• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twie

I hope I'm not breaking any rules...but can I burn a copy of Diablo 3 if I pre-purchased it? I have slow internet at home compared to the dorm, and with summer coming up downloading 8GB would take forever. Good thing I already downloaded it a month ago. I'm just wondering if I can burn the installation files to a DVD in case I ever need to reinstall.

Just dump the install files on a USB stick, there's nothing wrong with that.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules...but can I burn a copy of Diablo 3 if I pre-purchased it? I have slow internet at home compared to the dorm, and with summer coming up downloading 8GB would take forever. Good thing I already downloaded it a month ago. I'm just wondering if I can burn the installation files to a DVD in case I ever need to reinstall.
Of course. Put them on a DVD, USB stick, whatever you want.

TUSR

Banned
download the files, throw it on a flash drive/hard drive and bring it to your dorm.

install as needed. i dont see the problem

Number45

I don't see why this would be a problem, not really any different to copying the install files to a USB drive to transport from one location to another. And you need an active "subscription" (i.e. you need to have a key registered on your battle.net account) in order to play the game anyway, so any rogue installations wouldn't get very far.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
do we know what prices will be for gold and items at all??

im not planning on spending any and i dont think ill sell anything.

but thats because im expecting the highest priced thing i get is like ~20$..which i'd rather equip.

So I had been sort of thinking of not buying because of the whole always online thing but what the hell it's Diablo III. I was trying to find a collector's edition but no luck there. Am I just completely shit out of luck if I want to get a CE at this point? In Ireland so places good for UK probably also work just fine.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I want to slam my head into something. Like concrete. Is that undercore or hardcore?
We'll have to ask zlatko about that when he comes back in a couple of hours!

Thoraxes

So I had been sort of thinking of not buying because of the whole always online thing but what the hell it's Diablo III. I was trying to find a collector's edition but no luck there. Am I just completely shit out of luck if I want to get a CE at this point? In Ireland so places good for UK probably also work just fine.

Go to a Brick and Mortar store, like the 24-hour Walmart and such. Even if you think you're SOL, they usually have them first come first serve. That's how I got my CE for Cataclysm after I had a last-minute change of heart.

theta11

do we know what prices will be for gold and items at all??

im not planning on spending any and i dont think ill sell anything.

but thats because im expecting the highest priced thing i get is like ~20$..which i'd rather equip.

Prices for anything won't stabilize at least for a few weeks after launch and that applies to both Gold and RM AH.

Junie12

This last weekend without the game is gonna be brutal..

I wouldn't be able to do anything but think about the game..

God I am sick..

gate777

Damn....nice OT.

I have it pre-ordered but I most likely won't play until the weekend since I still need to buy a video card for my new PC.
Will most likely go with an AMD HD7850 or one of the new Nvidias that are PCI-E 3.0.

Akim

Banned
I don't get any money until Friday...I'm not gonna run into any problems buying the digital version so late am I?

Haha that's kinda creepy! I think tomorrow morning I'm gonna see if I can figure out if there's any decent way I could update my avatar, for now sleepy time.

Good night thread, can't wait to see how you've grown in the morning >:D

Creepy. Ha, I just thought it was poorly done. Maybe I'll take another stab at it.

traveler

Not Wario
Just a heads up- the cinematics from the CE have been posted on DiabloFans. While that community will keep the topic under spoiler tags, I doubt the rest of the internet will.

KorrZ

Jesus, reading that article and stumbled across this part:

Diablo III was finally revealed in 2008

has it...really...been?

Worst part is I have to work Tuesday, no way I'll be able to stay up until 3AM EST to play..and won't get home til 7PM...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK :(

bdrob

ASDA (UK) put the Collector's Edition back up for pre-order today, it had been showing as out of stock so I guess this means they've had their allocation increased.

Clicky

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I remember every minute of the day when it was announced...

I've cried twice for game reveals... this was one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom