• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naito

Someone got his CE and captured some screens of the cinematics - I don't know what they contain but they are apparently huge spoilers from the comments...

BEWARE - HUGE SPOILERS!!!

link

I discretely posted about this some pages ago but it was ignored ;_;

Ainaurdur

Rösti;37712315 said:
I just placed an order on this, should have it by Wednesday or Thursday next week. Unfortunately I won't be able to play it in a resolution higher than 640 x 480, at least without a massive frame rate drop, but I can probably tweak it (more than I could in the beta test anyway).

Sounds like a great retro way to play. ;)

Freki

Guess I didn't want it to be too much highlighted :/
Oh well, it seems the guy will upload the videos in the next hours.

I know some people want to know this stuff before so and others would want to avoid them.
Huge exclamation marks hopefully solves both problems at the same time.

I know I will stay away from all the spoilery stuff - although I have some ideas due to TV spots and datamined content already.

Velocity

Hooooly shit. An extra 30 pages since I went to sleep and woke up. This thread is insane. There's like an extra 10 posts every time I refresh the page. Im guessing the Lord of Hype is writhing in ecstasy right about now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I will never understand why people would want to spoil a game like this, even just for themselves.
One of my Diablo-buddies never really were interested in the story/lore in games... he keeps asking me if I know this or that. I tell him unlike him, I'd love to keep the story unrevealed until I actually finish the game. He's like "What, why?"

That shit infuriates me to no end.

Junie12

Hmm, DH in Hardcore does sound like a good idea..

But I'm not gonna use it till I have finished my quest with the Monk so HC will have to wait.

I will never understand why people would want to spoil a game like this, even just for themselves.

Personally, I would agree with most things, but with a game like this? A game that you're gonna zoom through in like 15 hours and then replay a ton of times? story is auxiliary to gameplay for me. neat to know what happens, but not the focus. It's like the starcraft 2 pros who -still- haven't beaten campaign because it's just not their focus.

goldensun

Someone got his CE and captured some screens of the cinematics - I don't know what they contain but they are apparently huge spoilers from the comments...

link

Jesus Christ man, you expect me to click that? Really?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Jesus Christ man, you expect me to click that? Really?

Do it man, click it, you know you want to. Seriously, imagine how bitchin it looks. Probably some crazy ass looking cgi. I can see it already...

Ryan_

link

Why did I watch it!

I think I've settled on Demon Hunter.

itxveNaEhzWgK.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jay Wilson issues a spoiler warning:

source
Sigh... I guess I'll just obey Jay and stay out of every site except for GAF... hopefully it's safe around here.

Sothpaw

I have a question about Blizzard's writing team. I had some free time last weekend (fam went to the inlaws for the day) so I picked up the Book of Cain read it. The story isn't too bad for a videogame franchise.

So my question is: do we know how much of the Diablo story Metzen is responsible for? I know he is heavily involved with the WOW story, which is a horrible mess. And his portrayal of Imperious in the cartoon was juvenile at best. But if he had something to do with the Book of Cain then I guess he has some potential after all. By videogame story standards anyway.

Nugg

I'm happy we have an OT now, but I guess I'm just gonna avoid it until release. There are spoilers everywhere on the web, and I'm sure it's just a matter of time until some asshole just posts some unmarked stuff here.

See you guys in a week. Take care.

hiro4

I couldn't agree more! The accuracy with the pen tablet and how easy it is to move around really blew my mind. My only gripe is I use an older pen which is much smaller than the current Wacom pens and the button on the pen itself is a bit of a pain to keep track of at times.

Yes. Moving around is so easy.
It only gets a bit hard when there are a lot of enemies around.

Im thinking of getting a new Wacom partially for this game. My grapphire 2 is getting old.

Yoshichan

I have a question about Blizzard's writing team. I had some free time last weekend (fam went to the inlaws for the day) so I picked up the Book of Cain read it. The story isn't too bad for a videogame franchise.

So my question is: do we know how much of the Diablo story Metzen is responsible for? I know he is heavily involved with the WOW story, which is a horrible mess. And his portrayal of Imperious in the cartoon was juvenile at best. But if he had something to do with the Book of Cain then I guess he has some potential after all. By videogame story standards anyway.
Hopefully Metzen has an extremely small part of the lore in Diablo III. But he probably has the majority of it, unfortunately.

goldensun

How should I know? I haven't seen the screens myself. I think it's an option for people who do want to know in advance - nobody is forcing you ;-).
You posted them and haven't looked at them yourself? YOU EVIL, EVIL PERSON! :p

I'll probably watch within the next few days, I don't think I can hold out for 5 and half more days or so without spoiling SOMETHING for myself.

zlatko

Banned
Whyyyy must the leaks come this early. No stream watching for me of any games either...people can leave a shit head comment to spoil as I tend to read stream monster chat.

Even GAF makes me feel antsy. :(

Freki

You posted them and haven't looked at them yourself? YOU EVIL, EVIL PERSON! :p

I'll probably watch within the next few days, I don't think I can hold out for 5 and half more days or so without spoiling SOMETHING for myself.

Well i wanted to at first as I didn't know they would contain spoilers - but the poster was nice enough to make it clear that they were huge spoilers... bullet dodged :-D

Ainaurdur

Thinking about potential spoilers has me thinking about when I get the CE in my hands. A careful unboxing, looking without looking, just to grab the card with my key on it and immediately close it until I finish normal. Heh. Ok, I'm sure I'll take out the skull to admire too.

Naito

Whyyyy must the leaks come this early. No stream watching for me of any games either...people can leave a shit head comment to spoil as I tend to read stream monster chat.

I suggest you to watch an Asura's Wrath playthrough on YT - I was skeptic but it was beatiful.

Junie12

I just watch the unboxing of the CE..

I kind of regret it :/

Oh well~

The important thing is that baby coming into my hands :D

Even GAF makes me feel antsy. :(

Yeah - it sucked over the past weekend when people were throwing Avengers spoilers around. This is so much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom