• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
Oh, when launch comes around, I'll post my edited sharpen filter for the game. I modified it as to not introduce a ton of sharpen artifacts. Just minor color tweaks and IQ tweaks to make the game look a tad bit gloomier, and improve the IQ to counteract the post process AA.

Firemind

I could never beat Durial with a Paladin even with an equipped mercenary by my side..

Never raged so hard at a class before..

I beat him with every other class but not Paladins! Maybe I just sucked at using them..

Holy Freeze is pretty good. Beat Duriel at its own game.

maharg

idspispopd
Holy Freeze is pretty good. Beat Duriel at its own game.

Also, get a whole whack of thawing potions. They temporarily give you max cold resist (and most of Duriel's damage comes in the form of cold damage). And afaik, the time that resist lasts stacks.

Ryan_

I hope they put in Druid again. Shapeshifting and nature-summoning is a niche that's not quite filled by the other classes.

I would love to see this too! The moment I started playing the expansion of D2 and mad emy first druid I was blown away by the new possibilities.

Since Assasins are basically split up in Demon Hunter and Monk, I don't really see what new class they could be going for.

necromancer maybe?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So we've come to a conclusion now that female barb is hot?

Good GAF! :3

oneils

Also, get a whole whack of thawing potions. They temporarily give you max cold resist (and most of Duriel's damage comes in the form of cold damage). And afaik, the time that resist lasts stacks.

edit: my bad, just realised you were talking about D2.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would love to see this too! The moment I started playing the expansion of D2 and mad emy first druid I was blown away by the new possibilities.

Since Assasins are basically split up in Demon Hunter and Monk, I don't really see what new class they could be going for.

necromancer maybe?

Witch Doctor covers Necro more than DH and Monk cover Assassin.

I'm thinking some kind of sword an shield class, like Paladin. Or a spear user

So sexes have any gameplay ramifications beyond the superficial? I was looking at the Witch Doctor or Wizard. Witch Doctor seems like a lot of thinking on your feet. Wizard may be the easier option until I beat the learning curve.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So we've come to a conclusion now that female barb is hot?

Good GAF! :3

I'm a certified chubby chaser...

but, when your better half has the power to fold you into a cube and put you in her wallet shits gone bad.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'd show her the tip of my staff if you know what I mean, but JUST THE TIP.
zlatko, you're a monk! Think of your vows of celibacy!

Yoshichan

Name her Barbro, it's a swedish name.
OMG! This is fucking genius, I'm gonna be rolling with this name so fucking hard XD Absolutely amazing, it fits perfectly!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'll ask again.

Any good (female) wizard hype videos around?

HenryHSH

GAF classes so far. Barbarian back in the lead since OT got posted.

FtUeF.png

Junie12

I still haven't decided on a Monk name, I was thinking of naming him Aang from Avatar because he looks like an Airbender but nah, that's too obvious. I want a more original name but what. Hmm...

I certainly hope you can throw them. Placing them where you stand reeks of consolization. But you can position grasp of the dead for the witch doctor so I don't see why traps wouldn't be the same.

I didn't even think of that, but it's true.

Oh, when launch comes around, I'll post my edited sharpen filter for the game. I modified it as to not introduce a ton of sharpen artifacts. Just minor color tweaks and IQ tweaks to make the game look a tad bit gloomier, and improve the IQ to counteract the post process AA.

Highly interested, playing around with http://darkd3.com/ was what I did with half of my time in the beta.

Yoshichan

Yes, but the Monk is named Outlaw.

I defy conventions.
So you're a rogue monk, huh? HEATHEN! Out of my temple, bald scumbag!

Tess3ract

Banned
Yeah like someone said, I don't give a fuck about the story SPOILERS DIABLO DIES FOR THE THIRD GODDAMN TIME

isn't really a spoiler

I mean sure some people can care about it, but I care about the loot, the story is just something that pops up in the interim.

NG28

I wish you could wear weapons and armor over what you currently have equipped just for looks. Female wiz carrying a 2h sword really looks awesome, but not really viable compared to the wand and globe she should have equipped.

zlatko

Banned
I still haven't decided on a Monk name, I was thinking of naming him Aang from Avatar because he looks like an Airbender but nah, that's too obvious. I want a more original name but what. Hmm...

Take my super villain name. Molestro.

Molestro is a raper of worlds. He comes to the park, to cum in the park.

LowParry

Yeah like someone said, I don't give a fuck about the story SPOILERS DIABLO DIES FOR THE THIRD GODDAMN TIME

isn't really a spoiler

I mean sure some people can care about it, but I care about the loot, the story is just something that pops up in the interim.

How do we even know he does die? ;)

Yoshichan

Ask Yoshichan about his fanfic.
At your service!
Just the thought of walking around as a wizard, engaging demons from angles they never thought would be possible. They're staring right into your bright glowing eyes as they're rapidly moving towards you with their great axes and daggers. SUDDENLY! They can't find you anymore, you've teleported behind them and just as they turn around, they see two indigo-runed arcane orbs heading their way. Only fragments of a second later, you laugh violently as you stand upon hundreds of dead demons.

Bullza2o

I play a lot of SC2 with two of my friends a lot, and we're all getting DIII. One of them is suggesting that we should pool our profits together. Is this possible with PayPal? I really don't want to be indirectly linked to others' bank accounts, nor do I want others to be linked to mine.

HenryHSH

WD and Wiz will be vital classes for Inferno groups.

Need more WD.

I'm rolling WD on my solo run. Zombie Wall and pets are too good to pass up for inferno. Wizard is definitely important for inferno as you said. The ranged AOE stuns and slows are great.

I play a lot of SC2 with two of my friends a lot, and we're all getting DIII. One of them is suggesting that we should pool our profits together. Is this possible with PayPal? I really don't want to be indirectly linked to others' bank accounts, nor do I want others to be linked to mine.

Never, ever, do this. The closer the friend, the worse it gets too.

chiablo

Need more WD.

I'm surprised that there's so little interest in the Witch Doctor, that seems like it would have been one of the more popular classes. I would have thought Barbarian would have been one of the least chosen simply because of how generic and boring it is.

forrest

formerly nacire

Need more WD.

See I was thinking Barbs and Monks with the Shouts and Mantras would be strong contributor. I'll be playing DH myself, but I already have a couple of strong Co-Op builds ready for endgame testing.

Does anyone have any info on Diminishing Returns as they apply to Diablo? I'm curious about stuns and slows for the latter difficulties. Also, mob speed would be good too!

I'm surprised that there's so little interest in the Witch Doctor, that seems like it would have been one of the more popular classes. I would have thought Barbarian would have been one of the least chosen simply because of how generic and boring it is.

Yeah, that's what I thought until I actually played one. Nearly dropped WD. It is incredibly fun to play; there is a visceral satisfaction to Barbarian the other classes lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom