• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are reviews of this hitting at some point? I mean I already bought it, but I'm really just curious to see what scores it gets.
Reviewers get the game at the same time we do. Which also means they will rush the game to get a review out ASAP, which will make the reviews even more pointless than they already are.

injurai

Banned
So are reviews of this hitting at some point? I mean I already bought it, but I'm really just curious to see what scores it gets.

I would hope the reviews play the full game, so honest reviews will still be a few days out and rushed paid off reviews might be coming someimte tomorrow.

Trickster

Was your resolution set correctly before viewing the cinematic?

I didn't have this problem at all.. But I'm only on a 23" monitor.

Have everything on max. Maybe I should rephrase it, the quality is similar to a youtube HD video, as in, nowhere near a proper HD video. And when things move quickly on the screen, pixelation happens.

HBroward

I have a question, I have the CE coming tomorrow, do digital versions get a guess pass to give out? My friend thought it was only boxed copies that get one, and the CE gets 3 I hear. Just want to play tonight without buying another copy.

Spoiler thread is up here.

Post 1 doesn't have spoilers, just warnings. I have no idea what has been posted beyond the first post, and won't look until sometime tomorrow after I've completed normal. If you've already spoiled yourself, please feel free to discuss without tags there.

injurai

Banned

Post 1 doesn't have spoilers, just warnings. I have no idea what has been posted beyond the first post, and won't look until sometime tomorrow after I've completed normal. If you've already spoiled yourself, please feel free to discuss without tags there.

Danger Will Robinson, I will be avoiding this for a while.

Arc07

Does anyone else have an issue where certain textures in the menu and loading screens are VERY pixelated? Here's a picture of the cinematic's button (I removed any "spoilers" in it). Notice the area circled is very low res. Any idea how to fix? I'm running everything at max settings.

Geoff9920

Have everything on max. Maybe I should rephrase it, the quality is similar to a youtube HD video, as in, nowhere near a proper HD video. And when things move quickly on the screen, pixelation happens.
Yup, the intro vid looked heavily compressed. I guess they wanted to fit everything on one disk?

scy

I never noticed that Amazon gives an estimated delivery time of 8 PM.

I'm glad I noticed that they always say that since I'd have freaked out otherwise :x

injurai

Banned
I never noticed that Amazon gives an estimated delivery time of 8 PM.

I'm glad I noticed that they always say that since I'd have freaked out otherwise :x

I don't like the idea of my package sitting outside that long, I leave early in the morning. Good thing I live in a good neighborhood. But those damn squirrels, you can never know with their kind.

edit: oh PM ^ joke ruined >.> well things just got way worse

zlatko

Banned

Love the title for the spoiler thread. xD

zguL

Does anyone else have an issue where certain textures in the menu and loading screens are VERY pixelated? Here's a picture of the cinematic's button (I removed any "spoilers" in it). Notice the area circled is very low res. Any idea how to fix? I'm running everything at max settings.

That looks weird. What graphics card do you have, and do you have the newest drivers? It looks like a driver bug maybe, or something to do with incompatibility of the graphics card.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Video was definitely pixelated for me too. I have seen that video before in HD on YouTube and it looked better. I guess they are adding value to the Blu ray in the CE.

Arc07

That looks weird. What graphics card do you have, and do you have the newest drivers? It looks like a driver bug maybe, or something to do with incompatibility of the graphics card.

ASUS 5870 Eyefinity-6. Updated my drivers yesterday thru Steam update. I had this issue in the beta as well. The loading screen was this massive blur too. :/

zlatko

Banned
I don't like the idea of my package sitting outside that long, I leave early in the morning. Good thing I live in a good neighborhood. But those damn squirrels, you can never know with their kind.

Squirrels know all about that click click click.

I just read about the guest pass/starter edition. it looks like I wont be getting my CE until next week, expected shipping some time around the 23rd. (NA region)

if anyone has an extra guess pass I would appreciate it. of course i would fire one back next week when i get my CE

Voidguts

MAN.. so the plan for the past week between me/my co-op friends has been to sleep monday night, play first thing tuesday morning. fast forward to today.. I think the installer (as sad as that is) pushed our collective hype over the edge. seriously considering staying up until 3AM to play now. I'm just worried about server stability.

TOO HYPED

so I have a 120gig ssdrive. Its running out of room, if i were to go get another one, can I plug it in just like an extra hard drive and install diablo 3 on it. Or do ssdrives only work fast with the drive having the OS on it? computer noob question.

chiablo

I just read about the guest pass/starter edition. it looks like I wont be getting my CE until next week, expected shipping some time around the 23rd. (NA region)

if anyone has an extra guess pass I would appreciate it. of course i would fire one back next week when i get my CE

So maybe an hour or so of content. That's sad, I was hoping it would have been similar to the old shareware days where we got 1/3 of the game for free.

KKRT00

Any clue?

x6mRY.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom