• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
There's speculation that people will "work around" the $250 auction limit for items by selling their rare items in the standard Gold Auction House and then selling the Gold they receive as a commodity in the Real Money Auction House for far more than $250. May work out to a lot more revenue even factoring in the 15% payout to Blizzard which is probably by design.

Seems intelligent enough. Paying $250 for anything is ridiculous though.

RotBot

I think it's kind of a bummer that your character name doesn't show up to others, only your battletag :p It's like why even name your guy?

The release version will have character names displayed.

You've been heard! There's a clean up pass coming for BattleTag in the near-ish future that should resolve most of the issues with a BattleTag being displayed instead of a character name, or a character name not being displayed at all. I think it may also line up with some fixes for BattleTags here on the forums. Although I'll still think of you all as my little D3BETA's... *sniff*

BattleTag is still intended to be your big overarching account-wide identifier that will follow you from Blizzard game to Blizzard game, but individual character identity is still obviously very important.

HenryHSH

There's speculation that people will "work around" the $250 auction limit for items by selling their rare items in the standard Gold Auction House and then selling the Gold they receive as a commodity in the Real Money Auction House for far more than $250. May work out to a lot more revenue even factoring in the 15% payout to Blizzard which is probably by design.

I think Blizzard has that covered already though. All you need is a delayed transfer from B.net to Paypal and buying an item might take days. Also, can't disregard the fact that someone might actually pay gold for the item.

Edit: Totally misread your post. My bad.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
As a total Diablo noob, I have to wonder: who is she?
I think she's cute.
Her name is Leah, she is a huge part of the D3 story. She is Deckard Cain's adopted daughter and assistant! And yes, she is very cute :3

Strampas

Neo Member
My late 2008 macbook pro does not approve this game. Can't afford a new computer : / Have ordered the collectors edition but now i'm afraid that they might ship it to the wrong adress. Must look that up tomorrow. Guess I'm screwed. Enjoy the game folks!

Dresden

I think to survive on Inferno, you need each class to have a mix of defensive and offensive skills with each party member contributing to damage dealt and being able to take a few hits without dying. Remember that you can't just spam your potion key every time you get hit on harder difficulties anymore.

I think you're going to need crowd control, and lots of it, for Inferno.

Wonder how valuable Mass Confusion/Horrify/Hex will be with Witch Doctors later on; combined with summons they could be the ultimate CC support.

from the FAQ

What’s the minimum and maximum bid I can set for an item?

In the gold-based auction house, the minimum you can list an item for is 100 gold, and the maximum is 100,000,000,000 gold.

In the real-money auction house, the minimum you can list an item for is $1.25 USD (or equivalent local currency). The maximum you can set is $250 USD.

Also apparently if you use the Battle.net Balance to hold your finances you cannot buy stuff that uses a different form of currency

Can I use Battle.net Balance I have in one currency to make purchases on the real-money auction house for a different currency?

Battle.net Balances for different currencies are separate and cannot be used interchangeably. For example, you cannot use USD-based Battle.net Balance in a non-USD-based auction house. In addition, you are not able to transfer Battle.net Balance based in one currency to or from Battle.net Balance based in a different currency. For more information, see the Battle.net Balance FAQ.

From the looks of it, the REALLY rare expensive stuff will go on the Gold auction house and ppl will the resell the gold

edit: or using some shady 3rd party lol

if there's anything in the game that's worth $250, not a fucking chance i'll be giving blizz and paypal a 15 percent cut each. There must be another way of selling that item.

Black market with no real economy vs Blizzard setting the economy. hard to compare the two.

Yeah, but if there's a demand for a market in which $251+ transactions are possible, it will still develop outside their control...which is why it's a pretty shortsighted policy.

Could have sworn we determined back in the beta that the $250 limit won't have an impact on people, though I can't remember why. I guess it will after all.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
if there's anything in the game that's worth $250, not a fucking chance i'll be giving blizz and paypal a 15 percent cut each. There must be another way of selling that item.
There will always be other ways...

forrest

formerly nacire
I think you're going to need crowd control, and lots of it, for Inferno.

Wonder how valuable Mass Confusion/Horrify/Hex will be with Witch Doctors later on; combined with summons they could be the ultimate CC support.

See I was feeling the same way, but without knowing what kind of diminishing returns are in place for latter difficulties, it's hard to say. Where mobs in Hell in Diablo 2 immune to stuns, slows, etc.? Were the mobs inherently faster in Hell?

Yoshichan

Where mobs in Hell in Diablo 2 immune to stuns, slows, etc.?
In Diablo 2, it worked out this way:

On normal, stun durations lasted 100%
On nightmare, stun durations lasted 75%
On hell, stun durations lasted 50%

If you did any of these stuns of champion enemies or bosses, they were automatically reduced by 50% (so on hell, you'd get 25% of the stun duration). Kripparrian and his team has speculated that it'll almost be the same system in D3.
Were the mobs inherently faster in Hell?
Yes. Some enemies were MUCH faster.

Dresden

See I was feeling the same way, but without knowing what kind of diminishing returns are in place for latter difficulties, it's hard to say. Where mobs in Hell in Diablo 2 immune to stuns, slows, etc.? Were the mobs inherently faster in Hell?

I think stuff like cold and curse got cut down (along with general Hell changes like -100% to resists or how monsters got immunities to elements). As for D3 Inferno I think the devs have already stated there will be diminished effects on that difficulty for stuff like stuns, so who knows.

TUSR

Banned
My late 2008 macbook pro does not approve this game. Can't afford a new computer : / Have ordered the collectors edition but now i'm afraid that they might ship it to the wrong adress. Must look that up tomorrow. Guess I'm screwed. Enjoy the game folks!

your late MBP might run it if you bootcamp with windows XP and have 4gigs of ram.

oneils

As far as I can tell the 250 "limit" for RMAH is a "soft" limit. You can find more info here:

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-auction-house-functionality#q12

Here is a quote:

How do I “cash out” from the real-money auction house?

As an advanced feature, players in certain regions will have the option of attaching an account with an approved third-party payment service such as PayPal to their Battle.net account. Once this has been completed, proceeds from the sale of items in the real-money auction house can be deposited into their third-party payment service account. “Cashing out” is then handled through the third-party payment service. Players must decide whether to use this method before posting an auction. Note, however, that if receiving the proceeds of a sale into a player’s Battle.net Balance would put that player’s balance over the maximum permitted balance, the player must receive the proceeds through an approved third-party payment service (in regions where available). In regions where an approved third-party payment service is not available, once a player’s Battle.net Balance reaches the maximum permitted balance, the player cannot make further sales on the real-money auction house.

Note that the process of sending proceeds to a third-party payment service will be subject to applicable fees charged by Blizzard and the third-party payment service. Also, any proceeds from the sale of items in the real-money auction house that have been sent to the player’s Battle.net Balance will not be transferrable to the third-party payment service account.

edit: so 250 is your maximum balance with Blizzard. Anything over the balance must be cashed out through a third party service like Pay Pal. What I don't know how a buyer can buy something for more than 250. Can they pay directly through paypal? I'll have to do more reading.

EDIT 2: DERP DERP! DERP! A couple of questions down it says that the maximum bid you can set in the RMAH is 250. Research fail by oneils. DERP!

forrest

formerly nacire
In Diablo 2, it worked out this way:

On normal, stun durations lasted 100%
On nightmare, stun durations lasted 75%
On hell, stun durations lasted 50%

If you did any of these stuns of champion enemies or bosses, they were automatically reduced by 50% (so on hell, you'd get 25% of the stun duration). Kripparrian and his team has speculated that it'll almost be the same system in D3.

Yes. Some enemies were MUCH faster.

Yeah I watched the entire video and remembered them bringing up this point when speaking on their decision not to bring the DH. The DH does have a lot of strong stun abilities and I'll be curious to see how they shake out in Inferno.

What about mob speed in latter difficulties? The same or faster?

Yoshichan

FUUUUUUUU I had a Templar's plate and then jsut stopped playing D2. damn if I had known about that....
Are you sure you had one on ladder?
I can't wait to play Inferno, I wonder what overpowered ability magical monsters would have..

So many possibilities..
Enemies perform whirlwind, which sucks you in. Waller-type enemies prevent you from running out once you've been sucked in.

Yoshichan

What about mob speed in latter difficulties? The same or faster?
The speed of almost every monster gets increased. I remember watching this video of some guy showing of nightmare difficulty and everything just seemed super fast and incredibly aggressive.

bdrob

Probably a silly question by page 21, but if
br8Ag.jpg
hasn't been claimed yet I'd like to *yoink* it ^^

Yoshichan

Probably a silly question by page 21, but if
br8Ag.jpg
hasn't been claimed yet I'd like to *yoink* it ^^
Barely any Azmodan avatar has been taken, which I feel is a pity. I think he'll be a great character, his intentions might not be the same as Diablos' but he's probably got more passion!

Enjoy the avatar.

Frostburn

Is it sad that O.A.R.'s "Black Rock" came on the radio and it made me think about Diablo? I cannot wait to have this in my hands again, the Beta was so good and watching the awesome videos from ZealousD and hearing all those familiar sounds while working today just made me even more hyped than I thought possible. I want to make sure I'm on the Battletag list but Battle.net account management is unavailable :( I'm going Wizard for my first class, still undecided on gender.

Junie12

Is it sad that O.A.R.'s "Black Rock" came on the radio and it made me think about Diablo? I cannot wait to have this in my hands again, the Beta was so good and watching the awesome videos from ZealousD and hearing all those familiar sounds while working today just made me even more hyped than I thought possible. I want to make sure I'm on the Battletag list but Battle.net account management is unavailable :( I'm going Wizard for my first class, still undecided on gender.

Everything makes me think about Diablo, my hype for this game is unhealthy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom