• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

Medium without shadows turned on will work fine. Ran the beta on the same setup (except with a 2.8ghz cpu) with that.
Oh THANK GOD. What resolution did your run it at? Min specs said that it would run, but... ya never know. The poor 9600m GT is getting a bit old....

Megasoum

Banned
No, they said they will ban tools that are cheats, and as long as DarkD3 or other things aren't cheats they won't take any actions against it.

Exactly...but if DarkD3 keeps updating in the following months and suddenly adds something that Blizzard doesn't like you could get banned without warning.

Sure would sucks to get ban for something like that (especially how shitty it looks anyway lol)

Anth0ny

hXrll.jpg

My body is ready.

Dineren

Banned
Blizzard wins, I'm going to take tomorrow off and buy the digital version and upgrade whenever the CE shows up. Guess I can just give away the digital key after upgrading. I've lost my mind.

Maybe someone can answer this question for me.

I have a friend who asked me to purchase the game for him online in exchange for the cash. He said I could log on to his account and make the purchase (gave me username and password) but I do not feel so comfortable doing that. So here are my questions.

1.) Can I gift the game to someone if I setup my own account?

2.) Can I purchase the digital version through a 3rd party?

3.) Any other suggestions?

Jobacca

Neo Member
Didn't see if anyone replied.

Can I go ahead and download it, even if I am getting a boxed copy tonight? Then just activate my cd key?

Exactly...but if DarkD3 keeps updating in the following months and suddenly adds something that Blizzard doesn't like you could get banned without warning.

Sure would sucks to get ban for something like that (especially how shitty it looks anyway lol)
People have modded SC2 textures and been fine. A simple post-processing filter won't get anyone banned.

injurai

Banned

unless it auto updates then you shouldn't have a problem.
Oh cool, might use the DarkD3 mod then since I like the dark look better :p

Bah, I'm just going to my gamma way down.

aktham

If you have the Battle.net account sorted and hopefully with the Servers working, Midnight is a go!

If it's Pacific time, then that's 2 AM here. I have to work in the morning. I'll just wait until tomorrow to play (I played the beta lol)

Suairyu

Banned
Despite having never played a Diablo game before... pretty pumped for tomorrow!!
Play Diablo I. You could finish it in a (very) long evening. Dat atmosphere.

I can't advise you play Diablo II because as a solo experience is sucks balls and it doesn't feel very Diablo-y except for act IV which was amazing but brutally short.

So I dug into the blizzard store to grab an authenticator (mine is so scratched I can barely read the number) and I'm rather perplexed with the amount of branded crap they have in there.

Poker set?

Towel?
Their licensed boardgames are generally good. Warcraft III was excellent. I hear the World Of Warcraft roleplaying game is pretty amazing too.

If I bought the digital version of the game from Blizzard do I need to enter a Key? I went to my account and it says active under DiabloIII but I have no key to use, is this normal?

injurai

Banned
Mine still says "shipping soon" but the best news is that I have already been charged for the purchase. That went through early today so It is in processing and that is good enough for me.

dagZ

hey guys, I just finished installing Diablo 3, and now I have two folders: one is diablo 3 and the other is Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer. Can I just delete the installer? it's 7 gigs.

Sethos

Banned
If I bought the digital version of the game from Blizzard do I need to enter a Key? I went to my account and it says active under DiabloIII but I have no key to use, is this normal?

Yes, then you just download the client and log in with your Battle.net account.

Raide

hey guys, I just finished installing Diablo 3, and now I have two folders: one is diablo 3 and the other is Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer. Can I just delete the installer? it's 7 gigs.

Up to you. Might save you having to download it again if you need to reinstall. Depends if you have the spare space of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom