• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is up with this? I don't know why it's downloading so poorly, and that's an understatement. It's uploading faster than it's downloading. I got about 182 hours left right now on the downloader and it's pissing me off.

Help please.

Turn off the bittorrent downloading.

Blizzard's downloader likes to eat all your upload bandwidth if you do the default bittorrent downloading, hence destroying your download speeds.

Also if you're with stalin ISP, they'll throttle your bittorrent traffic.

kyubajin

Alright, managed to beat the SK with my WD main only to face the sad truth that I need to upgrade my license... Will do when the bloody CE arrives on Friday.

JimmyBoy

Probably not as reviewers wouldnt be able to play until tomorrow/tonight just like us. You will have to wait a while I assume
Wow. That's pretty rare these days for AAA games, I think. alright then, us workers will hit f5 and Bitch about work. I'm too scared of spoilers to watch any streams.

Keyouta

Turn off bittorrent mode and you'll download from their servers instead.

Nope. It's showing about "44359 hours remaining."

d7qUY.jpg

I think I may just torrent it...

so i get home from work and now the launcher won't let me in to the game menu!!! i can't watch the cinematic or anything... updating tools stuck at 0 percent... or updating blizzard launcher stuck... or initializing launcher... stuck!!!

i'm totally panicing right now

just went out to kill 2 hours by seeing a movie

I saw dark shadows.. it's awesome

to top it off... I was given a MASSIVE wall poster of 'Prometheus' while I was there :)

Kalnos

Banned
I only work till 2-3ish for the next two days. My bosses are on vacation next week and then I get off paid for Memorial Day. Everything is aligning just fine for me.

Zertez

unfortunately its PST, so us Eastcoasters are basically the last/latest to go live at 3am local time. I might try to wake up early, like 5 or 6am to get an hour or two in before I have to start the day.
No time zone goes last, it goes live at 12am PST, 1am MST, 2am CST, 3am EST etc.

Blizzard hates the East Cost confirmed
Considering they are a west coast company it makes sense for them to go live exactly the minute it turns May 15 local time.

Anyone else miss those huge ass PC game boxes? Fuck I loved those days, and you would get awesome foldout art and crazy good manuals that aren't useless.

Me too, they were boxes worth keeping. Sadly, this isn't one of them; game doesn't even come in a jewel case :lol

The manual is quite nice, however

The Witcher EE and 2 had amazing boxes for standard releases.

I was wikipediaing blizzard to pass the time, and they got bought for almost 19 BILLION dollhairs! I mean they do make, what, maybe about 2billion a year just off subs for wow. They have to be the most money -> product ratio in the business. Starcraft, warcraft, diablo, lost vikings!

injurai

Banned
I don't understand why this is happening. Digital downloads should not be affected by timezones.

Might just have something to do with rolling out the servers. Blizzard has so many people that can be involved in handling those servers.

I was wikipediaing blizzard to pass the time, and they got bought for almost 19 BILLION dollhairs! I mean they do make, what, maybe about 2billion a year just off subs for wow. They have to be the most money -> product ratio in the business. Starcraft, warcraft, diablo, lost vikings!

I know Valve has a higher revanue per employee than Apple, and that is really saying something. Their ratio might be even higher than blizzards, but i'm not sure.

So I'm a canuck, and trying to log on to the other servers aside from the americas is telling me that there's no diablo 3 license attached to my account, while trying to log into the americas just tells me the servers are down for now. This normal?

So I'm a canuck, and trying to log on to the other servers aside from the americas is telling me that there's no diablo 3 license attached to my account, while trying to log into the americas just tells me the servers are down for now. This normal?
yep...3am eastern 12am pacific for us, region is locked to your battle net account.

To those of you who are student and have finals in the next few days, I have the following to say to you: forget about Diablo 3, and go focus on your studies. You have a lifetime to play the game, but only a few days to determine your future. Trust me, it's not fun to fail a fucking test because of a video game, especially if you go to an expensive school, and/or are taking loans to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom