• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothars

Lol I criticize the decision and the flock of people who got into the beta instantly go into iron-defense mode. Relax guys. It's a dumb decision, I'm not backing down from that position and I'm also not going rage-mode like the battle.net forum-goers. I'm just saying they have a reason to be angry.
They have no reason to be angry, It's a small piece of artwork or something for a banner, So they don't get that little piece of design.

I don't see how this is a big deal or why people are whining about it.
Hey some people take that stuff seriously, apparently. I think it's less about what you get and more about "let's funnel all the privileges to the people we chose to be privileged!"
It's not funneling priviledges, it's one little banner addition, I bet there will be 100's in the game. it's not like it's changing the game or giving people in the beta a game enhancement.

I was just catching wind of this beta feat of strength stuff, I was thinking people were actually bothered because it actually gave some benefit or something. No, it's just an achievement. lol, man.

Anyways, Tuesday can't come quick enough.

scy

Hey some people take that stuff seriously, apparently. I think it's less about what you get and more about "let's funnel all the privileges to the people we chose to be privileged!"

Don't worry, non-Beta players will get their own unique Feat of Strength: The Unchosen. Complete with their own dirty peasant sigil!

TUSR

Banned
I was just catching wind of this beta feat of strength stuff, I was thinking people were actually bothered because it actually gave some benefit or something. No, it's just an achievement. lol, man.

Anyways, Tuesday can't come quick enough.

people have been chapped over this FoS stuff since it was implemented in WoW. Its just an E-Peen bragging right.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Lol the feat of strength is dumb because the people who got into beta didn't do anything to earn anything. They just got fucking lucky. How is that a feat? Blizzard went full retard on that decision.

I have great luck. That is my feat of strength.

Island

While this is anything but a big deal, it does seem silly to reward people who were 'randomly invited' to the closed beta. Maybe I'm just upset I didn't get invited despite signing up the day the option opened.

/Over It

Same here... but it does kinda suck that its by "chance" to get one. I dont get one either, but it wasnt for lack of trying... while others get one that might have never logged into play. Should be given to anyone that beat SK. That seems more fair.

I'm just trying to imagine the skewed perception it must take to actually care one way or another about something like this. They wanted to give their closed beta testers a little something extra. But it's exactly that, little and meaningless. I could see at least mild irritation if it had any effect on the experience of the game, but short of a dick wagging contest it means zero.

Kalnos

Banned
Is it really that hard to understand why people are upset? The official forums are overboard, which is to be expected, but they're justified in thinking it's kinda lame.

forrest

formerly nacire
Okay the Battletag list has been updated to this point in the thread. If you've posted your battletag already and it's not in the list shoot me a pm. Otherwise, continue posting them here. Thanks!

Taking a break from updating for now, if you aren't added immediately by someone else, then you'll be added as soon as someone can get to it.

Bradach

I came home today to find my internet connection offline, probably just a temporary fault with my ISP. It got me thinking though. If this was next week I wouldn't be able to play Diablo 3, right? I can't activate an offline mode like steam, can I?

Staab

Okay the Battletag list has been updated to this point in the thread. If you've posted your battletag already and it's not in the list shoot me a pm. Otherwise, continue posting them here. Thanks!

Please update my tag:

GAF: Staab
Tag: Grianspog#2559
Realm: Europe
Class: Wizard

Cheerios :p

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is it really that hard to understand why people are upset? The official forums are overboard, which is to be expected, but they're justified in thinking it's kinda lame.

No, not really. FoS have existed since WoW, and they were always meant to be limited, hard to get achievements. Also, they are not worth any points. So no, they're really not.

Can you do duels? like in WoW?

PvP is a separate mode.

Junie12

Man if I had a FoS I would head to that forum and troll the fuck out of those whiny assholes, oh the rage I would cause..

DarkKyo

It's not funneling priviledges, it's one little banner addition, I bet there will be 100's in the game. it's not like it's changing the game or giving people in the beta a game enhancement.

You are using the "it's not a big deal" argument to negate the fact that they are indeed funneling the goods to the people they randomly chose. Never mind the fact that some people who didn't get in signed up for the beta long before those who did get in. Never mind the fact that some less worthy people who got into the beta barely touched it when it was closed for all those months. Never mind the fact that some hardcore fans waited forever to be chosen and never got in until the masses did(and then they got a crappy weekend full of downed servers and lots of waiting). Blizzard feels it's necessary to reward those who have already been lucky for months on end with a neat piece of art.

Disclaimer: I myself am not hardcore about Diablo. I'm looking forward to playing it but I have not been a longtime fan or anything. I am merely arguing over the principle of the matter.

I'm just trying to imagine the skewed perception it must take to actually care one way or another about something like this. They wanted to give their closed beta testers a little something extra. But it's exactly that, little and meaningless. I could see at least mild irritation if it had any effect on the experience of the game, but short of a dick wagging contest it means zero.

I guess Blizzard isn't familiar with the average gamer, never mind the average Blizzard fan.

m31

Lol the feat of strength is dumb because the people who got into beta didn't do anything to earn anything. They just got fucking lucky. How is that a feat? Blizzard went full retard on that decision.
How is it different for example from getting Baron Rivendares mount in WoW? It's based purely on luck. I dont remember anyone complaining about that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The best part about people complaining over the beta FoS is that, on a diablo message board, people are complaining what is essentially a random drop IRL

All part of the game, playa.

Kalnos

Banned
How is it different for example from getting Baron Rivendares mount in WoW? It's based purely on luck. I dont remember anyone complaining about that.

The difference is you could actively farm that mount in the released version of the game and for a much longer period of time. Both require luck, but at least you could actively increase your odds by farming him.

Lothars

Disclaimer: I myself am not hardcore about Diablo. I'm looking forward to playing it but I have not been a longtime fan or anything. I am merely arguing over the principle of the matter.

I guess Blizzard isn't familiar with the average gamer, never mind the average Blizzard fan.
I just don't think the principle of the matter is that it really shouldn't be a big deal or that there should be any outrage over this.

Yes it was a matter of luck to get into the beta but it's not like it's giving anything of value or something that will affect the game.

It's a symbol, I just don't get the big deal over this.

Raide

I just don't think the principle of the matter is that it really shouldn't be a big deal or that there should be any outrage over this.

Yes it was a matter of luck to get into the beta but it's not like it's giving anything of value or something that will affect the game.

"MY E-PEEN MUST BE BIGGER!!!!"

That pretty much explains it.

thetrin

The difference is you could actively farm that mount in the released version of the game and for a much longer period of time. Both require luck, but at least you could actively increase your odds by farming him.

You could actively increaase your chances of getting into the beta by going to websites that were hosting contests for keys.

It really doesn't matter. This is a stupid thing to be complaining about. Oh boo hoo, you don't get a meaningless video game achievement. HOW SAD.

Kalnos

Banned

No achievement, outside of the ones that give in-game rewards, have any sort of value. People enjoy collecting/earning them all the same though.

They really should have just included the open beta weekend to avoid any backlash.

DarkKyo

"MY E-PEEN MUST BE BIGGER!!!!"

That pretty much explains it.

Both of you just need to think about it as an issue of fairness.
Question: Were either of you in the beta?

You could actively increaase your chances of getting into the beta by going to websites that were hosting contests for keys.

It really doesn't matter. This is a stupid thing to be complaining about. Oh boo hoo, you don't get a meaningless video game achievement. HOW SAD.

Some people did every one of those and still got nothing. Yes, the people that actually worked at getting into the beta are the ones who get screwed.

99%

Peeps were mad about not getting into beta, now they're mad about not getting some feat of strength.

Haters gonna hate.

Kind of lame to turn something thats ment as a fun token into all this hate. Get a life folks.

Hell no. I was joking son.

*high five*

Raide

Both of you just need to think about it as an issue of fairness.
Question: Were either of you in the beta?

Nope, only the Open Beta for a few hours while the servers stayed alive. :D

Fairness? For a pointless bit of text in your game that serves no purpose other than bragging rights? Meh. There will be plenty more random bits of text to unlock.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good morning! That felt really good.

Now I'm kind of refreshed, ready for more action! Did I miss anything?

Ferrio

Banned
I've always been confused by the CLICK CLICK CLICK comments. It's like people don't know you can hold down the mouse button.

Ploid 3.0

Taking a break from updating for now, if you aren't added immediately by someone else, then you'll be added as soon as someone can get to it.

I'm on the list, but my area and the class I'll be playing isn't.

Ploid 3.0 / Ploid#1179 / North America / Witch Doctor (pwn pwn pwn)

scy

Some people did every one of those and still got nothing. Yes, the people that actually worked at getting into the beta are the ones who get screwed.

So I was joking with my "The Unchosen" thing but, if Blizzard did do that, would it be fair? Or now doubly unfair?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've always been confused by the CLICK CLICK CLICK comments. It's like people don't know you can hold down the mouse button.
Holding down the button to attack is terrible for various reasons... lower dps, less accuracy, less freedom when controlling your character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom