• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xdrive05

All it does for me is making another installer folder within the folder with the already data thats there and starts downloading from the beginning.

Did you go one folder too deep when installing? If so, you selected the folder containing the install folder, and not the install folder itself.

If it still gives you trouble, it may be best to delete and start over. I had to because of a windows update reboot that cut it off, and I never could get it to continue properly. Starting from scratch worked for me.

Im being trolled now lol

6a5eR.jpg

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Game downloaded and installed, nice!

Is it normal for the install to jump straight from about 70% to completion? It literally just skipped that whole part of the progress bar.

WallJump

Banned
Diablo 3 installer review

After all the hype, the install itself was a little underwhelming. The music was great, but the IQ was just plain bad. Sketches, really!? We expected full blown CG for your installs blizzard.

I guess there's only Torchlight II to look forward to now.

3/5

Now bro, even though I have not even played this installer yet, let me tell you that your score is bad and your should feel bad. 8/10 easily based on WoW and SC2 experience.

/reviewcommentsLOL

KAL2006

Banned
Amazon UK hasnt dispatched yet!
Guess I wont be getting it for tomorrow then :(

Unless they have dispatched it but just not updated the order yet ( I can hope)

Mines Dispatched, but I doubt I will get it today as it's 5PM now. I preordered mine with my free Amazon Prime trial I had at the time.

scy

Now bro, even though I have not even played this installer yet, let me tell you that your score is bad and your should feel bad. 8/10 easily based on WoW and SC2 experience.

/reviewcommentsLOL

Based solely off the reactions in the thread, 8.23 / 10 seems appropriate.

Kem0sabe

So... are there queues to login? how are the servers holding?

The first thing that came to mind when blizzard announced the game would be online only, was their track record on launch day server stability when WoW and any of it´s expansions launched.

WallJump

Banned
Thats exactly what happens on busy orders. Expect it to update at 10PM tonight or even as late as tomorrow morning when the parcel is updated by arriving at your local depot.

I hope you are right

Happened to me with Sonic Generations PS3. Didn't get the shipped memo until like 4am on the day it arrived. I haven't been screwed yet by release day delivery (US Amazon).

Z3M0G

So is there a point to getting the game today / tonight?

Will it be playable in any form prior to servers going up at 12am PST?

neoism

...so in the event of a Diablo IV, are they going to have to retcon in some new evils? Lesser Lesser Evils?

That or I guess one of the Primes will revive (and stay alive) or Azmodan/Belial avoids getting shanked at some point.

mankind will be dead by then :p

100% true, but they were not presented in this form, and I'm going to consider anything pre install to be a spoiler to myself. I'd rather enjoy it on my OWN tonight/tomorrow, and not have GAF ruin even the littlest things. :(
They weren't presented in what form? A picture? ...of words? It's not like you automatically saw the cinematic just because you saw a picture of the damn title of it, and there's nothing spoilery about it if you've been on GAF the past few months and following Diablo 3.

Besides, it was a thumbnail to begin with, you didn't have to click it.

Wow, the boss gives you a bit of work, you go on lunch, and when you comes back its like 8 pages later!

Man, I can't wait to get out of here and run the installer...4 more hoursssss

expel

I did, it decided to check about 100 MB and then start downloading from there even though I was at "100%" a few weeks ago when it finished.

true mine was stuck at 69% then i closed it and re run the installer, it checks the file and downloaded what's missing and now it's done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom