• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilltopper117

Neo Member
GAF: Hilltopper117
Battletag: Deathstalker#1514
Region: North America
Class: Wizard

So ready for this. The wife pre-ordered the CE for me last Christmas. I'm not sure she fully understands what she has done yet. :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What did I do :_:?!

sazzy

1080p it is then! Thanks!

Think I'll lower the shadows/physics a bit more with the retail. Pinning my hopes on the fact that they've said the retail client is much better optimized.

I have a day off today and its a beautiful sunny day here in Sydney. And I'm sitting here at the altar of Diablo.

Based off the beta, I'd be inclined to give the game 8/10. It's Diablo. Doesn't do anything groundbreaking, doesn't drive its genre forward, doesn't contribute anything new to gaming, doesn't have a brilliant story.

However, it's a new Diablo, and I'll play it for MONTHS to come, and not completely put it down for years. Some games are just review-proof, and great regardless of objective quality.

I would say that the skill runes are actually a pretty dramatic departure from skill trees, and a step forward for not only the specific ARPG genre, but RPG games in general as a means of handling character combat progression/customization. It's a pretty solid system.

The RMAH is also somewhat ground-breaking - being one of the first (second?) major Western titles to do something like that (I would argue TF2's hats are similar enough, and they came first), as well as controversial. It's not quite the same as typical cash shops, since all goods are player-generated - Blizzard just skims off the top of everything. The capability to cash out to PayPal directly is unique though. With TF2 hats, or anything else, you have to cope with the risk of directly dealing with other people to cash out like that.

Aside from those two things though, the game probably isn't particularly "innovative" besides the massive amounts of polish Blizzard layers on. (There's a Jay Wilson interview about this, saying how a game the Blizzard philosophy is that a game that is very refined is innovative, and that Blizzard would rather make (and play) well made games, than "innovative" games with new features, but aren't executed well.)

East Coast is best coast. I will go to bed around 8 pm Monday and get up at 3 am eastern time to activate the game. Then a solid 4 hours of playing! Woot!

Soule

Think I'll lower the shadows/physics a bit more with the retail. Pinning my hopes on the fact that they've said the retail client is much better optimized.

I have a day off today and its a beautiful sunny day here in Sydney. And I'm sitting here at the altar of Diablo.

I'd heard people say this but never seen the actual quote where it came from. I'm really hoping for the same because my beta ran smoot enough as it was but that's not including all the late game spells and 4 level 60s spamming all those spells with awesome effects at the same time I'm sure will be a harder task for my little laptop D:

Also, bright and Sunny up here on the Sunny Coast too :) Should be at the beach or something but hype consumes the flesh.

OT2 before the 15th?

Well we're set to hit over 2500 posts before the OT is a day old. Given that we have a little more than 5 days left, if we keep up the current pace we'll be over halfway to the post limit (12,500 posts) by launch, though not capped. It's possible, but the prerelease hype gifs and such would have to accelerate the thread much faster to hit cap before launch.

That said, once it launches, traffic will probably spike even more, and we'll almost certainly need an OT2 by the weekend after, if not before.

Realyn

Seriously, if your struggling with perfomance the first thing in your mind should be to turn off shadows completly. Who needs them? Yeah, its nice if your egoshooter has shadows of everything, but it is soooo much cpu perfomance.

injurai

Banned
Well we're set to hit over 2500 posts before the OT is a day old. Given that we have a little more than 5 days left, if we keep up the current pace we'll be over halfway to the post limit (12,500 posts) by launch, though not capped. It's possible, but the prerelease hype gifs and such would have to accelerate the thread much faster to hit cap before launch.

That said, once it launches, traffic will probably spike even more, and we'll almost certainly need an OT2 by the weekend after, if not before.

Is this going to be a new record?

Soule

Not even close! :3 Dark Souls...

How fast did that move? Did it hit the cap before release? Just on Dark Souls I'm so happy they announced the PC release date to be in like August or whenever I was afraid they'd announce it closer to D3 and then I was pretty sure I'd just let it pass by without notice while I was consumed by Diablo

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How fast did that move? Did it hit the cap before release? Just on Dark Souls I'm so happy they announced the PC release date to be in like August or whenever I was afraid they'd announce it closer to D3 and then I was pretty sure I'd just let it pass by without notice while I was consumed by Diablo
|OT1| 09-16-2011
|OT2| 10-08-2011
|OT3| 10-18-2011

It was fucking ridiculous.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So which uniques from past games are going to make appearances? I would assume some of the repeats in D2 will be in here, making for the trifecta in appearances.

HenryHSH

3k in less than 24hours is mad. Another kilo and we're on pace for OT2 at release.
KuGsj.gif

Is there any possible way I could test the game to see how well it'd run on my Mac?

Not at this time. What are your specs?

Yoshichan

Yoshi, I think you're trapped in an unhealthy relationship...
Our relationship is perfectly fine, don't worry about it :3!

You need sleep. You crave it. DON'T YOU?! YOU FILTHY LITTLE WHORE!

*strokes Yoshi's hair* I'm sorry. I love you. Shhhh. Dooo dooo dooo doooo.

HOW DARE YOU CHANGE SMALL DETAILS IN YOUR AVATAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom