• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'll probably start up on this Friday evening; sort of interested in experiencing for the first time in a party of 2 or 3 non-obnoxious people? Don't have real life friends that care enough. If you're on the same page maybe send me a PM. NOT interested in someone who's already put 1000 hours into it dragging me by my teeth through the first act, to be clear.

Gotchaye

Yep.

I dont think artisan is awful generally, that for the same resources You spent on it now, You can how much better equipment from AH.

BTW stash is a joke ;\

I assume what's going on here is that people know that gold is going to be more plentiful later in the game, so if you're going to offer low-level items for gold that you intend to use to get farther in the game you need to sell them fast. Maybe you could sell some magic dagger for 10k instead of 5k, but if it takes 5 more hours for that sale to go through then it might not be worth it.

Personally, I'm just not that interested in buying AH items, and for my first run through on each character I won't even be using items that my other characters find. But yeah, if your goal is to get to the end of Hell really fast and you're starting after the big crowd did, you'll be able to score some bargains.

Ashodin

lansetup.JPG

Got all the computers ready for midnight fun with the friends! As long as diablo 3 servers go well for north america >.>

She is GLORIOUS

Magnus

For the uninitiated...how does the co-op campaign work if you and your buddies aren't always playing together?

I'd love to be able to play with many of my wow-friends and RL friends, but we're all going to be progressing at different rates.

Does it work exactly the way co-op campaigns do for shooters? I found that easier to stomach since the game length would only be 8-10 hours or something, and we could finish it in 2 or 3 sittings. I imagine a game like Diablo is piles longer.

RS4-

For the uninitiated...how does the co-op campaign work if you and your buddies aren't always playing together?

I'd love to be able to play with many of my wow-friends and RL friends, but we're all going to be progressing at different rates.

Does it work exactly the way co-op campaigns do for shooters? I found that easier to stomach since the game length would only be 8-10 hours or something, and we could finish it in 2 or 3 sittings. I imagine a game like Diablo is piles longer.

I believe the missions are based on who is host?

hmm...I may have missed something

I wanted to install this on my mechanical drive and not my SSD. I put the installer on the mechanical but when I installed just now it automatically installed on the SSD. I didn't even see an option to switch :(

RetroMG

Just got home from work. Trying to install. Cannot connect to patch server.

D:

EDIT: The advice on Blizzard's help page actually worked. By disabling the startup procedures I was able to start the install. GG Blizz.

Gotchaye

You're basically going to be in for some nasty coordination problems. Monster levels are independent of character level; they're based on area and difficulty. So people will just be different levels, and some people's characters will be much stronger than others', and if that difference gets too great I think the low-level characters even take an XP penalty.

My group of friends is basically going to be maintaining one party for each possible combination of people playing.

oneils

Hahaha wow. I didn't mean for you to look at it sorry! :p

Anyways, you don't have to sleep, its launch day, man! (Sorta)

Lol. It was pretty creepy. Sorry my avatar reminds you of it. But I am kind of attached to it now.

Gonna catch some sleep and maybe try to play at 4am, 1 hour after launch here.

Magnus

You're basically going to be in for some nasty coordination problems. Monster levels are independent of character level; they're based on area and difficulty. So people will just be different levels, and some people's characters will be much stronger than others', and if that difference gets too great I think the low-level characters even take an XP penalty.

My group of friends is basically going to be maintaining one party for each possible combination of people playing.

That sounds fucking awful. But I guess there's no way around it.

Guess I'm soloing the game once first, lol. I hate having a fractured experience and trying to balance multiple characters/storylines while playing an RPG the first time.

You have to stay relatively close together--if there's too great a level disparity, you're not going to earn any experience.

Apparently the game has already been completed in Korea, which is insane.. that said, I suspect 20 hours is probably the high end of an average first run-through on Normal. We'll see though, I guess.

BlackJace

Lol. It was pretty creepy. Sorry my avatar reminds you of it. But I am kind of attached to it now.

Gonna catch some sleep and maybe try to play at 4am, 1 hour after launch here.

Nah nah, I'm not asking you to change it or anything lol.

Good luck and happy er- Diablo-ing!

Magnus

You have to stay relatively close together--if there's too great a level disparity, you're not going to earn any experience.

Yeah. There's no way my playtime is going to match my poopsocker friends, and I'll be playing more than any of my casual friends...no one's in the middle ground with me. Haha. Alas.

Can the game still be piles of fun solo?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Can the game still be piles of fun solo?

Just join random games. These titles have always kind of sucked alone. Or better to say, are infinitely more times enjoyable when in a party. There are going be hundreds of thousands of players and most aren't going to be playing with friends.

cametall

Oh no! Oh NO!!

Sinus infection develops the day before release :( ... My copy of D3 may just sit on my desk for a week before I have the ability to play it -_-

jaaz

What the hell is this foreground/background max fps setting thingy? Where do I set this crap (have a high-end rig)? I swear, I think developers invent new video settings just to mess with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom