• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_

Oh man, shit is about to get real!

shit-just-got-real.gif

Valnen

It's in Activision's PR.

Also does that mean more preorders than Wrath of The Lich King?

Mighty impressive if true.

They must have sold 2-3M copies of Diabloi III via preorders already.

If they sold 3 million copies of Diablo III, I think that means like...5 million total users on launch day? Minimum? Because weren't there 2 million annual pass people?

Betting on 10 million sales by the one year mark.

Sothpaw

I would not be surprised to run into Azmodan slash Belial but besides that, I don't have a clue of what will go down.

Maybe Imperius will betray the Angiris Council?

After reading the book this seems to be pretty clear to me. Also we are pretty much told that Azmodan and Belial are behind everything. Maybe Lilith will come save humanity.

timmy

Nice thread!

Is there any idea on what the most popular classes are going to be? I'm kind of waffling between monk and wizard, and I'll probably just go with whatever there are less of, since I enjoy being a beautiful snowflake. :D

Ryan_

If they sold 3 million copies of Diablo III, I think that means like...5 million total users on launch day? Minimum? Because weren't there 2 million annual pass people?

Well to be fair, I've been seeing more hype and more people interested in Diablo 3 than in the time of WoTLK.

I would not be surprised to run into Azmodan slash Belial but besides that, I don't have a clue of what will go down.

Maybe Imperius will betray the Angiris Council?

Not really a spoiler, just a quote from Book of Cain:

"And in the end of days, wisdom shall be lost
As justice falls upon the world of men.
Valor shall turn to wrath
And hope will be swallowed by despair.
Death at last shall spread its wings over all
As fate lies shattered forever."

If taken literally (the various members of the Angiris Council), then there's a lot of fun stuff about to go down.

Freki

Betting on 10 million sales by the one year mark.

It's 1.2 million annual passes - and they are included in the preorders

Nice thread!

Is there any idea on what the most popular classes are going to be? I'm kind of waffling between monk and wizard, and I'll probably just go with whatever there are less of, since I enjoy being a beautiful snowflake. :D
Witch Doctor seems to be the least popular. I don't think there will be a noticeable difference between number of Wizards and Monks.

Junie12

Nice thread!

Well going by GAF it seems the barbarian is the most popular one, follow by the Monk.

Bossun

Nice thread!

It seems to be pretty much balanced. Maybe a few more barb.

Ryan_

After reading the book this seems to be pretty clear to me. Also we are pretty much told that Azmodan and Belial are behind everything. Maybe Lilith will come save humanity.

Haven't finished the book yet ;-)

Would be nice if Lilith could make an introduction.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Witch doctor is lagging behind for some reason.
1-13 content as a witch doctor was horrendous. Blizzard did a poor job with that imo :/ I am positive they'll be fun as hell once they start getting the interesting skills though!

TUSR

Banned
To quote:

"May the Heavens help us if Azmodan should ever arrive upon the mortal plane."

yeah the book is at home, we said almost the same thing.

good thing i dont know anything about the story. if this is spoilers someone tell us so we can axe it.

chris-013

1-13 content as a witch doctor was horrendous. Blizzard did a poor job with that imo :/ I am positive they'll be fun as hell once they start getting the interesting skills though!
It's funny because even with lv1-13, Soul Harvest was the most powerful skill in the beta... 250 crit with firebat !

Ryan_

All in all, I didn't have a bad time in my playthrough but I understand what you mean.
It felt a bit slow to me and at times a bit dull, which is weird because the WD obviously has the most exotic skills of all.
Since it's not going to be my first char, I'm curious of how it will turn out!

And now i'm off to bed for a 8 hour teleport towards May 15th!

Nighty night!

Valnen

It's funny because even with lv1-13 Soul Harvest was the most powerful skill in the beta... 250 crit with firebat !

Yeah, Soul Harvest is insane, it feels like the Witch Doctor skills were balanced around the idea that you'll have at least a couple stacks up at all times.

Its been a long time since I've played Diablo 2 but I seem to recall melee classes having a lot harder of a time than ranged at hell difficulty. I wonder how things will shake up this time on Inferno. I'd hate to level a melee class only to find it much more difficult in inferno than the ranged classes and I'm still completely undecided on what class to play first (of course I'll end up playing them all).

cripterion

Greetings,

I have updated your country to Japan. Please make sure you clear you cache and cookies in your browser if it still shows your country as France. Additionally, please double check your address on the account to make sure I have entered it correctly :)

If you have any further questions or concerns about this issue, please select the "REOPEN TICKET" button below to provide us additional information. Thank you for being a valued customer and contacting us today - we hope you continue to enjoy your experiences with Blizzard Entertainment!

Regards,

Blake K
Account and Technical Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support

Man their customer service works fast, that's basically 3 hours after I opened up a ticket to change my account's country of residence.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And now i'm off to bed for a 8 hour teleport towards May 15th!

Nighty night!
They need to nerf this shit ._. G'night!

The BFM

Neo Member
I haven't really looked so maybe its already answered. Can I use the stress test beta client for retail game or is that worthless and need uninstalled and replaced?

eosos

Banned
So I haven't really followed this game at all. Mainly because of school, but on Friday finals are done(woohoo!). I haven't played D1 or D2, but I do really love all the other Blizzard games so I preordered this and have it ready to install on my computer. I have a few friends in similar situations to me who are also going to play it. Do you guys have any good tips for us? Like what class to be or what difficulty to go on? Or should I always play online? Or should I just say fuck it and jump in and do whatever I feel like with it.

chris-013

I haven't really looked so maybe its already answered. Can I use the stress test beta client for retail game or is that worthless and need uninstalled and replaced?

Uninstall it.

So I haven't really followed this game at all. Mainly because of school, but on Friday finals are done(woohoo!). I haven't played D1 or D2, but I do really love all the other Blizzard games so I preordered this and have it ready to install on my computer. I have a few friends in similar situations to me who are also going to play it. Do you guys have any good tips for us? Like what class to be or what difficulty to go on? Or should I always play online? Or should I just say fuck it and jump in and do whatever I feel like with it.

Technically you will always play online. So yes jump in ! Everything will be explained in game, blizzard love tutorial in D3.

Not really a spoiler, just a quote from Book of Cain:

"And in the end of days, wisdom shall be lost
As justice falls upon the world of men.
Valor shall turn to wrath
And hope will be swallowed by despair.
Death at last shall spread its wings over all
As fate lies shattered forever."

If taken literally (the various members of the Angiris Council), then there's a lot of fun stuff about to go down.

I see five
angels
and three
prime evils
in there.

bdrob

Don't forget the wizard, I thought she took second place.

Witch doctor is lagging behind for some reason.

Having played Necro and Barb in D2 I used the open beta weekend to try out the Witch Doctor and Barbarian and I've got to say I didn't find the Witch Doctor at all engaging :(

Not quite sure what was missing but it just wasn't a compelling experience. Barb however, that was fun!

Still miss the necro, though.

Junie12

Having played Necro and Barb in D2 I used the open beta weekend to try out the Witch Doctor and Barbarian and I've got to say I didn't find the Witch Doctor at all engaging :(

Not quite sure what was missing but it just wasn't a compelling experience. Barb however, that was fun!

Still miss the necro, though.

I'm with you there man :(

Necros for life!

Man their customer service works fast, that's basically 3 hours after I opened up a ticket to change my account's country of residence.

Yeah I recently started playing WoW again and found out my account had been hacked and then banned. They were so prompt and nice about fixing the problem. Any delay in fixing the problem was due to me not providing them the correct information.

A++
Would get banned again

I would do the same... rather sell the items in the RMAH

I'll never find anything worth anything. I love the game, but I'm not addicted. I'll play through it a couple of times, and doubt I'll go beyond nightmare.

If I get lucky, though? Hey, couldn't hurt. But not going to the highest difficulties also means I probably won't get anything worthwhile.

Bullza2o

I hope I'm not breaking any rules...but can I burn a copy of Diablo 3 if I pre-purchased it? I have slow internet at home compared to the dorm, and with summer coming up downloading 8GB would take forever. Good thing I already downloaded it a month ago. I'm just wondering if I can burn the installation files to a DVD in case I ever need to reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom