• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

pxleyes

Banned
My Amazon order has not shipped yet. Should I be nervous?

...Should I call and get them to open it and read off the code to me just in case?!
It helped quell my fears. They are very nice on the phone or in chat, and you will get a definitive answer. They follow up as well.

smr00

Banned
So it goes live 3am EST US right? if so i think i will just hit the sack in an hour or 2 and start playing early in the morning.

Same thing happened to me. Check the download directory and you should see the Tome3 mpqe, empty, and the tome3.mpqe.part, ~4 gigs. The downloader didn't transfer the data right. I deleted the tome3.mpqe and the tome3.mpqe.part, ran the downloader and downloaded them again. The key to making this work is letting the downloader sit at 7.6/7.6 for as long as it takes for the downloader to close on its own, do NOT cancel/exit it manually as this causes the problem.

EDIT: If tome3.mpqe isn't there at all, indicated by the disc ejected error, try running the downloader again and letting it close on it's own, it may fix it without re-dling tome3.

Thanks, I tried at first just renaming the .part to just the mpqe, but that didn't work. Downloading again.

So it goes live 3am EST US right? if so i think i will just hit the sack in an hour or 2 and start playing early in the morning.

This is my hope. Being in Aus, we use the US servers but it unlocks at a very nice 5pm, right after work. All you US guys should just get some needed sleep, and when you wake up all the Oceanic people will have gone to bed, you have my word.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
IS the game releasing today or tomorrow? Got it installed and saw that wonderful message "Battlenet down for maintenance" ... hope its just because its not officially released yet...

scy

That's why there is limited quantity though everywhere. People buying 20 copies at once, and it hurts the person that just wants one copy.

Like I said, there's money in it so people do it. Unfortunately :( A damn shame, really.

My copy finally shipped, now all that's left is to wait..

Hope I don't have any issues..

Hope you at least feel less shitty when it comes to playing all day.

Yeah I feel satisfied know that I will be playing tomorrow. Got some work to do to get ready.

I had some vacation days so I took off the end of the week hah. I'll let the servers stabilize and stuff before I go ahead and have no life and play all day :x

Valnen

gloriousnvymx.png
My taskbar is COMPLETE! :D

RPGCrazied

Like I said, there's money in it so people do it. Unfortunately :( A damn shame, really.

Hope you at least feel less shitty when it comes to playing all day.

I had some vacation days so I took off the end of the week hah. I'll let the servers stabilize and stuff before I go ahead and have no life and play all day :x

Yeah. If I can't get it from a Gaffer, I'm SOL I guess. I have a few bites, but not expecting anything.

oneils

For those with micro stuttering, make sure you have downloaded the whole game. I got bad stuttering in the beta when using the quick play option.

If that is not the problem, my condolences.

So I have my CE sitting in the backroom of Gamestop, but I got a buddy who didn't pre-order. Is the CE gonna hit shelves at all, or is this one of those real limited editions this time?

I doubt it's limited. I'm still seeing a crap-ton of CE star craft II's and WoW CE's at various locations.

Tess3ract

Banned
lol @ thinking everyone has unlimited bandwidth and blazing speeds.

I have comcast, i have a 250gb cap that i share with a roomate and boyfriend not to mention i prefer physical copies.
I have comcast too. Business has no cap because we keep going over 250 a month. Worth it.

Megasoum

Banned

Thanks for the link but ugh...

1-Shitty music (oh great... Disturbed lol)
2-The guy has died 3 times now and he's just passed the SK, wtf?
3-His follower icon is blinking....click on it! Come on...
4-Why is he keeping a ton of blue items in his inventory? D/E that stuff! Same with the CE Dye/Wings, stash them if you are not gonna use them right away....

Anyway, I'm OCD and I really need to play the game so I'm a bit on edge right now lol...

smr00

Banned
I have comcast too. Business cap because we keep going over 250 a month. Worth it.
Business here is almost $200.

No thanks, besides i am moving in a few months into a new house with my boyfriend and it has Fios and i refuse to give shitty comcast any more money then i have to.

Won

I guess taking down the Skeleton King is enough for the night. He even gave me a nice unique bow for my Hunter. How nice of him.

Alright I'm going to bed... Planning to wake up at 2:30. Got everything ready and it's probably just going to be my brother and I unless some of my other friends are playing.

smr00

Banned
You do know that 250gb cap means shit right?
Seeing as i know 2 people who got booted off comcast because they kept going over and the fact i got a one time warning for going 20gb over yes it does mean shit.

The people out here watch your shit, yours might not and if they aren't then they aren't doing their job.

I am scared shitless this won't run on my laptop.. I have the same video card that other guy does that said he got 5fps....( hd 4250 )

However I have seen stuff online that people played on low witthout issue in the beta...

Chris R

I am scared shitless this won't run on my laptop.. I have the same video card that other guy does that said he got 5fps....

However I have seen stuff online that people played on low witthout issue in the beta...

I have an integrated GPU and it ran on mine. Granted, that was the beta, but I don't think things have gotten that much worse.

LowParry

Seeing as i know 2 people who got booted off comcast because they kept going over and the fact i got a one time warning for going 20gb over yes it does mean shit.

The people out here watch your shit, yours might not and if they aren't then they aren't doing their job.

I'm hitting 300 every month. They don't care. :D

smr00

Banned
I am scared shitless this won't run on my laptop.. I have the same video card that other guy does that said he got 5fps....

What card?

I am running a shitty core 2 duo and 9600m GT and i get a constant 30-40fps (20fps if the screen is full of enemies and multiple people are attacking) on lowest settings

I am scared shitless this won't run on my laptop.. I have the same video card that other guy does that said he got 5fps....( hd 4250 )

It ran "ok" for me (some fps issues but quite playable) on low with vsync on in the open beta. I ran it on my laptop with a midrange mobile video card from 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom