• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junie12

Also, my prediction of 15k by Tuesday is on set to be broken..

Jesus, we'll definitely go to OT2 by the weekend if things continue this way..

KePoW

Banned
Install complete. But it won't let me change resolutions:

V0Pb7l.png

I'm on a iMac. Any ideas?

Because you're on "Fullscreened Windowed". You're not supposed to change rez with that option.

Put it on Fullscreen *or* Windowed if you want to change rez.

isny

napkin dispenser
Just a heads up. I'm replying to people in order for guest passes.

Please stop sending me PM's for right now.

I have a long list of people who will get them in order as I figure out how many I have. If you haven't heard back from me by PM yet you aren't guaranteed one.

In regards to retail CD keys, I still DO have two of those left. If you want one of those at cost please PM me. (But don't PM me for guest passes as I'm out until I mention otherwise)

smr00

Banned
certain online communities are really strange on how they react to news that someone is gay. You can reveal it pretty casually but the reaction by a lot of people is like "OMG STOP FORCING YOUR LIFESTYLE ON ME!!!11"
Yeah i didn't even reveal it another guildie outed me and i was attacked by most of the guild.

injurai

Banned
Looking back at these two for the IGN Diablo II review...

8.2 Gameplay
It's fun for a while, but ultimately is very, very repetitive and hard on your clicking finger. A great overlay map, interface, and skill system are nice but the buggy code is frustrating.

8.0 Lasting Appeal
I can't see wanting to play through the game by myself again. Battle.net will help out a little bit...when it gets fixed, but playing through this game in a slightly different way isn't very appealing

12 years later...just seems sort of funny.

Aren't their sites that do retrospective reviews, that try to reevaluate that game based on its public appeal, and how well it's aged. D2 would probably get an 11.

So technically I could be playing this now as it's the 15th here in Australia?
No Australia is based on the North American Servers so technically you guys play the 16th :\ so sry.

Because you're on "Fullscreened Windowed". You're not supposed to change rez with that option.

Put it on Fullscreen *or* Windowed if you want to change rez.

Thanks.

I went home because of all the posts with issues, and thankfully, I didn't have any. I got that tweaked & I'm ready to go.

scy

Also, my prediction of 15k by Tuesday is on set to be broken..

Jesus, we'll definitely go to OT2 by the weekend if things continue this way..

It'll probably slow down once everyone is too busy playing to post.

Except for those of us at work. We'll be posting. Well, crying.

Aesthet1c

Did anyone have an issue with the opening cinematic? For mine.. The voices weren't aligned properly with their mouths, however sound effects still seemed normal.

Best Buy sounds mouse pads? i need to head over and get one i am using this gaming mouse pad i bought back when i was competitive into CS 1.6 and it's funky as all hell.

Yeah the Razer Kabuto once that retails for like $17. Employee discount will put that puppy under $10. Heard its pretty decent from a few guys that have it.

New Internet
New Mouse (Logi G9x)
New Pad
New Monitor

Gonna give my current system a shot with the game before I decide on further upgrades.

SEE WHAT IVE DONE FOR YOU DIABLO, Lord of Terror or Lord of Moneysinks?

Teknoman

Yeah i didn't even reveal it another guildie outed me and i was attacked by most of the guild.

I just cant understand how someone could play just fine and cooperate with someone over such a long time, and then just pull a full 180. Thats just seriously messed up :\

Well I have some good news, I got Tuesday off of work so now I can play the game all day Tuesday yay! The bad news is I'm sick as a dog and won't be able to focus on the game too much..

Which means I'l be sleeping more than playing T_T

*sigh*

I have the worst luck ever..
That's too bad, man. :( Hope you feel better.

Teknoman

Yeah the Razer Kabuto once that retails for like $17. Employee discount will put that puppy under $10. Heard its pretty decent from a few guys that have it.

New Internet
New Mouse (Logi G9x)
New Pad
New Monitor

Gonna give my current system a shot with the game before I decide on further upgrades.

Treasure Goblins are probably going to have a word with you (I really hope we get a chance to jump through one of their portals at some point).

Bullza2o

WTF. After installing I tried to launch the game, but it says:

v3LQG.png

I played the open beta with no problems. I was able to play with great settings too. I will hate Blizzard if I can't play this game.

v3LQG.png

I played the open beta with no problems. I was able to play with great settings too. I will hate Blizzard if I can't play this game.
I'm sure after you click OK it will still allow you to play. I think I got that message in beta and just ignored it.

v3LQG.png

Are you on their 12.4 drivers? I read somewhere that its not supported in DIII yet.

Teknoman

v3LQG.png

You can still try to play. The only time you'll know if a game doesnt support a card is...well if it doesnt display at all. At least I would think.

smr00

Banned

New Internet
New Mouse (Logi G9x)
New Pad
New Monitor

I will have to swing by there later and check it out.

I desperately need to build a PC i am using a crappy HP laptop that can play D3 on all low at like 30fps which is fine for now, played 4-5 hours of the beta straight and my laptop didn't want to catch fire and explode so hopefully i can tough it out till i can order some parts.

Bullza2o

I'm sure after you click OK it will still allow you to play. I think I got that message in beta and just ignored it.

No, the launcher closes and my browser opens "Diablo III Unsupported Video Card List" webpage..

I got that on my old computer, clicking okay doesn't allow you to play.

Pressing "ESC" does.

THANK YOU! It works! But then again it's not really encouraging to learn that my graphics card is considered obsolete..

FinKL

v3LQG.png

Isn't that the card that Blizzard says there's a bug in it? It might be drivers, but I'm getting scared as well as I have a 6620M. I'm sure someone has found a way around it

zlatko

Banned
LOL IGN reviews. Come on guys, all their facebook updates for their site are meme's and attempts at funny .jpgs.

I enjoy some of their previews and the boobs, but there's other various sites I take their worth more. Even reviews they have that score games I enjoyed too with a praising number is generally a mess to read through.

Still that score is solid as fuck, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Goddamn this thread picked up steam. I've had to go through 15-30 pages since I went to sleep.

For all you Battletag people - I'm working on it. No one else has updated the list since I've been asleep and there's a bunch to add. It will take time to cull through everything. Usually if you post only your Battletag and not at least your region info as well, I will skip over you though. But that's just how I operate.

Spoiler thread should be up as soon as I get through the Battletags and figure out which graphic I want to use.

OT will be updated either before or after the spoiler thread is up, again once I have time to go through the Battletags.

I could make a review thread as well (reviews won't be up until tomorrow at the earliest as they have to wait for servers like the rest of us plebs), but that's sort of another big thing to maintain, even though it's not too hard to handle compared to the OT. I'd much rather let someone else cover that.

And based on speed, OT2 will be up sometime in the next few days. After I've finished with everything else, I'll work on optimizing the stuff I have in the current OT to be able to squeeze a bit more room for updates and announcements in OT2. The content won't change much, if at all until we've been moved to the community forum.

Gav47

Alright heres the plan, wait the four hours til release, level my monk to 13 with the starter edition, be salty as fuck in the thread tomorrow when my copy doesn't arrive in the post :p

aeroslash

My F*ing PC keeps on chrashing (blue screen) when downloading for some hours. It currently says 2h left, but i've already restarted it 4 o 5 times...i hope it will be downloaded before the activation!

injurai

Banned
LOL IGN reviews. Come on guys, all their facebook updates for their site are meme's and attempts at funny .jpgs.

I enjoy some of their previews and the boobs, but there's other various sites I take their worth more. Even reviews they have that score games I enjoyed too with a praising number is generally a mess to read through.

Still that score is solid as fuck, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Back when D2 was released an 8.3 would not be considered all that low. But now 9.0 is a crime.

When it comes to honest scores I usually look to giant bomb or rps. But really I just judge for myself 90% of the time.

scy

v3LQG.png

Hit Escape rather than clicking on OK.

Are you on their 12.4 drivers? I read somewhere that its not supported in DIII yet.

12.4 Drivers are fine for most the cards. It's just an issue for some older ones.

Edit: To clarify, these six: HD 2400, 2600, 2900, 3400, 3600 and 4500

Pfft. Reviews as if I care. I played the beta that is better than any written word. I agree with their points but the rating itself is flawed and doesn't leave room for great exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom