• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
vGErx.png

GAF: Dark Phoenix
Battletag: Flak#1359
Region: North America
Class: Barbarian

You aren't eating the right pizza.

Since this thread is slowly turning into a food topic, what do people here pretend to eat while playing? Other thn pizza, of course. :p

Or will eating take time away from playing?

I just plan to drink lots of Coke Zero. Not sure what to eat yet.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I have the beta installed, can I just upgrade that to the retail version or I must download the full game again?
You must download it all over again.

MajorPain

Since this thread is slowly turning into a food topic, what do people here pretend to eat while playing? Other thn pizza, of course. :p

Liquid diet is the way to go while playing a game like D3.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's this "food" you guys are talking about?

winnarps

Not sure if it's been talked about before, but has anyone done any research into the Wizard skill Magic Weapon?

Is it used to boost the Wizard's overall damage, or does it only apply to melee (i.e., actually hitting a monster with the Wizard's weapon)?

scy

Fuck, I miss pizza. Trying to lose weight sucks.

Cauliflower for the crust isn't as bad as it probably sounds. It's actually pretty good.

I'll probably just drink a lot of water.

ShaneB

This is debatable

You aren't eating the right pizza.

For me it's looking at the wife I was able to get...

You have never ate Chicago Pizza.

:p Was expecting some replies like this. It's all good :D

I just remember where I was a few years ago, and where I am now. I prefer looking in the mirror now ;)

Anyways! Diablo III!

Wooo. I am debating skipping Gym on Tuesday however....

scy

Pfft, I looked at my treadmill and wondered if I could rig a set-up for it. Then I realized that was just kind of weird and excessive.

Don't want to build a shelf :(

I just remember where I was a few years ago, and where I am now. I prefer looking in the mirror now ;)

Anyways! Diablo III!

images

Thats how it begins! Soon you will be like us again! :D

People were giving the ign article a bit of praise...all I could think of is how they let diablo 2 get an 8.3 review score. I don't even think the dude played the game online. And we think video game journalism is a joke now.

Sothpaw

Anyways! Diablo III!

I agree with you though. Being attractive > eating junkfood. Pizza is totally fine every once in a while though.

MajorPain

Anyways! Diablo III!

I will definitely lose a few pounds next week with a game like D3. I will go without food while playing a game like this.

Yoshichan

Speaking of IGN... it's so weird, if this game would've been called Uncharted (or any other hyped console-game), then we would've CRAVED for reviews. I still haven't heard anyone even speculate scores yet <,<

ShaneB

Pfft, I looked at my treadmill and wondered if I could rig a set-up for it. Then I realized that was just kind of weird and excessive.

Don't want to build a shelf :(

Treadmill!?!? Wacky, figure out how to play and lift weights at the same time! ;)

images

Thats how it begins! Soon you will be like us again! :D

Noooooo.. :( I must not! Ah who am I kidding, I probably will. I'll just switch days around.

Speaking of IGN... it's so weird, if this game would've been called Uncharted (or any other hyped console-game), then we would've CRAVED for reviews. I still haven't heard anyone even speculate scores yet <,<

I honestly couldnt care less. I want this game and nothing is ruining that for me!!!

You didn't have to with the SC2 beta. You could leave the old client on the computer as it is read as a completely different program.
Yeah true
Well many of us have been following it's progress for a long time so we know what to expect. It's Diablo 3, ign could give it a 2 for all i care.

Can't skip Tuesday, as I'm part of management or some stupid shit, so my plan is to come home on Monday and immediately hit the sack and get as much sleep as possible before midnight...

And then pull an all-nighter playing and go straight into work.

It will take constitution. But so will Hell.

My guess is a 9. Best in its genre, but still suffers from same point and click syndrome, blah blah. I really don't care much...end game is a big part of it for me, and they'll undoubtedly overlook it due to shortage of time/incompetence.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm watching the old Wizard Let'S play video from Force Strategy (I still can't decide if I want to start a barb or a wiz)...it's crazy how things changed since those early builds of the beta!

It'll probably get 9s and 10s across the board, except for reviewers that take particular issue with either:

a)Online-Only
b)RMAH
c)Isometric Camera/"Not teh latest grafics!"

And reviews that do knock off points for those shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Anyway, taking out the recycling really quick, and then I'll start working on updating the OP. I'm thinking I may redo the followers section completely with a new graphic, but that may be a bit excessive.

scy

It'll probably get 9s and 10s across the board, except for reviewers that take particular issue with either:

a)Online-Only
b)RMAH
c)Isometric Camera/"Not teh latest grafics!"

And reviews that do knock off points for those shouldn't be taken too seriously.

So every mainstream outlet?

Gaf advice request:

I don't know what to do about this game.

At work, my buddy keeps telling me to get it, about engrossing the beta was. Thing is, I only played the demo of Diablo, never touched Diablo 2, and find Titan Quest and Torchlight a bit boring.

Do I buy anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom