• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
73dKV.png

That is what I get for being cheap (and missing release-date shipping when available) :(

injurai

Banned
There's also gems you'd have to switch out and such. It will be interesting how it plays out. I'm trying the "battle mage" idea. There's good potential but as Yoshi has pointed out and I agree with, their absorb armors don't look too promising at the moment.

You don't really switch them out, you just toggle what version of a skill you want to use.

hitsugi

Despite my earlier blunder with payment info, i was able to recover and Amazon has shipped it! :D Release day delivery baby.

mxgt

Banned
Only going to be able to play an hour tonight and an hour before work tomorrow (if the servers allow me to)

going to be hell tomorrow waiting to get home

So I most likely won't be receiving my LE from Amazon until around 6:00 pm PST tomorrow.

Would any kind soul like to provide me a guess pass for the starter edition?

DPsygnet

It's because you're green. We don't take too kindly to your kind around here.

Dude guess what?

Going to bed at 7PM. Waking up at 2AM or 3AM. Going to play 2-3 hours before having to go to work.

If the servers aren't up I will kill your first born. :D

Doing the exact same thing, except am in vacation for a month :D so ill be playing like a bad mofo.

Realyn

Guys I just took a couple of hours sleep, probably the best decision I've ever done since I feel really, REALLY good right now. And what's this about getting auto-banned in the next |OT| :(?

You said you wouldn't do that. So you are undercore after all. Start HC.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Going to bed at 7PM. Waking up at 2AM or 3AM. Going to play 2-3 hours before having to go to work.

I'd do that if I could. No way I can get myself to actually fall asleep that early.

Trickster

You said you wouldn't do that. So you are undercore after all. Start HC.

I don't understand why anyone would want to start out in hardcore mode. They don't know what the various bosses can do or how to properly tackle different packs of mobs. I'm guessing no one will be able to get a level 60 character in the first go, seems like a waste to someone like me :p

Duress

Diablo lore question, since I'm reading some of this installer story summary. Did they change the player character in Diablo 1 to be the Eldest son, Aidan? or has that always been like that? I haven't touched read or played anything about Diablo in a while.

injurai

Banned
Can't surf the net at all, spoilers everywhere. :(

I have found a home here, and haven't left since some time last week.
Diablo lore question, since I'm reading some of this installer story summary. Did they change the player character in Diablo 1 to be the Eldest son, Aidan? or has that always been like that? I haven't touched read or played anything about Diablo in a while.

retcon

Realyn

I don't understand why anyone would want to start out in hardcore mode. They don't know what the various bosses can do or how to properly tackle different packs of mobs. I'm guessing no one will be able to get a level 60 character in the first go, seems like a waste to someone like me :p

self hate or smth. I want to see myself cry.

Peterthumpa

Hm... just had an idea right now... never played a Diablo game before, and my gaming rig is an HTPC so playing with mouse/keyboard is kinda horrible.

So, I had this "great" idea of playing this on my iPad streaming my PC's screen to an iPad app. This would eliminate the nees for a mouse but what about a keyboard? Is it really necessary or all the shortcuts and etc are easy to access using a mouse?

Siegfried

Just arrived home 15 minutes ago, installed the game without any problems here and already entered it and watched the 3 cutscenes (no spoilers at all if you have played the beta!)

No problems with my video card also. It's an HD4900 (driver version 12.3) but I didn't get the error message. :)

Sooooooooooooo close now. I can already feel my body becoming one with my Demon Hunter.

guise

OS X users

Is anyone else getting this issue - after i run the launcher, my hot-corners stop working. It's really annoying - is there any fix?

oneils

Can someone convince me why I should pick up my fully paid off CE and not get the SE instead.

A little torn here. $33 for Wings and a WoW pet. I like the other extra's but in all sincerity I won't touch the dvd's and I'll take maybe one peak at the artbook.

I'll mainly play the game.

Yeah. I got the collector's edition to Cataclysm and never touched the goodies. Now I am not really sure why I picked up the CE of DIII. Oh well, it will look nice on the shelf.

chris-013

Just arrived home 15 minutes ago, installed the game without any problems here and already entered it and watched the 3 cutscenes (no spoilers at all if you have played the beta!)

No problems with my video card also. It's an HD4900 (driver version 12.3) but I didn't get the error message. :)

Sooooooooooooo close now. I can already feel my body becoming one with my Demon Hunter.

3 cutscenes... what's the third ?

If I'm adding battletags from GAF, can I just go into Starcraft II right now and add you guys there? Or does it have to be from within Diablo III?

zlatko

Banned
Yeah. I got the collector's edition to Cataclysm and never touched the goodies. Now I am not really sure why I picked up the CE of DIII. Oh well, it will look nice on the shelf.

Give me your b.net avatars or wings if you don't want them then. ;D

Just finished setting up all my PC stuff from my shopping spree.

bought a G500 mouse, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard, and a 24" Samsung monitor.

Blew all the dust out of my computer too.

My body and soul(PC) are ready.

LowParry

I'm really curious how this game will run after beta. There always seem to be particular parts of beta that would just slow down out of no where. The Templar breaking the spikes on the stairs was one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom