• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Seriously, but I think it has to do with maintaining and servicing the servers. They only have some many engineers on staff, and only so many people can be involved in keeping things running smoothly. So they just focus on each region at a time.

why not just allow each timezone to play during their respective time..

it's outrageous that I have to wait to play till 3am when it'd be May 15th for 3 hours..

EDIT: seriously, stop fucking posting spoilers. what the fuck is wrong with you people? I'm glad I haven't seen them but I feel so bad for those who have

you should be fucking banned

every single one of you

it's 3 hours until the game releases and you're spoiling the game for people

chiablo

Do great cutscences -> compress them as hell. Why?!

I wasn't concerned with the compression on the cut scenes... until I saw it. Are they using an ancient Divx codec or something? I'm hoping it's only the introduction cinematic and the rest are fine.

Wilsongt

I can't believe I just bought the digital version of this. D: I told myself I was gonna wait... But, noooooo. Torchlight just primed the pump.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I can't believe I just bought the digital version of this. D: I told myself I was gonna wait... But, noooooo. Torchlight just primed the pump.

I am priming my pump right now just thinking about playing tonight. If you know what I am saying...

Masturbation.

bs000

Tracking information says my CE has been delivered, but it's not here. Probably at someone elses house now. God damnit Canada Post.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Anyone watching the live stream event? I hope there's some good gameplay discussion. It's already started off pretty well.

I wasn't concerned with the compression on the cut scenes... until I saw it. Are they using an ancient Divx codec or something? I'm hoping it's only the introduction cinematic and the rest are fine.

They're on par with some youtube video made by somebody encoding a video for the first time.

Would it have been so terrible if they made us download 8.5 GB instead of 7.5 GB?

Zertez

it's the fucking worst decision Blizzard has ever made. All their games are like this..

Sc2 its midnight here yet I wait until 3am to play..

same with WoW and it's expansions'

it's fucking ridiculous

when it's midnight, I should be able to play.
It isnt midnight, it is the minute of launch day at Blizzard offices in the PST. If they turned it on early for EST, then other people in different time zones would complain and beg for them to turn it on for them. Im just thankful we get midnight releases at all. At least we dont have to wait till 12pm on release day.

So I just got home. Are the servers up for EU and Asia but not up for US until 12am PDT? Such a weird system. Wonder if this fucks over some groups' World's First attempts?

ugh, so all my friends from town are buying D3 and I'm the only one who hasn't decided on getting it or not. I played a ton of D2, but I have so many games to play right now and i'm trying to put some money away...this is not easy GAF.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
ugh, so all my friends from town are buying D3 and I'm the only one who hasn't decided on getting it or not. I played a ton of D2, but I have so many games to play right now and i'm trying to put some money away...this is not easy GAF.

Buy Diablo 3.

Sell your other games.

Kunan

They're on par with some youtube video made by somebody encoding a video for the first time.

Would it have been so terrible if they made us download 8.5 GB instead of 7.5 GB?
Yea this is ridiculous seeing the opening cinematic with such insane artifacts, after seeing the exact same cinematic as a trailer months ago at full res :|

Make it an optional patch to download. Seriously.

Im just thankful we get midnight releases at all. At least we dont have to wait till 12pm on release day.

I would much MUCH prefer daytime release, for one it is so much healthier. Why gamers want 12 midnight and beyond is fucking beyond me.

Was thinking about that earlier.

I'm thinking on selecting the least popular class (which I'm guessing is Witch or Barb). Anyone know of any polls indicating which classes are most popular?

zlatko

Banned
9:30 in 4 minutes. I am going to bed now, and waking up at 3:30AM. I have to get ready for work at 5:30AM.

Seriously... the shit I do.

CANNOT BE MORE HYPED. BONERS AT THEIR MAXIMUM!

scy

So I just got home. Are the servers up for EU and Asia but not up for US until 12am PDT? Such a weird system. Wonder if this fucks over some groups' World's First attempts?

Each region got a midnight launch, basically.

And I'd imagine so since Asia's been up for 15 hours by the time the US is playing.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Thats pretty fucked up about the compressed cinematics. What are they thinking when they do that? I mean these guys slave over amazing CG, you would think they demand everyone get to see pristine quality.

Well at least im getting a blu ray with them.

scy

I'm thinking on selecting the least popular class (which I'm guessing is Witch or Barb). Anyone know of any polls indicating which classes are most popular?

Barb > DH > Monk > Wizard > WD, if I recall?

It's basically a four-way tie with WD bringing up the rear.

9:30 in 4 minutes. I am going to bed now, and waking up at 3:30AM. I have to get ready for work at 5:30AM.

Seriously... the shit I do.

CANNOT BE MORE HYPED. BONERS AT THEIR MAXIMUM!

Haha :x Enjoy your ~two hours?

Don't get why people think its unfair to have to play at the same time as.....everyone else.

Fairest way imo.
Nothing to do with fairness. It's much easier to release the hounds at the same time and server load will be less in the middle of the night. I am not even sure how to only allow people from the east coast into your server farm while not allowing others. Did we ever have to validate what part of the country we are from? They could do some stuff with packet information but who the hell would go through the trouble?

There is probably a super easy way that I am not thinking of lol. I am tired.

Tracking information says my CE has been delivered, but it's not here. Probably at someone elses house now. God damnit Canada Post.

iKSW10DrJSNWJ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom