• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxon

Just bought the digital version. So reading here I won't need an activation key. Cool.

Theoretically yes, although if you're reading the rest of the bad news, Asian digital copies aren't authenticating correctly (due to lack of said key) and are being flagged one by one by support.

Uh oh.

In other news--I started my installer, and it went fine, until it got stuck on a ~35MB file to finish off the setup. (I had updated files last night for the installer). I closed that and restarted the launcher. Now it's stuck at 'Updating Blizzard Launcher 0%'. Am I effed? Can always just reinstall.

Raide

well if your folder is 7,60 gb big i don´t really now whats the problem on your side.

This is a bit strange. Mine installed with no issues and did the update but its not 15+Gb. It boots fine as well, so I wonder if it will kick me on login?

ParityBit

Such a tease! Installed, watched the intro, put in my account/password/auth and ./.... DENIED! Stupid Battle.net (Yes I expected this I know)

Ploid 3.0

Oh crap, I stinking have digital version.. activating one at a time? That's crazy

Hulk
gamefly1kwux1.gif

Theoretically yes, although if you're reading the rest of the bad news, Asian digital copies aren't authenticating correctly (due to lack of said key) and are being flagged one by one by support.

Uh oh.

In other news--I started my installer, and it went fine, until it got stuck on a ~35MB file to finish off the setup. (I had updated files last night for the installer). I closed that and restarted the launcher. Now it's stuck at 'Updating Blizzard Launcher 0%'. Am I effed? Can always just reinstall.

Well, I'll guess I'll find out at midnight tonight lol.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Download finishing in ~20 minutes. FUUUU

Also I've already posted in the begging thread but If anyone could get me a guest pass (EU GB) and I'll be able to return the favour when I pick up a box tomorrow.

Wolfie5

Like I said last week, there should be a quick guide on the first page. I am sure there are still people who doesn't know about elective mode.

so what's the story on signing onto european servers from the US east coast. is there any way to do that to get early access. Otherwise, looks like i'm sleeping early and waking up at 3 am when the US servers go live.

Freki

so what's the story on signing onto european servers from the US east coast. is there any way to do that to get early access. Otherwise, looks like i'm sleeping early and waking up at 3 am when the US servers go live.

There's no way - only after us servers are live

Number45

If it's any help, these are the folders I have.

Installer:
3qs1Fl.png

Installed game directory:
dnzGrl.png

It launches fine, asks me for the authenticator code then gives me error 33.

goldensun

I have the digital version and I'm fine. Game's installed, got my configurations set, just waiting for the servers now.

I'm in SoCal so I'll have to wait 9 and a half hours more :p

HenryHSH

Europe is the guinea pig. Blizzard performs the tests on you guys and delivers a seamless experience for us folks in the US.

11 8 hours and 7 minutes to go! :(

Freki

Europe is the guinea pig. Blizzard performs the tests on you guys and delivers a seamless experience for us folks in the US.

11 hours and 7 minutes to go! :(

If the reports are correct then asia is the guinea pig - activating digital one by one - that's just sad...

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
WOOT!!!!! All installed up, no problems at all, went both fast and smooth. Watched the intro cinematic, now I'm just waiting for 3 AM to roll around. Time to take a nap!!!!

Feels good man!

Kerub

Banned
Hey, I need help with the downloader. It made it to 7,60 of 7,60 gb this time and it says "Finished downloading Diablo III installer thingy". All I can do is cancel, and it's been stuck like that for a while. Do I have to cancel it to finish it? I don't want it corrupted like the last time I tried.

mxgt

Banned
so tempted to call in sick. its my friends birthday tomorrow. i suddenly feel a bit under the weather.

I was actually sick thursday and friday last week so that avenue has closed for me and I couldn't take a couple of days holiday as another colleague did and we'd be too short handed

fml

FinKL

Hey, I need help with the downloader. It made it to 7,60 of 7,60 gb this time and it says "Finished downloading Diablo III installer thingy". All I can do is cancel, and it's been stuck like that for a while. Do I have to cancel it to finish it? I don't want it corrupted like the last time I tried.

Leave it until you can't leave it anymore!

The dreaded 5 o'clock hour. How late does Amazon ship packages out?

I've had stuff ship out at 11 pm and still got it at 2 pm on release date. Don't worry unless the planes grounded it'll get there.

In reply to someone who never got one, walmart is carrying the CE, the one closest to me is getting 24. So go early if you want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom