• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_

I still haven't decided on a Monk name, I was thinking of naming him Aang from Avatar because he looks like an Airbender but nah, that's too obvious. I want a more original name but what. Hmm...

Make a female one and name her Korra? After the next avatar in the new series :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
He died in the other two games, in a game called diablo I'd be impressed if you don't fight....wait for it...Diablo!
You're being silly. We know this game is about excellent gameplay, but some of us really are interested in the lore. I wouldn't want to get this ruined by some random guy who doesn't appreciate it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm surprised that there's so little interest in the Witch Doctor, that seems like it would have been one of the more popular classes. I would have thought Barbarian would have been one of the least chosen simply because of how generic and boring it is.

Poison classes are never that popular. People want big explodey damage.

LowParry

He died in the other two games, in a game called diablo I'd be impressed if you don't fight....wait for it...Diablo!

Oh come on. The trap has been sprung. If you count the short of Diablo's death, that's three times he's died? And he always comes back unless he's imprisoned as the short describes.

Bullza2o

Never, ever, do this. The closer the friend, the worse it gets too.

That's what I was thinking. I was just wondering if we could make a paypal without a linked CC/bank account. I don't see problems if this can happen.

edit: thinking about this more, the paypal would have only one name, and it would be hard to make transactions outside D3.

oneils

I wish you could wear weapons and armor over what you currently have equipped just for looks. Female wiz carrying a 2h sword really looks awesome, but not really viable compared to the wand and globe she should have equipped.

Transmogrification in Diablo III confirmed? :p

Ryan_

I pooped in the holy water supply!

*runs out crying*

Don't know why I started laughing when i read this

although maybe it was the image of the Diablo 3 monk running around with his arms waving and crying like a little girl.

I have too much fantasy

maharg

idspispopd
I'm surprised that there's so little interest in the Witch Doctor, that seems like it would have been one of the more popular classes. I would have thought Barbarian would have been one of the least chosen simply because of how generic and boring it is.

As a fan of the Necro and Druid in D2, the WD was just boring and the loadout of skills in level 1-13 was just really unsatisfying. It was the only class I *really* felt the need to change the skill layout of a lot, and it still just wasn't very fun to play.

I've never bothered with the Warrior or Barbarian classes in D1 and D2, but Barbarian in D3 is just hella fun.

HenryHSH

Oh come on. The trap has been sprung. If you count the short of Diablo's death, that's three times he's died? And he always comes back unless he's imprisoned as the short describes.

He has been dead for 12 years. I say bring him back to life so we can loot his ass again.

Tess3ract

Banned
You're being silly. We know this game is about excellent gameplay, but some of us really are interested in the lore. I wouldn't want to get this ruined by some random guy who doesn't appreciate it.

Oh I don't know any actual spoilers so it wont be from me, but I feel it's a little bit silly.

Master Chief shoots some dudes, Diablo dies, etc

it's just something that happens

zlatko

Banned
Hmm...

You know what? I might take it if I can't come up with anything better.

I'd suggest his side kicks name too, but I feel it won't slide in the Blizz naming process. Side kick is Ejaculator. He's a dastardly bastard who wears a trenchcoat with nothing on underneath. Sits on a bench watching girls jog by and kids go down slides.

Molestero rocks a sick long beard, wears dragon t shirts and jean shorts that are too small for him. Together they ride in an ice cream truck with a mattress in the back around elementary schools.

True hethens.

Sothpaw

Witch Doctor and Barb are tied for most fun classes to play based on my beta experience. Flying across the screen and crashing down into a group of enemies is far from boring.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh I don't know any actual spoilers so it wont be from me, but I feel it's a little bit silly.

Master Chief shoots some dudes, Diablo dies, etc

it's just something that happens
Diablo isn't the only character involved in the story of this game. You would know this if you actually gave a shit.

Junie12

I'd suggest his side kicks name too, but I feel it won't slide in the Blizz naming process. Side kick is Ejaculator. He's a dastardly bastard who wears a trenchcoat with nothing on underneath. Sits on a bench watching girls jog by and kids go down slides.

Molestero rocks a sick long beard, wears dragon t shirts and jean shorts that are too small for him. Together they ride in an ice cream truck with a mattress in the back around elementary schools.

True hethens.

Ah man I love Ejaculator name :O

But you may be right Blizzard might not allow that..

So I guess I'll just name my monk after an Airbender after all.

zlatko

Banned
Why risk spoiling anyone in the OT? I can see why some people just don't care in the case of Diablo, but there are plenty of places to go if you want to look at spoilers.

Weird... I'm playing this game FOR the story and atmosphere. I really dug what was being set up in the beta.

Perhaps we should make this the OT, no spoilers, and make a seperate spoiler thread so we can stop this mom and pop bickering in front of the kids? :(

jasonng

tumblr_m308v7aph81ro4mav.gif

Sciz

Having never played anything else in the series, I watched through ZealousD's playthrough/lore recap. So thanks for that, the names people throw around make a lot more sense now.

Sothpaw

Fire bats are awesome. Also, Giant Toad is the most badass thing in Diabo.

Is giant toad meant to be used as a primary? It just swallows one enemy at a time and has a cooldown right? It does look cool, just trying to wrap my head around its proper use.

Weird... I'm playing this game FOR the story and atmosphere. I really dug what was being set up in the beta.

Perhaps we should make this the OT, no spoilers, and make a seperate spoiler thread so we can stop this mom and pop bickering in front of the kids? :(

Oh, I am not planning to go there myself, although I personally don't really care all that much about the story in Diablo. It just don't believe it is necessary do post links in a thread where the majority of posters probably does care. It's not like there is no way to find that kind of stuff on your own if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom