• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotchaye

so I have a 120gig ssdrive. Its running out of room, if i were to go get another one, can I plug it in just like an extra hard drive and install diablo 3 on it. Or do ssdrives only work fast with the drive having the OS on it? computer noob question.

You'd be fine. You want the OS on an SSD so that the OS loads up quick. But there's no advantage to trying to access something that happens to be on the same drive as the OS vs a different drive.

lordy88

Any clue?

x6mRY.jpg

I've had the same problem. I think we both closed the blizzard downloader a bit too early. Check your installer folder. Is Installer Tome 3.MPQE complete or is there also a Installer Tome 3.MPQE.part ? If there is a part, delete the part and 3.MPQE and re-run the blizzard installer to the same spot in the directory. Don't close the Blizzard Downloader, it should close itself!

I'm doing this right now, hopefully it works. I'll let you know.

noooooooo i was gonna wait until today to get an authenticator and now i just saw they finally put the new DIABLO 3 edition one up but it's US ONLY ????

does anyone know whether it will show up on the EU store at some point or are we stuck with that fugly SC2 one?

injurai

Banned
does inferno have separate tier of loot?

Each act in inferno has a separate tier of loot.
noooooooo i was gonna wait until today to get an authenticator and now i just saw they finally put the new DIABLO 3 edition one up but it's US ONLY ????

does anyone know whether it will show up on the EU store at some point or are we stuck with that fugly SC2 one?
last I checked they had the EU one up. I was looking the the NA store however.

Mitama

so I have a 120gig ssdrive. Its running out of room, if i were to go get another one, can I plug it in just like an extra hard drive and install diablo 3 on it. Or do ssdrives only work fast with the drive having the OS on it? computer noob question.

Sure you can, as long as it's on an SSD you'll benefit from it.

Rokam

I don't know what to play, keep going back and forth between a life leeching Barbarian or some form of poison based witch doctor (with a couple fire abilities). Only 11 hours left to decide.

Each act in inferno has a separate tier of loot.

last I checked they had the EU one up. I was looking the the NA store however.

exactly i checked the US store and it's up, the EU store however does NOT have it up..

i can only order at the EU one though if i am in the EU obviously right?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys I just took a couple of hours sleep, probably the best decision I've ever done since I feel really, REALLY good right now. And what's this about getting auto-banned in the next |OT| :(?

bdrob

Woohoo, installed + ShopTo confirmed dispatch of my CE :D

Out of interest, did anyone in the beta use nVidia inspector? From what I've read the ingame AA is a bit blurry and it's better to use nVidia Inspector to force AA. Just wondered what settings people found worked best, e.g. SGAA or plain-ol MSAA?

Gotchaye

I've been posting off and on, but I don't think I've given my info yet for the collection.

GAF: Gotchaye
Battletag: Gotchaye#1868
Region: North America
Favorite Class: Wizard

aegies

Reviewers get access at the same time as everyone else. I'll be reviewing it for polygon, and I figure I'll need to play through the game on normal and (hopefully) nightmare with at least one class, then play an act or two with the others perhaps? I'm open to opinions on that.

Other than that, I don't have a timetable for when our review will be live. It takes however long it takes. Though hopefully I can have it up within a week or so.

zlatko

Banned
Guys I just took a couple of hours sleep, probably the best decision I've ever done since I feel really, REALLY good right now. And what's this about getting auto-banned in the next |OT| :(?

It's because you're green. We don't take too kindly to your kind around here.

Dude guess what?

Going to bed at 7PM. Waking up at 2AM or 3AM. Going to play 2-3 hours before having to go to work.

If the servers aren't up I will kill your first born. :D

Reviewers get access at the same time as everyone else. I'll be reviewing it for polygon, and I figure I'll need to play through the game on normal and (hopefully) nightmare with at least one class, then play an act or two with the others perhaps? I'm open to opinions on that.

Other than that, I don't have a timetable for when our review will be live. It takes however long it takes. Though hopefully I can have it up within a week or so.

I suspected as much. I'd be sure to get in at least some experience with hardcore mode as well.

Cipherr

My order just shipped from Amazon, I ordered it at about 4AM Sunday morning. So thats a pretty freaking good turnaround. Also its shipping from a facility in Coffeyville, KS. Only about 3 hours away, and the delivery date is set for tomorrow.

Amazing that Amazon was able to seriously secure release date delivery even though I ordered on a weekend in the wee hours of the morning when it became available for a brief moment.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Going to bed at 7PM. Waking up at 2AM or 3AM. Going to play 2-3 hours before having to go to work.

If the servers aren't up I will kill your first born. :D
Sounds great man! Oh God I'm SO FUCKING HYPED RIGHT NOW! ALL RESTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

LowParry

Nobody really knows yet. It's not like it's hard to switch builds in the event it doesn't work out, however.

There's also gems you'd have to switch out and such. It will be interesting how it plays out. I'm trying the "battle mage" idea. There's good potential but as Yoshi has pointed out and I agree with, their absorb armors don't look too promising at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom