• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freki

fuck! I got the error: file thing and it won't install. Do I have to redownload all that again, or just wait for the disc now?

Bashiok:

Yes, the 108 error is likely caused by partial or incomplete files due to the downloader being closed before it was completely finished.

You should be able to launch the downloader again, point to the directory holding the "Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer" to verify game files and correct any missing data. Let the downloader sit there, even though it's at 100%, and it should eventually auto-launch the installer.

Alternatively you can download the client again (and make sure you don't close it prematurely this time), or wait for the new installer that includes streaming and doesn't require a full download.

scy

three Prime Evils:Diablo, Mephisto, Baal
four Lesser Evils: Andariel, Duriel, Belial, Azmodan

You killed Andariel and Duriel in Diablo 2, so the other two are still left.

edit: ahh beaten. :p

...so in the event of a Diablo IV, are they going to have to retcon in some new evils? Lesser Lesser Evils?

That or I guess one of the Primes will revive (and stay alive) or Azmodan/Belial avoids getting shanked at some point.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
PS - Yoshi why dony you stream yourself playing? Tomorrow at work I wanna see your reactions. :p
Sorry, streaming isn't my thing unfortunately :(

Sober

GUYS, DON'T REDOWNLOAD THE WHOLE THING!

Check your files!

Point the downloader to the same directory as before, then he checks the files and downloads what is missing!
I did, it decided to check about 100 MB and then start downloading from there even though I was at "100%" a few weeks ago when it finished.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Are the cinematics in-game or CGI? Do they differ based on the hero & gender selection?

CG, and the intros do, but I don't know about the rest.

This will be my first physical copy of a game in 7 years. It feels weird.

Does it ... have needs?

All it needs is ample shelf space and lots of love.

oneils

Ok. Desperate beg-time. Anyone have a guest pass I could use until my CE arrives on Thursday? I will be your BFF. Love, oneils.

Installed, patched and good to go without any problem. Now the real waiting begins. Not gonna lie, when I finally watched the opening cinematic (been avoiding all d3 cinematics) I got a couple of hype shivers.

I'm not going to be able to play until Wednesday afternoon. Having a job sucks. I wish I was able to call out.

I'm not playing until Friday because another guy at work is even more hyped than I am, we're too busy to afford taking vacation atm, and we both know why the other would be calling in sick.

Keikaku

Installed and I watched the first cinematic in all it's glory. Now the wait for the game to go live begins in earnest. I've only posted twice in this thread and I think I'm stepping out until I beat the game. Don't want to stumble over any more spoilers.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wonder how many copies this game will sell.

And i bet Blizzard will include the 1 million free copies thy gave to WoW players when they will announce it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Why does the installer say two Lords of Hell remain? I thought there were more after the Prime three?

There are 4 lessers, but two of them got ganked in D2. So there are only 2 left.

Diablo 3 installer review

After all the hype, the install itself was a little underwhelming. The music was great, but the IQ was just plain bad. Sketches, really!? We expected full blown CG for your installs blizzard.

I guess there's only Torchlight II to look forward to now.

3/5

I won't even watch reviews for this game.

Xactly.

Even if you did not participate in the beta and just did not follow this game, watching all 5 gameplay trailers on the game's main web page and looking at the developer's history makes it a no brainer to buy Diablo 3.

Game will be AAAA+ top quality.

Adamm

Amazon UK hasnt dispatched yet!
Guess I wont be getting it for tomorrow then :(

Unless they have dispatched it but just not updated the order yet ( I can hope)

My korean girlfriends was at the launch event in Seoul and told me people where going out with CE in early afternoon... Too bad they couldn't play right now but had to wait servers to go live

My copy has been dispatched. Delivery just after my exams on thursday. I know I'm a brave man.

scy

What ATI issue?

Some people are getting a message about their card not being compatible (despite the card actually being perfectly fine).

My korean girlfriends was at the launch event in Seoul and told me people where going out with CE in early afternoon... Too bad they couldn't play right now but had to wait servers to go live

Asia servers should be up in about 5 minutes.

Dumb question, do you have to wait till launch to play the game? Or could play it immediately after finishing installing it?

Be gentle

And i'll start adding people on the Diablo 3 Battletag list, EU peepz

Nibel

YfmRP.jpg

THEY ARE HERE!! THEY ARE ALL HERE......

THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL......

After all these years :D :D

m8390yuxdb9.gif

Diablo 3 installer review

After all the hype, the install itself was a little underwhelming. The music was great, but the IQ was just plain bad. Sketches, really!? We expected full blown CG for your installs blizzard.

I guess there's only Torchlight II to look forward to now.

3/5

:lol

This thread is so fantastic.
Can't wait for someone to take that seriously.

do I get anything for having diablo I and II or wow on my battlenet account??

I kind of want to start a fresh account because my wow account was banned after being hacked like 8 months ago apparently.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
currently this game is a 8.5. Slightly disappointed by the intro quality

syoaran

Amazon UK hasnt dispatched yet!
Guess I wont be getting it for tomorrow then :(

Unless they have dispatched it but just not updated the order yet ( I can hope)

Thats exactly what happens on busy orders. Expect it to update at 10PM tonight or even as late as tomorrow morning when the parcel is updated by arriving at your local depot.

Not sure why people are going crazy over watching the cinematic from the different classes already. Clearly a bug that allows us access to all the ones in the starter edition before we unlocked the class, since everyone I know is now watching them inregardless to beta entry or not.

Still, the Wizard music in the opening cutscene is EPIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom