• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
That compression is a lot worse than I thought. It starts out ok, but then just gets more awful. For a company that prides themselves in cinematics its a shame they were compressed so much.

Can you play Nightmare difficulty from the start? Or do you have to unlock it?

unlock

Fugu

Anyone planning on playing hardcore right out of the gate (or as close to out of the gate as Blizzard will allow)? If so, let me know. I'm playing on the NA servers.

Alex

IF they want to compress, OK, but give an option for those with more space/bandwidth to go for 1080p cinematics without all the damn blocking and fuzz

zlatko

Banned
Barb > DH > Monk > Wizard > WD, if I recall?

It's basically a four-way tie with WD bringing up the rear.

Haha :x Enjoy your ~two hours?

Yeah about two hours IF the servers are up when I wake up. Then 9 hours of straight work, then I can come home and get in another 4 hours.

Fuck the world. I want to be a piece of shit basement dwelling troll again with unlimited gaming hours. ; ;

scy

That compression is a lot worse than I thought. It starts out ok, but then just gets more awful. For a company that prides themselves in cinematics its a shame they were compressed so much.

Obviously a ploy for us glorious CE buyers and our brurei cinematics.

Yeah about two hours IF the servers are up when I wake up. Then 9 hours of straight work, then I can come home and get in another 4 hours.

Fuck the world. I want to be a piece of shit basement dwelling troll again with unlimited gaming hours. ; ;

lol~ I decided to just deal with it and used some vacation time. Haven't taken any time off in like a year anyway.

iKSW10DrJSNWJ.gif

err meant to quote the guy who says his CEs been delivered to teh wrong home

go check nearby homes rather than posting about it...?

:p quick before they find out they received a free diablo tree!

Well my plan to get some ZZ's immediately after work so I can go the distance has failed, just couldn't sleep. Having a great day at work and D3 has me too buzzed.

It's time to do this raw. I have ganj and Point Defiance IPA and Pizza at the ready. Gonna watch Game of Thrones to pass some time.

Don't think I can pull an all-nighter, but I'm going to play the shit out of it tonight.

It's insanity, of course. I should just do my normal thing and play it tomorrow.

But I can't. This is Diablo motherfucking 3.

I've regained mine up until tonight, now it really is approaching insanity especially considering I'm going to have to wade through all the beta content first, making 4 am before I even get to new content.

I'm not gonna make it.

Yeah, I'm going to try and rush through to the SK first. I bet we can get there in 2 hours at the max since we know the lay of the land.

And then we enter the unknown...

Squall516

Hey everyone I have a question. I was going to pick it up at gamestop but then I realized well im not getting the collectors and to save money on tax it would probably be better to just buy it online. So i was wondering if i buy it on amazon since they dont have have a digital download, if they would email me a copy of the key or would i have to wait for the actual game. OR is there an even better place to buy it online? If anyone could give me some info and help me out I would really appreciate it bc im excited and rdy to start playing it when the servers go live :D

Lain

Having so much fun, but taking it slowly. Only made it to level 9 on my Wizard as I'm making my way toward
the Skeleton King
in Act 1.
I don't know if it's just my eyes deceiving me, but the game looks better to me than it did during that stress test.

scy

Hey everyone I have a question. I was going to pick it up at gamestop but then I realized well im not getting the collectors and to save money on tax it would probably be better to just buy it online. So i was wondering if i buy it on amazon since they dont have have a digital download, if they would email me a copy of the key or would i have to wait for the actual game. OR is there an even better place to buy it online? If anyone could give me some info and help me out I would really appreciate it bc im excited and rdy to start playing it when the servers go live :D

Amazon will ship you a retail copy. If you want a digital copy, buy it from Blizzard themselves.

Squall516

Ok thanx thats what I thought. But also is blizzard the only place to get a digital copy. Cause I had the beta, so i have the client and everything installed already I just need a key. So probably the best course of action i figured would be to just buy it digitally right

scy

Ok thanx thats what I thought. But also is blizzard the only place to get a digital copy. Cause I had the beta, so i have the client and everything installed already I just need a key. So probably the best course of action i figured would be to just buy it digitally right

Beta client does not update to the retail client. You'll still need to download the installer and install the retail client.

blitz64

battle.net is the only place to buy a digital copy to play online.
all other places sell physical copies.

The beta client is not compatible with the retail client. You'll need to delete the beta and download the retail version.

Squall516

Ya no your right, i did it already. I dl and installed it earlier ^__^ so im ready i just need a retail key now lol. Also i wanted to ask whats people's opinions on the guide? Do you think it will be helpful at all? Because I thinking about getting that too

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ya no your right, i did it already. I dl and installed it earlier ^__^ so im ready i just need a retail key now lol. Also i wanted to ask whats people's opinions on the guide? Do you think it will be helpful at all? Because I thinking about getting that too

considering the amount of patching that goes on in Blizzard games, it's going to be outdated pretty damn quickly.

Deadstar

Can any hardcore Diablo 1 and 2 fan give some impressions? Is it truly rainbows and unicorns or is this game worthy of the Diablo name? My preorder is coming tomorrow but I'm not pumped yet. Just scared Blizzard might have tweaked the formula too much.

JJD

Shit...I'll be out of town on a business trip without a reliable internet connection for the whole week starting tomorrow.

I really hate not being able to play offline. I have been anticipating D3 for like 9 years... :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom