• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Blizzard isn't familiar with the average gamer, never mind the average Blizzard fan.

I think they very much are. I'd imagine if they gave much of a shit about the reaction over something this petty they'd have done it differently. But they didn't need to. Instances like this are necessary for self and group analysis, how else are people going to realize how stupid they're being when it comes to entitlement over petty things.

DarkKyo

Nope, only the Open Beta for a few hours while the servers stayed alive. :D

Fairness? For a pointless bit of text in your game that serves no purpose other than bragging rights? Meh. There will be plenty more random bits of text to unlock.

Personally I don't care about the feat of strength. Just the art on the banner would have been cool. Just because you don't care it really doesn't give you the right to judge whether or not other people have the right to be angry at Blizzard's decision.

So I was joking with my "The Unchosen" thing but, if Blizzard did do that, would it be fair? Or now doubly unfair?

I would say give something to the players that played in the beta, open or closed(maybe something unique for each type of beta player or something). It shows incentive and an actual desire to play the game.

Ploid 3.0

I've always been confused by the CLICK CLICK CLICK comments. It's like people don't know you can hold down the mouse button.

I bet some people are so used to bumping up their clicks per minute in starcraft 2 that they are just too used to clicking for no reason. I was watching the video of the guy that was planning to be the first at some high level or whatever in this game. To move in a circle he clicked about every other step the character made, and that's just for a circle. For going straight he just kept clicking.

Holding down the button to attack is terrible for various reasons... lower dps, less accuracy, less freedom when controlling your character.

Oh well, at least I'm playing for fun so it shouldn't matter.

99%

Personally I don't care about the feat of strength. Just the art on the banner would have been cool. Just because you don't care it really doesn't give you the right to judge whether or not other people have the right to be angry at Blizzard's decision.

You can be angry, but its kind of stupid.

If you get upset about small stuff like this, life is gonna get tough for ya.

Lothars

Both of you just need to think about it as an issue of fairness.
Question: Were either of you in the beta?

Some people did every one of those and still got nothing. Yes, the people that actually worked at getting into the beta are the ones who get screwed.
I was in the beta but I never actively tried to and I wouldn't be upset if I never got into the beta, It was actually the first blizzard beta that I've gotten into but again I don't see how anyone is getting screwed.

I don't have an issue if they would give it to anyone that played the Open Beta as well, But what about the people that didn't play in the closed beta and didn't play in the Open Beta? I bet you some of them would be bitching about this for no reason either.

I just don't see why this is a big deal or somehow a slight against the userbase.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No.

go back to sleep :p
Sorry but it's literally impossible for me to go back to bed. I have the Tristram-theme as my alarm signal and I let it play through the whole song, now I'm hyped as fuck. Gonna turn on the whole soundtrack and listen to it again!

scy

I would say give something to the players that played in the beta, open or closed(maybe something unique for each type of beta player or something). It shows incentive and an actual desire to play the game.

True. Not sure why the Open Beta weekend doesn't get an acknowledgment. I just figured Chosen/Unchosen with a unique Sigil is fine and just let them unlock the other after something in-game. Nobody loses anything just one side gets a sigil the other doesn't at the very start.

Dunno.

I bet some people are so used to bumping up their clicks per minute in starcraft 2 that they are just too used to clicking for no reason. I was watching the video of the guy that was planning to be the first at some high level or whatever in this game. To move in a circle he clicked about every other step the character made, and that's just for a circle. For going straight he just kept clicking.

More APM == More Skill. It's a direct correlation obviously!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The lower DPS was a bug, according to a blue post.
But according to another blue post, they said it was an intentional "bug" and that they had no plans on fixing it :3

Riggs

Banned
Sorry but it's literally impossible for me to go back to bed. I have the Tristram-theme as my alarm signal and I let it play through the whole song, now I'm hyped as fuck. Gonna turn on the whole soundtrack and listen to it again!

Ha, what's your alarm sound going to be for monday morning?

garath

So monk or wizard for me. I originally hated the wizard during the beta but seeing the class video completely 180'd me. I love the teleport, slow time bubble, AE blizzard spell. It all looks so cool.

Yoshichan

I'm debating between this and Tera, what should I do gaf?
You should honestly try both out and see which one fits you the most. You'll most likely end up being hooked to Diablo 3 though.

jkoch

Okay the Battletag list has been updated to this point in the thread. If you've posted your battletag already and it's not in the list shoot me a pm. Otherwise, continue posting them here. Thanks!

Taking a break from updating for now, if you aren't added immediately by someone else, then you'll be added as soon as someone can get to it.

Well over 300 now, wow! Thanks a lot for maintaining the list.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Question to anyone who's done the mark of valor thing:

what does it actually post to your facebook? I'm kind of weird about attaching public things to my FB account.

Yoshichan

Ha, what's your alarm sound going to be for monday morning?
WEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIENDS!

'cuz I'll be waking up, feeling like a frickin' CHAMPION!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Some people did every one of those and still got nothing. Yes, the people that actually worked at getting into the beta are the ones who get screwed.

Don't get melodramatic, no one got screwed. Get over yourself.

zlatko

Banned
You should honestly try both out and see which one fits you the most. You'll most likely end up being hooked to Diablo 3 though.

You aren't as undercore as I thought Yoshi.

Clearly if he came to the Diablo thread seeking advice, his inner undercore self already knows the game he needs in his life. Let it consume him.

There is no justice in Tera.

DarkKyo

You can be angry, but its kind of stupid.

If you get upset about small stuff like this, life is gonna get tough for ya.
I aint even mad.

I was in the beta but I never actively tried to and I wouldn't be upset if I never got into the beta, It was actually the first blizzard beta that I've gotten into but again I don't see how anyone is getting screwed.

I don't have an issue if they would give it to anyone that played the Open Beta as well, But what about the people that didn't play in the closed beta and didn't play in the Open Beta? I bet you some of them would be bitching about this for no reason either.

I just don't see why this is a big deal or somehow a slight against the userbase.
The difference there is that they wouldn't have an argument to justify their bitching.

Sothpaw

Is it really that hard to understand why people are upset? The official forums are overboard, which is to be expected, but they're justified in thinking it's kinda lame.

For a mature adult, yes it is hard to understand why people are upset.

zlatko

Banned
WEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIENDS!

'cuz I'll be waking up, feeling like a frickin' CHAMPION!

Less undercore by the minute!

You should wake up to Guile's theme. Nothin like showering as you watch your cock swing about while you do shadow sonic booms in the shower, or cover your arms in suds and perform one to watch the soapy discharge travel forward.

I HIGHLY discourage trying to do a flash kick though.

Dicks will break at this location... if you know what I mean.

Yoshichan

You aren't as undercore as I thought Yoshi.

Clearly if he came to the Diablo thread seeking advice, his inner undercore self already knows the game he needs in his life. Let it consume him.

There is no justice in Tera.
:_: I will do my best from now on!
I'm pretty sure the intentional bug was the animation cancelling? Let me find the post.
Yeah you're probably right. Although there's still lots of other reasons why you should be clicking and not holding down the button. At higher levels, holding down the button is straight up a bad thing to do.

g23

European pre-madonna
I'm just wondering if TERA is remotely as good as Diablo. I mean they are pretty much the same type of game rite?

DarkKyo

Don't get melodramatic, no one got screwed. Get over yourself.

Lol I love how you all think I'm super emotional about this. I'm really not. I "got over myself" after high school. I think the one who needs to "get over themselves" are the ones who are getting pissed that some take issue with a terrible decision.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I like that the OP used Phroilan Gardner's piece for the banner image. Im still not entirely sure what class i wanna go with. Probably monk.

LowParry

I'm debating between this and Tera, what should I do gaf?

Well that's easy. Monthly fee or no monthly fee.

And no, they are completely different games. Youtube up some vids and you'll get a good idea what you're getting into. Or are you here just to troll? Hmmmmmmmm.

Yoshichan

Dicks will break at this location... if you know what I mean.
Oh I certainly do know what you're talking ab... wait, WHAT THE HECK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?!

Ainaurdur

For simply walking through an area, it bugs me whenever I notice people constantly clicking to move. Click and hold. Unless you need to get up for a moment to grab something and come right back. Personal preference I guess.

Or a wound up attack finger that can't back down during the calm times. :D

zlatko

Banned
Oh I certainly do know what you're talking ab... wait, WHAT THE HECK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?!

We lost a lot of good men out there...

Also... LOL @ Tera and Diablo same type of game.

TERA = MMORPG.

Diablo 3 = Top down dungeon crawler focused on loot and co op play.

Just youtube each and take a look.

Junie12

For simply walking through an area, it bugs me whenever I notice people constantly clicking to move. Click and hold. Unless you need to get up for a moment to grab something and come right back. Personal preference I guess.

Or a wound up attack finger that can't back down during the calm times. :D

I don't know why I click to move I just do, just feels more natural to me I guess..

Guess I'm just too excited :lol

g23

European pre-madonna
I guess the better comparison is this or guild wars 2.

They both have no monthly fees.

And the creator of bnet actually is developing guild wars 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom