archive and read all the novels. (which i recommend)

Anoregon

They'd only have charged you the lowered cost anyway wouldn't they?

Yeah? I gave a cursory glance of order/shipping info to see if that was stated anywhere but didn't see it so just brute forced it. If that's the case than oh well.

V_Arnold

But I WAS there V. I was the outside the plexi glass with a raging hard on that just won't quit as I breathed deeply with a look of desperation and envy covering my face.

Hehe. Well, sorry about that. In the meantime, I am going for a brand new account to put D3 on, which means I will not get this feat either. (Not like I care, I did not even do the free sigil/banner contest stuff either, meh.).

Also, to the tech gurus in this thread: am I good with this rig, what do you think? I really hope this CPU and the promised improvements over the beta is good, because there was a LOT of stuttering in the beta, even if the fps counter was around 50-60fps in 1440*900, and 85+ in 1280*720 or below, lol :D

fRBOL.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Christ, I was a kid in high school when Diablo 2 came out.

I'm thrilled it's finally here but, damn...

Some of these dev cycles are getting brutal.

Just wait, Diablo 3 will end with some crazy cliffhanger.

...You'll just have to wait until 2025 to see what follows.

And people are freaking out?

Pathetic.

The funny thing to me is one of the guys quoted was all like "I collected everything, I can't collect this, fuck you blizzard" but if he didn't manage to get a ticket to blizzcon and fly out to cali, he didn't get the mini-tyrael figurine that was exclusive to attendees. Take THAT, random dude I never met!

Number45

Yeah? I gave a cursory glance of order/shipping info to see if that was stated anywhere but didn't see it so just brute forced it. If that's the case than oh well.
I know my Vita order kept on going down in price without me having to cancel it as the pre-release EU sales wars were going on, so I assume it's the same for all items.

Anoregon

I know my Vita order kept on going down in price without me having to cancel it as the pre-release EU sales wars were going on, so I assume it's the same for all items.

It's actually only pre-orders. I found the faq:

With the exception of TVs, we do not offer post-order price matching when an item's price drops after you buy it. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time. We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom