• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fire bats are awesome.
UsVWl.gif

"Need a light?!"

TUSR

Banned
I'm surprised that there's so little interest in the Witch Doctor, that seems like it would have been one of the more popular classes. I would have thought Barbarian would have been one of the least chosen simply because of how generic and boring it is.

Much like WoW, no one wants to tank or heal.

no one wants to support, they all want to do damage.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Much like WoW, no one wants to tank or heal.

no one wants to support, they all want to do damage.
Wait... haha, this is so false. I don't think I've ever met a tank or healer in WoW that wants to dps. In fact, we usually end up bashing the living crap out of the dps-people. EZ-mode.

Wolfie5

Don´t have a name yet, but I am definitely starting with Witch Doctor. Druid/Necromancer were my favorite classes and WD really looks good.

A bit dissapointed with summoning zombie dogs spell, they are just weak. Maybe they get better later on, I don´t know.
Other than that spell, I enjoyed his skills the most during the beta. Favorite skills so far are firebats, leaping spiders and soul harvest. Can´t wait to try the rest :)

Ryan_

Why do people keep talking about the MMO-trinity while this is a hack'n'slash game where you are supposed to dash out as much damage as you can.

TUSR

Banned
Wait there are tanks and healers in diablo 3?
why would shields exist for barbs

correct me if im wrong, but there are no captain america spells to throw shields...

also in D2 you could be a healing paladin for kicks. I met a guy that played with a friend and he would heal as a din and his buddy was a barb.

Ainaurdur

Wait... haha, this is so false. I don't think I've ever met a tank or healer in WoW that wants to dps. In fact, we usually end up bashing the living crap out of the dps-people. EZ-mode.

*high-five*

Though I guess being a Holy Paladin is basically easy mode...

Island

DPS CAN be EZ mode, and there is no doubt that tanking and even healing can be (objectively) harder. But to play a DPS well, to know your skill set, what you can and cant do, the limits of riding aggro etc,etc I feel can be just as hard.

Not trying to turn this into a MMO thread but the EZ mode thing gets to me....

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Lol! No way. Not sure what the stakes would be ;P If we don't make to OT2 I will buy someone a copy of the game. How is that?

Rebel Leader, I will buy you a copy of the game if we don't make it to OT2. You down for that?

I wouldn't want you to waste your money...

Besides it seems unfair of me not risking anything

EDIT: unless your counting wither or not I get Daiblo III as a gift =3 as a risk

I would take it though =D... but I'm unsure if the laptop will play it smoothly even on the lowest settings

Yoshichan

DPS CAN be EZ mode, and there is no doubt that tanking and even healing can be (objectively) harder. But to play a DPS well, to know your skill set, what you can and cant do, the limits of riding aggro etc,etc I feel can be just as hard.

Not trying to turn this into a MMO thread but the EZ mode thing gets to me....
They can be just as hard, sure. But in most cases, if you fail as a dps you're not causing the entire raid to wipe, unlike when you're failing as a tank or a healer.

So what's the word on making a seperate thread for spoilers? That way it's all focused into one spot we can avoid. :p

There are spoiler rules at the very top of this thread. I was planning on making a spoiler thread on the 15th if someone else didn't, though I suppose I can put one up early. I just won't be looking at it myself until I'm done with normal. Unbridled discussion can go there until the terms of my spoiler rules expire (May 29 or |OT2|, whichever comes first, so long as |OT2| isn't here ridiculously early.)

HenryHSH

I think to survive on Inferno, you need each class to have a mix of defensive and offensive skills with each party member contributing to damage dealt and being able to take a few hits without dying. Remember that you can't just spam your potion key every time you get hit on harder difficulties anymore.

zlatko

Banned
There are spoiler rules at the very top of this thread. I was planning on making a spoiler thread on the 15th if someone else didn't, though I suppose I can put one up early. I just won't be looking at it myself until I'm done with normal. Unbridled discussion can go there until the terms of my spoiler rules expire (May 29 or |OT2|, whichever comes first, so long as |OT2| isn't here ridiculously early.)

Probably best. Someone is bound to fuck up Spoiler tagging correctly or some shit. :p

DarkKyo

I think it's kind of a bummer that your character name doesn't show up to others, only your battletag :p It's like why even name your guy?

Yeah, it will depend on cost. I can definitely see things getting out of hand and gear going for like $100. That would be absurd. I'm curious to see how this will all play out. I guess if your time is worth more than the cash value, it makes sense. I just don't have ANY excess cash flow and my time is worth shit so that doesn't seem like fair reasoning for myself. :p

$100? :lol

Best items will easily go for $1000 but I mean the best of the best for the best of the best builds.

And there will be people buying them.

Island

They can be just as hard, sure. But in most cases, if you fail as a dps you're not causing the entire raid to wipe, unlike when you're failing as a tank or a healer.

Maybe it would be more accurate to say that DPS has less pressure on them. Because there are 15-20 people to make up the slack. I guess it comes down to the player, but I like to play my class (usually hunter/ranger) to the best of my ability. At times I did not find it easy....

I dont know where I am going with this really..... oh look DIABLO!

Junie12

$100? :lol

Best items will easily go for $1000 but I mean the best of the best for the best of the best builds.

And there will be people buying them.

I'll probably fall to this trap :x

I spend hundreds of dollars on LoL. I could only imagine how much money I'll spend on D3.

*shudders

UberTag

There's speculation that people will "work around" the $250 auction limit for items by selling their rare items in the standard Gold Auction House and then selling the Gold they receive as a commodity in the Real Money Auction House for far more than $250. May work out to a lot more revenue even factoring in the 15% payout to Blizzard which is probably by design.

forrest

formerly nacire
I think to survive on Inferno, you need each class to have a mix of defensive and offensive skills with each party member contributing to damage dealt and being able to take a few hits without dying. Remember that you can't just spam your potion key every time you get hit on harder difficulties anymore.

Yeah for my Inferno Co-Op builds as a Dh it usually looks something like:

Generator
Single Target Spender
AOE Spender
Utility
Self Defense
Group Defense

And of course try and find as much synergy as possible between them all and the passives. I can't wait to do some 4 man stuff where we put our heads together and create some really strong group builds that sync perfectly. If you had a solid core group you always ran with you could even devise some plays for specific situations and scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom