• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaaz

Nvidia GPU users: What drivers are you guys running for retail? The 296.10 WHQL or the 301.24 Beta Drivers (assuming you don't have a 600 series card)?

Also, does D3 support dual-GPU cards like the GTX 590?

RPGCrazied

My day keeps getting worse and worse. First my CE got cancelled, now all the stores say sold out, now eBay is over $200.

Seriously if someone gets an extra one, I can offer $125 for it. I know there is a buy/sell/trade there and I'm doing there too. More eyes the better, and I'll only post this once.

But thanks.

iRd6DEWYSe3ue.jpg

I keep getting this, what do I do to remedy it?

I pay about $70 for 50 Mbps with some garbage amount of upload. I suppose I can't complain too much at least on the down speed, I guess.

It is completely based on what kind of service area you are in, and most of the time any issues are caused by things in the house such as bad lines, bad fittings, bad jumpers, a bad splitter, or not enough signal due to splitters. My suggestion to anyone having issues is to continue bugging them until it gets fixed.

Fixed1979

So Walmart just cancelled my CE pre-order...

That is also 2 cancellations for me this month, and the first pre-order I had was made over a year ago. I must contain my rage!

So now that we are in the final hours (NA, but i decided to wait for the DVDs), I ask. Should I install this in my laptop to have the option to play on the go. Or should I install it in my desktop and play it on a bigger screen?
or
Can I install this in various machines?

So now that we are in the final hours (NA, but i decided to wait for the DVDs), I ask. Should I install this in my laptop to have the option to play on the go. Or should I install it in my desktop and play it on a bigger screen?
or

Typically with Battle.net games you can install them on as many machines as you want but your account can only be in use on one machine at a time

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
For those with microstuttering issues try running the game in fullscreen windowed mode. It didn't remove it all but instead of say several stutters per second I'm down to maybe 1 per second. Yaaay.

Ketch

or

Unlimited installs, but can only login to your account on one machine at a time. Also, you need internet to log in so if you don't have wireless when you're "on the go" then you can't play.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I keep getting this, what do I do to remedy it?

Same thing happened to me. Check the download directory and you should see the Tome3 mpqe, empty, and the tome3.mpqe.part, ~4 gigs. The downloader didn't transfer the data right. I deleted the tome3.mpqe and the tome3.mpqe.part, ran the downloader and downloaded them again. The key to making this work is letting the downloader sit at 7.6/7.6 for as long as it takes for the downloader to close on its own, do NOT cancel/exit it manually as this causes the problem.

EDIT: If tome3.mpqe isn't there at all, indicated by the disc ejected error, try running the downloader again and letting it close on it's own, it may fix it without re-dling tome3.

DeSo

Banned
For those with microstuttering issues try running the game in fullscreen windowed mode. It didn't remove it all but instead of say several stutters per second I'm down to maybe 1 per second. Yaaay.
Thanks for the advice, I got that stuttering in the beta, betting I'll get it come full game time.

Same thing happened to me. Check the download directory and you should see the Tome3 mpqe, empty, and the tome3.mpqe.part, ~4 gigs. The downloader didn't transfer the data right. I deleted the tome3.mpqe and the tome3.mpqe.part, ran the downloader and downloaded them again. The key to making this work is letting the downloader sit at 7.6/7.6 for as long as it takes for the downloader to close on its own, do NOT cancel/exit it manually as this causes the problem.

Thanks I will give it a go.

Yeah, walmart just got the blacklist from me, well at least preordering things.
I love that all they had to say was that they would email me a $10 ecard for their online store at a later date...

lol people not buying digital version, welcome to 2000+
I also bought a digital version to play at launch, and because Walmart pushed my shipping date back to next week at first. I guess at least I will still get to play the game then...

Nvidia GPU users: What drivers are you guys running for retail? The 296.10 WHQL or the 301.24 Beta Drivers (assuming you don't have a 600 series card)?

Also, does D3 support dual-GPU cards like the GTX 590?

Currently using the 301.24 beta with my GTX680 and no issues at least on the beta. I know there were reported issues in the beta with GTX590 users after patch 16, not sure if that was corrected or not. Though the 590 is listed as a supported card so I imagine they ironed out the issues;

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/D3supportedvideo

that sounds infuriating. I didn't personally have any problems like that on the beta with my shitty core duo/gtx 460 combo. Maybe you should downgrade ;)

So I have my CE sitting in the backroom of Gamestop, but I got a buddy who didn't pre-order. Is the CE gonna hit shelves at all, or is this one of those real limited editions this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom