• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this game has replay value. I'm sick of wasting money on crappy RPG's.

It's really built to be that on purpose. You can't even get all the skill runes on your first play through. Well, maybe you could, but you'd be grinding on normal difficulty after having finished it just to do it.

injurai

Banned
It's really built to be that on purpose. You can't even get all the skill runes on your first play through. Well, maybe you could, but you'd be grinding on normal difficulty after having finished it just to do it.

You can't get xp on things 3 lvls lower than you, so yes you have to play higher difficulties to get all the skill runes.

Ainaurdur

ODB10NQEUK7M1336590101400.jpg

Can't decide whether I like this or the previously featured female Monk cosplay more...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can't decide whether I like this or the previously featured female Monk cosplay more...
Wait, please tell me her face is photoshopped on that body <,<?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Last time I saw you so hyped up was for Dark Souls.
And you're absolutely right about that. It is no secret that Dark Souls and Diablo 3 are the two games I've been looking forward to the most, in my entire life. Here's the post I made, my dedication, crazyness and emotions was put into it - and it should explain my hype for this game.

Behold, NeoGAF!

ibtXUZEdc5tb2a.gif

The thread everyone's been waiting for, whether they're aware of it or not. I want to thank every single one of you who contributed to the Diablo 3 Beta-thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443339). It's been a long ride but it's finally here - it's time to progress to something bigger. Much bigger!

I am positive that this thread is very important for some people... but for me, it is more than that. It'll single-handedly be the most important thread on GAF. And if that wasn't enough, Diablo 3 is the most hyped gaming-release of of all time, and I can't wait to go through hell (over and over again) with some of you guys! I also want to give a HUGE thanks to CarbonatedFalcon, along with everyone else who contributed making this OT possible - a job well done indeed! I truly do hope that D3GAF will turn out to be a strong and dedicated community, and that there will be tons and tons of funny/rage stories shared within this thread!

Let the clicking begin!

I've checked my Amazon account twice today to see if my CE shipped, knowing very well they'll send me an email when it has.

;_;

I expect it to ship probably Friday or Saturday if it's going to get here Tuesday. If it ships on Friday, it might be early and come on Monday.

And I'm starting a CE Wings + Beta Sigil club :p

injurai

Banned
And you're absolutely right about that. It is no secret that Dark Souls and Diablo 3 are the two games I've been looking forward to the most, in my entire life. Here's the post I made, my dedication, crazyness and emotions was put into it - and it should explain my hype for this game.

Lol I like to think of it as the Mini OT for Yoshi's crazed anticipation.

Yoshichan

YEAAAAH, to all the haters

AeM3P.png

think the mods would mind if I used this as my avatar? if not I call dibs
It'll be horribly stretched :_:

HenryHSH

Whoever fucked with the battletag list, good job... /sigh.

Edit: Fixed, but not going to bother updating the list anymore. Whoever messed it up should have said something so we could fix it, instead of just leaving it like that.

oneils

Looks like someone is fixing it.

By the way, does anyone know how many friends you can have in Diablo III?
There are about 200 people in that list and I am wondering if it would be possible to friend them all - haha!

FinKL

WTF! I just saw a spoiler on a YouTube video title since I wanted to see what was in the physical edition box ;( The internet is so EEVIL

Nothing will be sacred Monday @ 8am

Edit: Fixed, but not going to bother updating the list anymore. Whoever messed it up should have said something so we could fix it, instead of just leaving it like that.
Can't you check the revisions on Google Docs?

Yoshichan

Marza, edit your link so that it actually directs you to the spreadsheet please :3

===

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled!

That's why i use this script. Works great!

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/14530

^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you

better install this script!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Quick question. Does the monk still carry weapons around just for show? (ie no attack animations using weapons) Ive been out of the loop for a while and dont know if this was addressed.

HenryHSH

WTF! I just saw a spoiler on a YouTube video title since I wanted to see what was in the physical edition box ;( The internet is so EEVIL

Nothing will be sacred Monday @ 8am

Can't you check the revisions on Google Docs?

I could, if I was the owner.

Anyway, updated the list. I can't help it. lol

FoxSpirit

The skill overview confuses me. Every character has 30 skills with 5 rune options?
When I assign a skill, what do the numbers in the slots represent? At which level I unlock the slot?

I don't get the skillsystem.

Yoshichan

Quick question. Does the monk still carry weapons around just for show? (ie no attack animations using weapons) Ive been out of the loop for a while and dont know if this was addressed.
They still punch without using weapons.

squidyj

vGErx.png

GAF: squidyj
Battletag: squidyj#1124
Region: North America
Class: Undecided

I'm not sure what to choose for class. I'm thinking it will probably be wizard or monk. I DON'T KNOW.

Looking above me.... maybe I should choose something else.

I've checked my Amazon account twice today to see if my CE shipped, knowing very well they'll send me an email when it has.

;_;

I expect it to ship probably Friday or Saturday if it's going to get here Tuesday. If it ships on Friday, it might be early and come on Monday.

And I'm starting a CE Wings + Beta Sigil club :p

Amazon sends any game I do release date delivery on the day before I am supposed to have it. Matter of fact it doesn't ship till late in the night too.

vilmer_

I thought I had posted mine ages ago but alas!

GAF: vilmer_
Battletag: Vilmzy#1166
Region: North America
Class: MF Wizard, baby! (and I don't mean mother facking)

Valnen

Monk skill animations have been updated. Some skills where it doesn't make sense for them to swing their weapons still don't, such as Fists of Thunder, Way of the Hundred Fists, or Exploding Palm. Other skills that don't have anything like "Fists" in the name of the skill, such as Dashing Strike or Deadly Reach now swing with the weapons.

Near the end of beta I noticed the Dashing Strike already had the updated animation. Looked really nice with two swords.

Monks will also be able to use more weapons in retail.

Edit: Source http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4253973263?page=16#314

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Monk skill animations have been updated. Some skills where it doesn't make sense for them to swing their weapons still don't, such as Fists of Thunder, Way of the Hundred Fists, or Exploding Palm. Other skills that don't have anything like "Fists" in the name of the skill, such as Dashing Strike or Deadly Reach now swing with the weapons.

Near the end of beta I noticed the Dashing Strike already had the updated animation. Looked really nice with two swords.

Monks will also be able to use more weapons in retail.

That makes sense. Thanks

RkOwnage

Amazon sends any game I do release date delivery on the day before I am supposed to have it. Matter of fact it doesn't ship till late in the night too.

Yeah I always panic about Release Date delivery, yet Amazon has yet to disappoint. But since this is my most anticipated game in like ever, I have a feeling something bad will happen. That's my luck! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom