• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

En-ou

I AM READY FOR THE END OF DAYS!

d32photo.jpg

d3photo.jpg

What is this 3:00 talk? I thought it would be playable at midnight in each time zone?
so naive

Chittagong

Gold Member
Lol, Error 33 is having Americas server in your settings. After about three hundred refreshes I remembered Beta was that server only swapped it, boom.

Hinomura

Finally played a couple hours! :)

Since my magic find is so low that's funny, I've yet to beat the
Skeleton King
. And since it's almost 4am and tomorrow morning I've to work, I'm going to sleep :)

Oh, and the collector for my half has been dispatched, yay! :)

Never played a Diablo game before. But based on the insane hype it is getting here on GAF, I will be purchasing Diablo 3 and see what all the fuss is about. Barbarian looks badass, but I think I will be going with a Witch Doctor, they just sound and look so cool. Can't wait!

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Never played a Diablo game before. But based on the insane hype it is getting here on GAF, I will be purchasing Diablo 3 and see what all the fuss is about. Barbarian looks badass, but I think I will be going with a Witch Doctor, they just sound and look so cool. Can't wait!

ahhh thats how i felt with the necro in d2... then I learned that I hate summons/pets and poison. >_<

Number45

throw that shit on the auction house for 20$. I guarantee some one will buy it rather than wait.
Haha! xD

Still not sure if I'll even bother. I'm relatively new to the series so I'll take any advantage I can get at the moment.

Also, it's incredibly easy to skip the class intro. I'd skipped it before I even realised it had started, but you can view everything again from the cinematics section after you logout.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Finally played a couple hours! :)

Since my magic find is so low that's funny, I've yet to beat the
Skeleton King
. And since it's almost 4am and tomorrow morning I've to work, I'm going to sleep :)

If you've gotten to the Skeleton King, barring a teeny bit of farming, you should be able to craft some decent gear for the Skeleton King. That is, unless they rebalanced it since the beta, which is doubtful.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Is there some sort of fucking magic trick I need to do to make this game install? I downloaded it all the other day. Running the set up file gets stuck on "checking for updates" and then just fails to connect. Never had trouble downloading anything else. In fact I just downloaded the game itself and I updated WOW the other day too.

There's nothing on this computer. No anti virus, firewall disabled. Nothing. It's just here for D3...

I even followed all their guidelines about updating the OS and disabling everything in start up.

Ugh.

Fularu

Banned
Game is installed, now the wait :(

Didn't get the ATi error though and I'm on 12.4.

Edit : Should I stay at home tomorow and wait for UPS to deliver my CE and play... mhhh decisions, decisions...

Hinomura

If you've gotten to the Skeleton King, barring a teeny bit of farming, you should be able to craft some decent gear for the Skeleton King. That is, unless they rebalanced it since the beta, which is doubtful.

Yep, it seemed identical to the last beta to me. I've been just pretty unlucky with drops... I've just
updated the Smith
and found
the mushroom

En-ou

Yep 3am for EST. Gotta get up for work at 6, but I'm debating whether or not to say fack it and stay up :lol

why would you even go to work? it's the end of days. if you dont stay and defeat azgalamodan there will be no work to go to. some of you make no sense i tell you!

Punisher

Neo Member
It's a shame I can't edit the controls yet, I guess this is the same for everyone right?

Everyone waiting for the US release at least.

Man

Pretty cool. Running around Tristram. EU Server (but playing from Australia).

Game gave me a warning when starting up that my Intel graphics driver may be out of date.
My laptop (ASUS U36S) has a discrete Nvidia Geforce GT520M 1GB so I would hope it's actually using that piece of hardware. Easiest way to check (when running the game) ?

PS! There's not a difference between online and offline characters in D3 I hope (like in D2) ?

that you can hide them wasn't my point
they are just a line of icons that you have to look at to find the right one, too many and too long of a line can make it annoying to find the one you're searching for.
There must be a better more intuitive way to do it

Boy do I have multiple solutions for you!

And of course, when all else fails...

Thank a everyone, you've been a great crowd! Be sure to tip your waitress!

=P

Is there some sort of fucking magic trick I need to do to make this game install? I downloaded it all the other day. Running the set up file gets stuck on "checking for updates" and then just fails to connect. Never had trouble downloading anything else. In fact I just downloaded the game itself and I updated WOW the other day too.

There's nothing on this computer. No anti virus, firewall disabled. Nothing. It's just here for D3...

I even followed all their guidelines about updating the OS and disabling everything in start up.

Ugh.
I'm installing right now, I just double clicked the setup file and it's installing 0_o

Maybe check their support forum?

Djin1979

I think that the SK hits harder than in the beta, had to take one health potion :p

ho and by the way, there is no IP check, i m in Canada and i m playing on the EU servers, the lag is no bad at all.

I love this game :p

Kalnos

Banned

Ugh.

If you played the beta go to this file path: C:\ProgramData\ and delete the folder called "Battle.net".

It's a hidden folder FYI. You can either show hidden folders or paste that filepath into explorer.

I think that the SK hits harder than in the beta, had to take one health potion :p

ho and by the way, there is no IP check, i m in Canada and i m playing on the EU servers, the lag is no bad at all.

I love this game :p

Bashiok said Global Play was disabled! Do you have an EU account?

Eurogaf:

how does the aesthetic artifact wings that come with the CE work?

Are they always on?
Activated with a cooldown?

You click them on, and they stay until you click them off. It's an item in your bag.

Circle T

Anyone running this on a Late '11 MacBook Air? If I've got a 11" Air (1.8 i7, 4GB) that will run Starcraft II on low-med settings, how well should I expect this will run? I installed, and it defaulted to Med and High settings, but I'm guessing that's a bit optimistic.

And, as someone else asked earlier, should I even mess with those Foreground and Background frame limits?

Sorry for the total noob questions, but I've got big nostalgia from college with Diablo, and I can't wait to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom