• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

Just finished setting up all my PC stuff from my shopping spree.

bought a G500 mouse, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard, and a 24" Samsung monitor.

Blew all the dust out of my computer too.

My body and soul(PC) are ready.

All the mouse discussion is making me want to buy a new mouse. The one I have sort of works but it's a cheap mouse and nowhere near the glory I experienced with my G5 back in the day. The razer I got to replace it was not particularly comfortable. I think I'll grab a g500 after class tomorrow

I told everyone I'm not killing myself. But it's Diablo we're talking about here... how often does this shit get released?! GET HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

KGcbg.jpg

what is all that stuff?

Trying to cancel my CE order from amazon. Just got laid off earlier today. Hopefully they're able to get it done...it was in "shipping soon" status.

edit: keep getting an error message when I try and submit my cancellation request.

If you wait one week, you might be able to turn that CE for more money.

It all depends if your situation allows you to wait.

Finally pulled the trigger, ready for midnight! This is gonna be my first Diablo, what should I be expecting?

Broken index finger and mouse. Infinite rage when you reach a boss you just can't beat like Duri in D2. Memories to last you a lifetime.

Yeah, that sounds about right. amrite guise?

MiniKelly

Trying to cancel my CE order from amazon. Just got laid off earlier today. Hopefully they're able to get it done...it was in "shipping soon" status.

edit: keep getting an error message when I try and submit my cancellation request.

Perfect timing. Now you can play diabo3 24/7.
I don't think you'll be able to cancel it.

zlatko

Banned
All the mouse discussion is making me want to buy a new mouse. The one I have sort of works but it's a cheap mouse and nowhere near the glory I experienced with my G5 back in the day. The razer I got to replace it was not particularly comfortable.

Join me in bad ass mother fucker land and order the Diablo 3 Steel Series mouse from amazon.com :D

Ferrio

Banned
Ya I'm looking at a good mouse too... too bad all the places in town (2 places) that sell mice are like 2x the amount that amazon shows. Sucks buying a mouse online too, cause I'd like to feel the damn thing.

Look at the razor deathadder personally... any opinions?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So Haunteds been undercore unintentionally?! That's undercore.

furfoots

Anyone else getting choppy/stuttering cinematics with vsync on (ati radeon 5770 12.3)? Turning off vsync sorts out the stuttering but gives me tearing in return.

You can easily sell it for more than you bought it for.

that really depends, shipping that thing wont be cheap and ebay now charges 9% of your total sale price, Amazon takes 15% i think? If you could find someone to sell to on GAF, CAG or craigslist would be your best bet

Try calling them. Often times the online cancellation process won't work if its "shipping soon"

Too many seconds. Google Chrome and Mozilla FireFox really make a difference.

I'm not a fan of firefox, not sure why, just didn't like it. I actually really like chrome, I'm just a procrastinator and haven't reinstalled it since reinstalling windows a few weeks ago. I guess I'm not playing Diablo 3 until 2AM since blizzard sucks, so maybe I'll get around to it tonight.

hey gaf, has anyone tried connecting to an asian VPN to play yet?

I'm about to try it.. reason I think it may not work is because I'm using a US account :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh don't be such a pussy.
Haha 'tis all good, it's nothing that's gonna kill me :p I'm not going overdose on anything. Gotta be alive for The Last Guardian y'know?

zlatko

Banned
I'm not a fan of firefox, not sure why, just didn't like it. I actually really like chrome, I'm just a procrastinator and haven't reinstalled it since reinstalling windows a few weeks ago. I guess I'm not playing Diablo 3 until 2AM since blizzard sucks, so maybe I'll get around to it tonight.

Yeah I'm a chrome man myself.

Quick, sleek, and rarely fucks up.

Plus the install takes what, 2 minutes tops? :p

FinKL

Sucks buying a mouse online too, cause I'd like to feel the damn thing.

Yeah it sux, I tried Best Buy, Office Depot, Frys, Office Max. They all have mice on display, but it's usually old Microsoft/Logitech stuff. None of the newer stuff and especially not any of the higher end one's =/

Ya I'm looking at a good mouse too... too bad all the places in town (2 places) that sell mice are like 2x the amount that amazon shows. Sucks buying a mouse online too, cause I'd like to feel the damn thing.

Look at the razor deathadder personally... any opinions?
One of the best mice you can buy IMO. Razer stuff tends to have shoddy build quality so keep that in mind, but I haven't had issues with mine going on 5 months now or so.

Adjustable polling rate, no prediction, no hardware level acceleration, it's just all around solid for mouse performance. Feels comfy too.

Staab

hey gaf, has anyone tried connecting to an asian VPN to play yet?

I'm about to try it.. reason I think it may not work is because I'm using a US account :/

That won't work, it's tied to your account license and not a regional IP check.
D3 will be global play once every region has launched but not before.

Gowans

Installed on my PC and MacBook Pro, on my Mac it said the installed failed at 69% but I reset and went to install and it said it was fine and loaded the game, hmm.

Since some people were asking for them - I have a couple of guest passes to give away for those who are still waiting for their pre-orders to ship/arrive. Not sure if they are region bound, but if so, they are european.

[Removed on request - PM me]
Serve yourself, but please post here if you used one, so people can avoid trying the ones that are already used up.

Edit: If they weren't used up yet when I removed them from the post, they have been now - all gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom