• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any other closed beta testers have the Starter Edition already showing up in the Battle.net accounts? Does this mean we don't need to redeem a guest pass?

Squall516

So what do people think about the guide? I was thinking about getting it, does anyone think it will be helpful at all to get? or just a waste of money? Was curious what people thought :)

border

May 15 -- still can't play :(

It rather annoys me that they choose to launch the game on California time rather than East Coast time. All these people waiting for midnight launches, and when they get home they won't even be able to play.

From a technological standpoint, wouldn't it make more sense to do rolling launches for each time zone? That way you don't have the entire North American continent trying to log on all at once?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Anyone else saying "fuck a build, we'll do it live"? I don't even know what most of the skills are past 13.

That's how I'm rolling. What makes speccing so much fun for me is the experimentation, and because you can constantly change out skills, it fosters experimentation. I have no need to plan my final build, because I'm not locked into anything.

injurai

Banned
So what do people think about the guide? I was thinking about getting it, does anyone think it will be helpful at all to get? or just a waste of money? Was curious what people thought :)

I say it's a waste, especially with Blizzards great site and the 3-4 great diablo wiki's that are competing against each other.

TylerD

I've been addicted to red bull for a while even though I know they are terrible for you, but I usually only drink like 1 a week at max.... Definitely a terrible idea to sit stationary like you said, I'm almost sweating I'm so anxious, and not necessarily anxious for the game itself, I should have made the last one a rbv.

I'm done.

I like 5 HR Energy for sitting still. Take a sip every 20-25 minutes and make one last a couple of hrs. Red Bull is by far my favorite tasting energy supplement though.

depths20XX

That's how I'm rolling. What makes speccing so much fun for me is the experimentation, and because you can constantly change out skills, it fosters experimentation. I have no need to plan my final build, because I'm not locked into anything.

Exactly. There's really no reason to 'plan' a build like in D2. That's the whole reason you can respec at any time.

Squall516

I say it's a waste, especially with Blizzards great site and the 3-4 great diablo wiki's that are competing against each other.

ya i guess thats true. Just thought it might be helpful if there were any hidden chests or items and stuff like that. But i mean if it will be in wiki's then i guess its a waste then. Cause it's not like you really need it for help with the story/quests or anything lol

scy

Ha I was in mumble with him, and he was saying that he wasn't even mad. Although he sounded completely upset and In denial over the fact that he couldn't get in.

Hah. I should probably get Mumble set up for use when I'm just soloing or whatever. Hm.

Anyone else saying "fuck a build, we'll do it live"? I don't even know what most of the skills are past 13.

I am literally incapable of not trying to number crunch it :|

TylerD

With the ability to respec on the fly, i am probably going to test out every skill and rune I get the level I get them up to 60 then really start to work on a gear load out that compliments my favorite skills.

I am a big fan of being able to experiment so much.

It probably is a waste but having a physical guide with you to look at while playing feels better than alt-tabbing and browsing the web. Maybe it's a good guide, i'd buy it for like 10 bucks max, not 20.

Gav47

Its so easy to try out all the abilities and runes and they're well spaced out so you're best of just spending a little time with each thing you unlock. Besides normal is pretty easy so far so you'll rarely feel under powered.

Duki

Banned
half the fun is figuring out what works on your own, so def ignoring skill trees

and i mean with the skill system there is literally no punishment for moving skills around so no harm

anyone gotten past the skeleton king yet? whats it like :eek:

Island

Well GAF,

After watching Alien (for the first time) to catch up for Prometheus... it is time to go to bed so I can get up at 6AM to play.

Watching this thread since it launched has been one of the most enjoyable things I have done here on GAF, so thanks all!

could I stop at a gamestop right now and pick up the game even if I didn't pre-order? I'd like to own a physical copy for this game. (I know I won't need it afterwards but I already have all Diablo related stuff in discs and It looks nice anyway)I'm in NYC by the way...

Riggs

Banned
Well GAF,

After watching Alien (for the first time) to catch up for Prometheus... it is time to go to bed so I can get up at 6AM to play.

Watching this thread since it launched has been one of the most enjoyable things I have done here on GAF, so thanks all!

Nice have fun tomorrow man!!

purg3

slept with Malkin
The CE is sick, one of the best I've purchased. Then again, Blizzard CE's are always pretty nice. Worth it for the artbook alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom