• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
So I just bought it online by Blizzard. It wants a game key to activate though. Was I meant to get an e-mail? Because I didn't...

If you bought online then it is already tied to your account and you only need to login.

but your key should also be online under manage games.

Chris R

Anyone know if the MPQs or whatever file is downloaded for PC and/or OSX will work on the other OS? Or will I have to redownload the game for the other OS?

You are also reading choice quotes of a Diablo 2 review....

I would have if I did read it - just saw rating + IGN and figured the rest out. Obviously wrong but today is just not my day. My point still stands valid - I don't care about a rating/review if I had the chance to test a game by myself.

itxaka

Defeatist
Great. Now my friend called my GF and I to go out tonight to see a stupid free concert. jkasdhfadflhdkasflkhasdlasdfljk

The pain.

Oh mah gawd, I seriously hope that my computer can run this. I know it SAYS it can, butttt...

Mid 2009 MBP.

2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, and a 9600M 256.

OH GOD PLEASE RUN. 49% installed...

Wow dude that's a realllllly low spec card. If D3 runs for you, it won't be a pretty sight I'm afraid :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
God I am dreading about exactly 24 hours from now. Surviving mid-afternoon at work tomorrow is going to be harder than soloing Inferno with no gear.

FtHTiny

Okay, after having issues i´m finally ready to go.

Can´t wait for it now. Have to pass 4h somehow. Was a little bit worried i will not repair this in time.

strafer

Great. Now my friend called my GF and I to go out tonight to see a stupid free concert. jkasdhfadflhdkasflkhasdlasdfljk

The pain.

0007_556q.gif

Arulan

If anyone has a spare guest pass I'd really appreciate it.

If I have to I'll buy another copy of the game (digitally) to play tonight, but I'd prefer not to have to go through customer support after I get my CE to try and make it a gift key.

I can't believe we're on the final few hours of this game coming out, it's even out already in Asia. This thread has been an amazing way to deal with the hype and the passing of time.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Oh mah gawd, I seriously hope that my computer can run this. I know it SAYS it can, butttt...

Mid 2009 MBP.

2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, and a 9600M 256.

OH GOD PLEASE RUN. 49% installed...

Medium without shadows turned on will work fine. Ran the beta on the same setup (except with a 2.8ghz cpu) with that.

Raide

Could not wait till after Midnight to walk to the shop and colect it, so I just got the Blizzard DD and I will give my other copy to my friend that was not 100% sure if he wanted D3. :D

Siegfried

If anyone has a spare guest pass I'd really appreciate it.

If I have to I'll buy another copy of the game (digitally) to play tonight, but I'd prefer not to have to go through customer support after I get my CE to try and make it a gift key.

I can't believe we're on the final few hours of this game coming out, it's even out already in Asia. This thread has been an amazing way to deal with the hype and the passing of time.

Since you mentioned it, what are my options if I somehow end up getting a CE later? Can I upgrade the key I have tied to my Bnet account and give the other to a friend or something?

Minsc

Gold Member
My subtle Diablo 3 IQ/color improvement filter

Using the D3 sharpness filter that was going around for a while, I tweaked it so that it wouldn't create major sharpening artifacts or ruin the UI. In its configured state, it should just tweak the colors slightly and counteract the bluriness introduced by the post process AA filter in the game.

Note: I have not yet tried Dark D3, so can't say whether one or the other will provide superior results at this point.

Didn't Blizzard say they will disable accounts for using color altering tools like that when they gain additional functionality they don't approve of?

It sure would suck to have your 2,000 hour account disabled because of a sharpness filter you weren't aware you needed to remove in time, as much as I dislike the blurred look.

scy

So many hours until 2am CST :(

My wait is until ~5PM :( Not going to be playing when the servers go up.

:(

Didn't Blizzard say they will disable accounts for using color altering tools like that when they gain additional functionality they don't approve of?

It sure would suck to have your 2,000 hour account disabled because of a sharpness filter you weren't aware you needed to remove in time, as much as I dislike the blurred look.

Jay's said those are okay so long as they don't take things too far and change aspects of the game.

The D3 installer I used was EU.

The guest pass I got is US.

My CE that arrives in 2 days will be EU.

Any region conflicts expected when I add the CE key to my account? Will the guest pass restrict me to the American servers?

injurai

Banned

No, they said they will ban tools that are cheats, and as long as DarkD3 or other things aren't cheats they won't take any actions against it.

isny

napkin dispenser
Delivery Estimate: Wednesday 23 May 2012.

And I was looking forward to playing this weekend...

I still have two extra full retail CD keys for cost. Just PM me if interested.

The D3 installer I used was EU.

The guest pass I got is US.

My CE that arrives in 2 days will be EU.

Any region conflicts expected when I add the CE key to my account? Will the guest pass restrict me to the American servers?

Shouldn't be any problems whatsoever. My battle.net account says "global" for my CD key.

Is there a key begging thread? I'm thinking a 10mile walking round trip to town to get this In store is abit much, if someone could sort me out I'd be happy to replace the code when my order copy turns up!
Isny what is "cost" for you £ or $?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom