• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work Tuesday which sucks.

I'll have to explain to people at work why I look like this:

bonergif.gif

Perma morning wood.

I've got 10 hours of work on Tuesday, but I have Wednesday off. I don't think I'll be able to do anything else that day but play this.

HenryHSH

BattleTag list updated up to #2378. If I missed anyone, please repost.

That was probably me, sorry! I was adding someone quick and then had to leave the computer to do something else before checking what I did. Thinking about it, I think forgot to select only starting with row 4 and below before sorting.

Thanks for clearing it up. I was initially pissed because it seemed like a grief and thought that some entries might have been deleted.

As for empty rows, adding - to the Favorite Class column counts it as a person in the Class Chart. Not sure why we're counting undecided people in the class chart in the first place though. :\

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I will rage if it doesn't get 10s and 11s.

mizuk_i

Not sure if it's been talked about before, but has anyone done any research into the Wizard skill Magic Weapon?

Is it used to boost the Wizard's overall damage, or does it only apply to melee (i.e., actually hitting a monster with the Wizard's weapon)?

It boost all spells.

Hansel

Banned
Would anyone be kind enough to give me one of the "guest pass" codes from their CE so that I can play on the 15th?

I'll gladly give back one of my codes when mine comes in the mail a couple days later.

Also sorry if this is an taboo request. The excitement has made me somewhat desperate.

zlatko

Banned
I've got 10 hours of work on Tuesday, but I have Wednesday off. I don't think I'll be able to do anything else that day but play this.

I wake up 5:30AM, come home at 5PM, so I'm there with you. I'd take the day off, but that same week on Friday I leave for a vacation I had booked off, and won't be back till Monday Midnightish, but that Tuesday is booked off for all D3.

------------------

Also, I went to photobucket today after not using it for like 2-3 weeks, and they had a JUMBO upgrade. Who needs photoshop anymore when photobucket lets me take my avatar I had earlier today and make it look THIS fucking awesome in less than a minute? :D

goldensun

Gaf advice request:

I don't know what to do about this game.

At work, my buddy keeps telling me to get it, about engrossing the beta was. Thing is, I only played the demo of Diablo, never touched Diablo 2, and find Titan Quest and Torchlight a bit boring.

Do I buy anyway?
Yes, I've never played Titan Quest but Torchlight lacked multiplayer, and the loot drop rate didn't feel right. It also lacks the atmosphere D3 has.

All up to you, though. I'd say it's worth a shot. Look at how fast the OT is moving, there's got to be something worthwhile in the game!

bones: Ask yourself if you like finding loot in games, and specializing your character. D3 will also be more actiony and have better and less repetitive combat than other games in the genre. I found TL and TQ boring as well.

mbmonk

Gaf advice request:

At work, my buddy keeps telling me to get it, about engrossing the beta was. Thing is, I only played the demo of Diablo, never touched Diablo 2, and find Titan Quest and Torchlight a bit boring.

Do I buy anyway?

Did you buddies by the CE? If so they have those starter passes that would allow you to try the game before buying. After that point it would be a simple decision.

Caerith

Gaf advice request:

Do I buy anyway?
I found the beta kinda boring actually and spent a few months of it not even logging in. I know I'll probably find the release somewhat boring as well, since it is a lot of *click* *click* *click* gameplay. I have a lot of valid criticisms and reasons not to play D3. But I'm still going to play it and (probably) enjoy it.

Will you play Diablo III if you buy it? If not, then don't.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You want half-assed reviews that cover Normal and ignore most of the game?

Oh wait... Most are going to do that anyway.
Of course I do! It's advertisement to the game, you know :3

Cheech

Based off the beta, I'd be inclined to give the game 8/10. It's Diablo. Doesn't do anything groundbreaking, doesn't drive its genre forward, doesn't contribute anything new to gaming, doesn't have a brilliant story.

However, it's a new Diablo, and I'll play it for MONTHS to come, and not completely put it down for years. Some games are just review-proof, and great regardless of objective quality.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Question for my D3/Gamestop midnight homies.

My gf bought me D3 on Gamestop with the pick-up in store option so I can go at midnight. She's got work early in the morning so she isn't going to go with me. Will I still be able to pick it up OK as long as I bring in the order receipt/my ID or do I need to bring her credit card and all that jazz?

Yoshichan

That's actually quite hilarious.

sazzy

Need GAF-advice:

1. 720p max settings, 40-45 fps

vs.

2. 1080p medium settings, 25-30 fps

Which should I go for? With the beta I kept switching between these two every few days. On the one hand, I love the sharpness of 1080p. On the other hand, high fps is a brainer for massive mob fights.

Dunno what to do.

Based off the beta, I'd be inclined to give the game 8/10. It's Diablo. Doesn't do anything groundbreaking, doesn't drive its genre forward, doesn't contribute anything new to gaming, doesn't have a brilliant story.

However, it's a new Diablo, and I'll play it for MONTHS to come, and not completely put it down for years. Some games are just review-proof, and great regardless of objective quality.

The beta was a fraction of act 1 on normal difficulty. You could get through the content in a half hour. It was more of a stress test than a beta. And just cause a game isn't ground-breaking doesn't mean it can't get 9s and 10s. Also, the skill rune system is a huge addition to the genre. How active and fun D3's combat will be is going to drive the genre forward, compared to what we've been accustomed to with D2 and spamming one or two skills a million times.

Need GAF-advice:

vs.

Which should I go for? With the beta I kept switching between these two every few days. On the one hand, I love the sharpness of 1080p. On the other hand, high fps is a brainer for massive mob fights.

Dunno what to do.
1080p, at least the first playthrough. I'd keep it 1080p forever as fps doesn't faze me unless it hits the low 20s/teens. Just depends which camp you're in when it comes to fps.

If you're making a hardcore character then maybe 720p.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Need GAF-advice:

vs.

Dunno what to do.

If you're gonna play HC...go for fps.

KaYotiX

Banned
Question for my D3/Gamestop midnight homies.

My gf bought me D3 on Gamestop with the pick-up in store option so I can go at midnight. She's got work early in the morning so she isn't going to go with me. Will I still be able to pick it up OK as long as I bring in the order receipt/my ID or do I need to bring her credit card and all that jazz?

id bring everything just in case.Dont want to show up and not beable to take it home. Never know what the employees will do.

oh and DIABLO!!!! WHOOOOOO!! Heh

FinKL

Need GAF-advice:

vs.

Dunno what to do.

1080p for the first playthrough then 720p perm. 25-30fps is not that bad, dipping below 20fps is where I draw the line.

LProtag

All of a sudden I'm suddenly interested in this game. I don't even know if my crappy 3 year old Macbook Pro can run it though, probably not good at all.

Argh, stupid hype machine.

Soule

So fucking close.
Finished the Book Of Cain.

Re-reading now ;<
Ugh, I ordered mine off amazon (along with a new headset, mousepad and the guide that comes with that sweet bookmark [yes I mainly bought the guide for the bookmark :\]) and it's not going to arrive until after I get the game... won't be the same once I'm balls deep in the actually game D:

I've had it sitting there staring at me for the last couple of weeks. I guess I should read it before D3 comes out hahaha.
Dunno how u do it haha I was in the local EB and was reading it like I was in a library until the an employee was giving me stink eye so I left before I was told to buy it or piss off. Love the lore.

Yoshichan

First 1080p.

Then 720p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom