• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy balls. The installer is actually running right now! I'm going to play Diablo III for reals in like, 7 hours.

Wait... What am I going to do for 7 freaking hours?!?

remz

Does anyone know when Australians can play?

5PM today i think. I'm totally playing after uni.

Does anyone else thing these staggered worldwide releases are super stupid? like I could go out and buy a copy of this game today in a store but I wouldn't be able to touch it until 5pm. Lame.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Seriously? That carried over from the beta?

Also, what GPU are you running?

dual 560 ti's but no matter what on earth I do or try I still have that little microstutter.

1 card, 2 cards, triplebuff on, triplebuff off, low sound channels, different drivers, etc etc etc. Again, not surprised at the least.

dual 560 ti's but no matter what on earth I do or try I still have that little microstutter.

1 card, 2 cards, triplebuff on, triplebuff off, low sound channels, different drivers, etc etc etc. Again, not surprised at the least.

This is awful news. I almost prefer smooth d2 graphics over microstutter d3 graphics...almost.

Ketch

So I bought the digital version and now it says there's no game keys attached to my account. I checked battle.net, but can't find where the key is listed.... any help?

Rokk

Neo Member
Got ya. It gave me an option so I tried it and it just says it can't find a D3 key registered or something like that. Wasn't sure if the servers were down or if it was blocked.

Haha yeah, I thought maybe I had found some magical loophole that would allow me to play now as well :(

Poop.

I'm running a single 560ti 448 - hopefully things aren't as bad as in the beta.

Durante

Ugh. I expected as much, but I still hoped for a fix. It's just sad how the game can look like this and still have technical issues.

oneils

He's charismatic and funny to listen to, but his success as a streamer allows him to be stupid almost like a character for the sake of making his viewers laugh. He gets carried through hard games and content by watching chat and having them explain even simply mechanics to him. It's entertaining in its own way, but frustrating as well.

I can see it getting old pretty fast. Watching him trying to raid would probably be excruciating.

zlatko

Banned
Well tits and dicks. I guess I won't stay up tonight to try and play in 7 hours.

Due to Blizzard genius pre install of making it hang(for 20 minutes for me) on being 100% complete when I installed it, and that apparently made it corrupt when I thought, "oh it's done just can't close itself out," so I closed it out that day.

Now I get to enjoy downloading 8+ GBs again at like 200kb/sec MAX, because the internet here is a fucking sin and a joke against man kind.

Comcast. May a real Diablo spawn under your H.Q and kill every one of you rat bastards for charging people for this dog shit you call internet and running fucking monopolies in areas of the USA.

May 17 long big black dicks rape the guy in charge of that company for being a smug and worthless cunt.

/rage

Pimpbaa

Why is there no option for triple buffering in the options menu? Clearly blizzard knows it's important since they put it in WoW.

Level 7, I have to go to bed before I carry on playing.

Efebayor#1244 [based in the UK] if you're wanting to play with someone.

Edit: Also I got an achievement for being in the beta, what is the supposed reward I've received?

oneils

Well tits and dicks. I guess I won't stay up tonight to try and play in 7 hours.

Due to Blizzard genius pre install of making it hang(for 20 minutes for me) on being 100% complete when I installed it, and that apparently made it corrupt when I thought, "oh it's done just can't close itself out," so I closed it out that day.

Now I get to enjoy downloading 8+ GBs again at like 200kb/sec MAX, because the internet here is a fucking sin and a joke against man kind.

Comcast. May a real Diablo spawn under your H.Q and kill every one of you rat bastards for charging people for this dog shit you call internet and running fucking monopolies in areas of the USA.

May 17 long big black dicks rape the guy in charge of that company for being a smug and worthless cunt.

/rage

That was a pretty undercore rant. Cheers.

Seriously, though. Good luck. Hope it all works out.

/rage
My girlfriend works for Comcast. We get 30d/10u internet + cable with every single premium channel for $20 a month. :3

Sothpaw

Towelliee is one of the most incompetent gamers I've ever had the misfortune of watching. I have immense respect for the community he's managed to parley solely around his ability to be a pretty chill guy who also plays WoW all day, but good lord is he fucking HORRIBLE at gaming. Watching him play a new game like Diablo 3 is a fucking insult to the game.

I watched him play DOTA 2 once...yea he's pretty clueless.

scy

Watching streams makes me want to find a US guest pass and start playing at 2 AM. Well, trying to play. :|

I can make it through work tomorrow! I know I can do it!

/rage

Happened to me. Feels bad bro.

Thrakier

Why is there no option for triple buffering in the options menu? Clearly blizzard knows it's important since they put it in WoW.

I guess the normal vsync is trible buffering. Anyway it doesn't change much. The stutter imo is related to server lag, load, whatever. It's inconsistent and not related to what happens on the screen. It's very smooth most of the time with little hichups. I checked my framerate unlockoed and it's always way beyond 60 so that isn't the reason.

You kinda wonder why it's so hard to get this thing running smooth till the engine is...well...kinda dated.

Correct, it is not the same Barbarian.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Barbarian_(Diablo_III)

"The Barbarian is the first of five confirmed classes in Diablo III. It appears to play similar to the previous Diablo II Barbarian, with a few skills from that game carried over to Diablo III.

It is confirmed that the male Barbarian is not the same Barbarian featured in Diablo II. The Barbarian is depicted as an aging old man with a white beard and graying locks, though possessing a trademark muscular structure typical of the Barbarian. "

:(

damn, i thought the entire reason he was an old character with scars all over his body was because its supposed to be the same guy.

disappointed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom