• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

demigod

Just installed the game but it automatically installed into my c drive which I don't want. Would installing from the disc let me choose which drive to install to when I buy it?

ttocs

I decided to take the day after release off instead of the day of since I'm waiting on Amazon to send me my collector's. The wait is going to be brutal!

Does anyone have a spare Guest Pass they could send me?

I'm not sure how it works exactly but I bought the Digital Version and see no Guest Passes on my account. I'd really like to use one to convince my friend to buy the game, I figure the Starter Edition would be the best bet since the game probably won't drop in price for a long time.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, we have also been friends for over 16 years :)

Defiantly going to have to get him some beer later.

Already have a boyfriend :D

He's a true friend, one of my only childhood friends who stuck around when i came out.

Awesome. GayGAF represent. :p Nice to see another gay guy playing Diablo 3.

My roomate just walked in with 2 CE's and threw one at me and told me happy birthday

tumblr_m3n0qn1xWS1rolvqk.gif

godly roommate and perfect gif

Does anyone have a spare Guest Pass they could send me?

I'm not sure how it works exactly but I bought the Digital Version and see no Guest Passes on my account. I'd really like to use one to convince my friend to buy the game, I figure the Starter Edition would be the best bet since the game probably won't drop in price for a long time.

Digital versions don't get any guest passes. Sorry.

....oh crap. apparently the guest pass isn't covered by Global Play.

My guest pass is European, meaning that I any characters I use cant be carried over when I use the Americas server. :(

Ah well, at least I could play the game a bit.

chiablo

Yea, I have to admit, the intro cinematic is pretty low quality.. wonder why they would release it like that? Lots of macro blocking =(

Probably to keep filesize down. I'd honestly rather have a 7GB download and lower quality cinematic than triple the size for something I'll only ever watch once.

Good to see other gay guys playing.

I had a horrible experience with WOW when my guild found out, lot's of hateful people online.

The issue with wow and most online games is that a lot of the players are young and immature. Halo/Cod are the worst though. I wish mature games had a way of blocking young children from playing.

Probably to keep filesize down. I'd honestly rather have a 7GB download and lower quality cinematic than triple the size for something I'll only ever watch once.

I'd much rather have a 27gb game with pristine visuals that show off the beauty and work that went into making them...

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I think I'm going to go with Witch Doctor, for no other reason than it seemingly being the least popular class. =p

smr00

Banned
The issue with wow and most online games is that a lot of the players are young and immature. Halo/Cod are the worst though. I wish mature games had a way of blocking young children from playing.
Whenever i play on a console i join a private chat to ignore it.

It's sad how bad most online gaming communities are.

I think I'm going to go with Witch Doctor, for no other reason than it seemingly being the least popular class. =p
I tried the Witch Doctor in the beta and soon as i saw spiders exploding from the jars you throw i was like NOPE and created a Demon Hunter but i will probably go with a Wizard as my first main.

Teknoman

Looking back at these two for the IGN Diablo II review...

8.2 Gameplay
It's fun for a while, but ultimately is very, very repetitive and hard on your clicking finger. A great overlay map, interface, and skill system are nice but the buggy code is frustrating.

8.0 Lasting Appeal
I can't see wanting to play through the game by myself again. Battle.net will help out a little bit...when it gets fixed, but playing through this game in a slightly different way isn't very appealing

12 years later...just seems sort of funny.

RPGCrazied

I had a horrible experience with WOW when my guild found out, lot's of hateful people online.

Yah. Reason I don't play WoW as much as I do. The city chats are always talking down on us and stuff.

You should add my battletag. :) its in the first post with everyone elses, maybe we could play a game or 2 sometime.

FINALLY Comcast guy finished my internet install. Went from 6Mbps DSL to 24Mbps Cable for the same price. God fucking dammit why did I wait so long to make the switch.

Gonna go hit up Best Buy for a mouse pad then come home install and stare at the login screen for 12 or so hours. :D

smr00

Banned
Yah. Reason I don't play WoW as much as I do. The city chats are always talking down on us and stuff.

You should add my battletag. :) its in the first post with everyone elses, maybe we could play a game or 2 sometime.
Alright.

I have no idea what my battletag is how to make one, i assume i make it when i install?

TheYanger

On XBL I've seen tons of that, in wow and MMOs? never really. Obviously there are stupid people everywhere but I find MMOs pretty accepting in general (even people who tell lots of gay jokes and stuff are rarely going to actually harass someone or ostracize them...you're part of a team ffs!) I'd expect it to be worse in Diablo. And no I'm not gay, I've just played a shitload of games and know plenty of people that are.
Looking back at these two for the IGN Diablo II review...

8.2 Gameplay
It's fun for a while, but ultimately is very, very repetitive and hard on your clicking finger. A great overlay map, interface, and skill system are nice but the buggy code is frustrating.

8.0 Lasting Appeal
I can't see wanting to play through the game by myself again. Battle.net will help out a little bit...when it gets fixed, but playing through this game in a slightly different way isn't very appealing

12 years later...just seems sort of funny.

Oh IGN, you so crazy

Junie12

Well I have some good news, I got Tuesday off of work so now I can play the game all day Tuesday yay! The bad news is I'm sick as a dog and won't be able to focus on the game too much..

Which means I'l be sleeping more than playing T_T

*sigh*

I have the worst luck ever..

SteveWD40

Can I beg for an EU guestpass / free trial per chance?

I have been having a hellish time with the downloader and I don't want to pay for it until I can fix it but am hoping the free trial one might work.

PM me if so.

smr00

Banned
FINALLY Comcast guy finished my internet install. Went from 6Mbps DSL to 24Mbps Cable for the same price. God fucking dammit why did I wait so long to make the switch.

Gonna go hit up Best Buy for a mouse pad then come home install and stare at the login screen for 12 or so hours. :D
Best Buy sounds mouse pads? i need to head over and get one i am using this gaming mouse pad i bought back when i was competitive into CS 1.6 and it's funky as all hell.

On XBL I've seen tons of that, in wow and MMOs? never really. Obviously there are stupid people everywhere but I find MMOs pretty accepting in general (even people who tell lots of gay jokes and stuff are rarely going to actually harass someone or ostracize them...you're part of a team ffs!) I'd expect it to be worse in Diablo. And no I'm not gay, I've just played a shitload of games and know plenty of people that are.

Oh IGN, you so crazy
on my server the Barrens/Org chat was ALWAYS filled with hate and i jumped around guilds for years because i couldn't tolerate the hate anymore till i finally found an all gay guild.

I'm sure some servers were better than others but the ones i played on was filled with immature kids, immature adults, bigots etc. but i learned that it is what it is and it's always going to be around in gaming.

oneils

certain online communities are really strange on how they react to news that someone is gay. You can reveal it pretty casually but the reaction by a lot of people is like "OMG STOP FORCING YOUR LIFESTYLE ON ME!!!11"

That influences me as well. Having not played the beta but watched many skill videos, I'm currently stuck as to go with the Witch Doctor or the Monk. I think the WD probably has more unique and fun builds that interest me (poison vs pets vs spirit), but the Monk comes across as a class that requires more skill to play - and therefore might be able to hold my interest longer.

Also, I'm not a fan of most of the Monks armor sets, while the WD has some of the coolest.

mrchristianq

Neo Member
I am also looking for a GUEST PASS. I have never played a Diablo game and am starting to get caught up in the hype, but want to try it before I drop $60... Anyone have any extras?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom