• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i get home from work and now the launcher won't let me in to the game menu!!! i can't watch the cinematic or anything... updating tools stuck at 0 percent... or updating blizzard launcher stuck... or initializing launcher... stuck!!!

i'm totally panicing right now

bump... Please someone Help Me!

Is anyone else having this problem??? I apologize if already known issues?

To those of you who are student and have finals in the next few days, I have the following to say to you: forget about Diablo 3, and go focus on your studies. You have a lifetime to play the game, but only a few days to determine your future. Trust me, it's not fun to fail a fucking test because of a video game, especially if you go to an expensive school, and/or are taking loans to pay for it.

but I waited 12 years for this...

I am already done for the year

JimmyBoy

Now...to convince the wife I need to be left alone all weekend...with the exception of being brought food. I will need all of my skills for this task. And by skills I mean money so she can go shopping.

Sysgen

Now...to convince the wife I need to be left alone all weekend...with the exception of being brought food. I will need all of my skills for this task. And by skills I mean money so she can go shopping.

South-Park-Basement-Make-Love-Not-Warcraft.png

Well, I feel bad for East coasters. You guys are going to wait until 4 AM to actually login without issues.

Anyone who's actually doing that is kind of nuts honestly. Just go to bed at your usual time, wake up and Diablo away, or when you get home from work or school or whatever. This'll be a game many of us look back on in the future as "that game we spent too much time on."

bengraven

So...it unlocks at midnight in other countries, other time zones, but America has to wait until it's midnight on the west coast?

Booooolshiiiit.

Well, I feel bad for East coasters. You guys are going to wait until 4 AM to actually login without issues.

It just keeps me from playing tonight and going into work exhausted tomorrow morning. It's really for the best. I'll play when I get home tomorrow evening. Work will suck enough with sleep.

HBroward

Wow, just got my shipping confirmation on my CE from Amazon, at 10:34 eastern. Really thought I would be that one guy with an Amazon horror story for a bit there. But they have redeemed my faith as always.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Anyone who's actually doing that is kind of nuts honestly. Just go to bed at your usual time, wake up and Diablo away, or when you get home from work or school or whatever. This'll be a game many of us look back on in the future as "that game we spent too much time on."

Yup. My plan (even as a west coast-er) is pretty much to get home, install the game, and go to sleep. I imagine things will be a fair bit more stable when I wake up in the morning.

Alex

I wish theyd just open the servers when its ready for everyone, but I'm sure there's some extremely creepy sect of meganerd that will whine about world firsts or whatever other stupid shit fuels their sad lives.

Not going to try playing at midnight. Will cya all at 6 am tomorrow.

Have nightmares of staying up till 1 am only to not be able to log on for 4/5 hours.

squidyj

OMFG I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE SOMEONE INJECT THIS INTO MY VEINS PLEASE.

I can't do that. I can, however, inject it into your butt.

I wish theyd just open the servers when its ready for everyone, but I'm sure there's some extremely creepy sect of meganerd that will whine about world firsts or whatever other stupid shit fuels their sad lives.

and your rage over what? a couple of hours of playtime is somehow superior?

Oh hey. Guess what just started playing

Smashing Pumpkins - Today

Hey guys. How big is the patch for this game? My internet isn't super fast so if I buy the game tonight, will I be able to play relatively right away?

scy

Who likes the look of the CE wings? Saw them in motion for the first time and they look kinda bad.

I'm going to hold off on decision for when I see them when in full late game armor sets. That and see how it looks as a Monk doing things.

Thoraxes

http://kotaku.com/5910302/blizzard-shouts-unlucky-diablo-iii-fans-a-free-copy-of-diablo-iii

We're aware that some Australian GAME customers have been left out in the cold on what should be the hottest night of the year — the launch of Diablo III. To help with this situation and get these players into the game as soon as possible, we've put the following process in place.

Australian GAME customers with a valid preorder/prepurchase receipt dated before May 15, 2012 can do the following:
1. Purchase the digital version of Diablo III from http://www.diablo3.com now or anytime before May 21, 2012.

2. Download and start playing when the servers go live!

3. Submit your GAME Australia preorder/prepurchase receipt to us before June 30, 2012.

4. Receive a credit from Blizzard, for the amount you paid in advance to GAME Australia for Diablo III. This credit will be applied to the payment method used for the digital purchase.

We'll post further details here on how to submit your GAME Australia receipt to our customer service team as soon as possible. Stay tuned, and we look forward to seeing you in the Burning Hells!

To those of you who are student and have finals in the next few days, I have the following to say to you: forget about Diablo 3, and go focus on your studies. You have a lifetime to play the game, but only a few days to determine your future. Trust me, it's not fun to fail a fucking test because of a video game, especially if you go to an expensive school, and/or are taking loans to pay for it.

Yep. Managed to ace my early final today, and I'm in good shape for the one I have next week. I just need to finish all of the other miscellaneous work between now and then.

lol, no offense taken. I that it was funny and fit a stereotype that surrounds mac users.

And np, you might want to turn off shadows though.

"stereotype that surrounds mac users."

smh...

you are such a fool. and how about the stereotype that surrounds those that have glowing cases with 15 fans? some of us operate in the real world.

yeah I really envy those that have this in their apartments...

122.jpg

i'll stick with my mac thanks. Diablo 3 beta ran with max setting with a silky smooth frame rate. no complaints

Undubbed

Just purchased digital version and downloading now.

Never played a Diablo game, but so many people praised Diablo 2 and are treating Diablo 3 as the 3rd coming of Diablo Christ and the game does look very good that I decided to buy it.

Always wanted to play Diablo 2, though. Not too sure why I never had but now I can play a Diablo game for the first time.

squidyj

"stereotype that surrounds mac users."

smh...

you are such a fool. and how about the stereotype that surrounds those that have glowing cases with 15 fans? some of us operate in the real world.

yeah I really envy those that have this in their apartments...

122.jpg

i'll stick with my mac thanks. Diablo 3 beta ran with max setting with a silky smooth frame rate. no complaints

Seems like somebody might have struck a nerve with the mac user?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom