• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realyn

Talking about items. I'm torn apart about watching item stats on Monday. I mean, at some point I'll see the stats in chats or wherever, there is no harm done if I see those stats on Monday, right ... right?

So which uniques from past games are going to make appearances? I would assume some of the repeats in D2 will be in here, making for the trifecta in appearances.

Yes there are repeats and they seem to have different stats and look different of course. For example, Wizardspike is a lvl 60 dagger that looks badass and glows and has huge dps (we only know the lvl and dps, they're not putting up the stats till release).

Talking about items. I'm torn apart about watching item stats on Monday. I mean, at some point I'll see the stats in chats or wherever, there is no harm done if I see those stats on Monday, right ... right?
why? we're so close, don't ruin it. Spoiling loot stats for yourself would suck, especially for the uniques and sets.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i modded mine a little too, yo
Added dat sharpness (and possibly the frame around it), I see?!

Fuck, I think I need another 2 hours of sleep soon :lol... I'm getting weak, but it's normal. The closer we get to release, the weaker we get... right zlatko? RIGHT ZLATKO?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Torchlight was my first true loot fest, and I never played a Diablo, but I'm going to cop D3 day one.

I don't even have a B.net account yet. Having paid zero attention to the class selection, I'll probably play Wizard.

So yeah, should be fun.

I wasn't too thrilled with the Intel HD 3000 graphics on my Mac mini when I ran the open beta. I didn't even get 20 fps.

I won't be playing this game on launch though should I consider getting the Ivy Bridge mini or step it up to an IB iMac?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Torchlight was my first true loot fest, and I never played a Diablo, but I'm going to cop D3 day one.

I don't even have a B.net account yet. Having paid zero attention to the class selection, I'll probably play Wizard.

So yeah, should be fun.

Oh man, you are in for a treat, Torchlight had horrible loot.

Junie12

Shit, looks like I have to d/l the installer again.

I have to give away my PC to my cousin since he needs it for college.

Which means I have to connect my old PC again..

Great...

Soule

Yes there are repeats and they seem to have different stats and look different of course. For example, Wizardspike is a lvl 60 dagger that looks badass and glows and has huge dps (we only know the lvl and dps, they're not putting up the stats till release).

why? we're so close, don't ruin it. Spoiling loot stats for yourself would suck, especially for the uniques and sets.

Knowledge is power! I'm totally digging in and looking around when I get the chance.

maharg

idspispopd
I wasn't too thrilled with the Intel HD 3000 graphics on my Mac mini when I ran the open beta. I didn't even get 20 fps.

I won't be playing this game on launch though should I consider getting the Ivy Bridge mini or step it up to an IB iMac?

Keep in mind all HD3000 are not created equal. i3 i5 and i7 all have what they call HD3000 but they get better with the more expensive chips. Also, you have to make absolutely sure you have your power saving settings sane. On my i7 laptop it was pretty crappy until I discovered that there were some BIOS power stepping features that were kicking in even while plugged in and against the settings of the OS. All that fixed it hovered pretty cleanly around 30fps with most things set to medium.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Would that make OT4 Inferno? I don't think we'll survive it... :(
We know most people will get stuck and stop playing on nightmare, so we might as-well stop on |OT2| :_:

Soule

Embarrassed to admit that I'm strongly considering doing the same thing...

Haha, here in Aus it starts at 5pm. I'm considering staying up all night, buying the game from the store coming home installing it and then sleeping until like 4 or 5, that's a bit more embarrassing to admit D: still not sure though, I only came up with it when my friend was saying he was so excited that he cant really sleep and I was thinking I'll be like that the night before.

Keep in mind all HD3000 are not created equal. i3 i5 and i7 all have what they call HD3000 but they get better with the more expensive chips. Also, you have to make absolutely sure you have your power saving settings sane. On my i7 laptop it was pretty crappy until I discovered that there were some BIOS power stepping features that were kicking in even while plugged in and against the settings of the OS. All that fixed it hovered pretty cleanly around 30fps with most things set to medium.

Yeah this was the base model mini; 2.3 GHz i5. At the time I bought it, I wasn't sure I was even going to get D3 since it didn't have a concrete release date. The mid-range mini with the AMD 6630M with 256 MB of VRAM would have obviously been a better choice. Being that I waited a long time for this game (as did everyone else) I want to be able to play it as smooth as possible with high framerate.

I am not made of money though so I have to see how things go before I plunk down my money.

Gav47

I discovered that there were some BIOS power stepping features that were kicking in even while plugged in and against the settings of the OS

I think this happens on all laptops. If you take that plugged in and on High performance = 100% of your laptops performance then High performance + unplugged ≈ 80% and balanced + unplugged ≈ 60%.

Ainaurdur

See, if we hit OT2 early, I'll have to push the subtitle I wanted for that back to OT3 or later and have to come up with something new.

THIS IS A PROBLEM

*wink*

I take this as a challenge to fight harder. The Dark Souls threads were brought up earlier, surely we can match them.

edit: Glad Yoshi and I were thinking the same thing. :D

Yoshichan

ugh, im in that mode where there's nothing i want to play because im just too hyped for this game.
This. This. This.

I just (literally) 15 minutes ago told my WoW-guild goodbye. I could've easily raided with them tomorrow and the day after that, but the D3 hype is taking way too much of my time :_:

Soule

This will probably end up being all too true :(

I'm not too worried about that, I reckon this'll be more popular than D2 and that had way more than enough people there for years, there's still plenty of people on there now. Even if not everyone embraces their inner loot whore there'll still be tons of people if they even a fraction as dedicated as the D2 peeps.

Realyn

My planning:

Monday
-13:00 go shopping. Get a bunch of Red Bull(even tho I HATE that stuff.), snacks and maybe a pizza or two. Then go to sleep.
-20:00 get up. Go to Gym.
Tuesday
- 00:01 let it start.
- 00:30 SC done and starting HC.
- 01:30 first HC death in the first zone after the SK.
- 01:30-01:40 raging.
- 6:00 30 minute Powernap.
- 10:00 finish normal. Die Diablo!!111.
-13:00 ordering some fast food(Döner)
-Play until 16:00 or until the login server crashes
-sleep until 22:00 or so, whenever the servers are back up.

fuck it, I'm rdy!

scy

I'm not too worried about that, I reckon this'll be more popular than D2 and that had way more than enough people there for years, there's still plenty of people on there now. Even if not everyone embraces their inner loot whore there'll still be tons of people if they even a fraction as dedicated as the D2 peeps.

True. I'm just anticipating a lot of people whining about difficulty :x

My planning is real easy.

Work full time job.
Play game.
Sleep

Yup.

injurai

Banned
ugh, im in that mode where there's nothing i want to play because im just too hyped for this game.

I'm passing the time by leveling a Trapsin. I forgot just how time consuming a single play through of this game can be. All those random levels and need to clear each room.

scy

Haha that'll be a refreshing change from the beta where people were whining about the difficulty, wait wha-

lol, true enough. We already had some complaints about Inferno and all we had were some pretty low stats released!

Junie12

This is the most important part! PROMISE ME TO RAGE IN THIS THREAD!

Oh I plan to
ihJVliJQS4HcM.gif

Yoshichan

Haha that'll be a refreshing change from the beta where people were whining about the difficulty, wait wha-
Speaking of people whining about the difficulty... where's duckroll :3 Is he still ignoring this thread?

Riggs

Banned
Added dat sharpness (and possibly the frame around it), I see?!

Fuck, I think I need another 2 hours of sleep soon :lol... I'm getting weak, but it's normal. The closer we get to release, the weaker we get... right zlatko? RIGHT ZLATKO?

Soon as release hits though you will gain instant strength. The most undercore always do.

Soule

Mmmmm inferno, I plan on mainly playing with my irl friends but if they can't keep up I'll be begging my GAF brothers to help me cause that's somewhere I wanna venture with some bros

Realyn

This is the most important part! PROMISE ME TO RAGE IN THIS THREAD!

will do will do. Wanna take bets at which level my first char bites the dust? I just know it will be to an lightning enchanted fucker.

edit: dont forget, I'll let a stream run. You can see the rage live!in color!

Wunder

Jesus. Just had a long discussion/argument with my brother about D3's skill system as well as the difficulty. I really, really hope D3 doesn't disappoint, I'm super excited for Nephalem's Valor, the different unique mechanics and the artisans and all that stuff. I honestly can't wait for some boss encounters. Thinking back to Diablo 2, a lot of the boss encounters basically devolved into just hitting the guy, I wonder if it'll change significantly.

Riggs

Banned
Trying to decide if I should go barbarian/shield and take all the dmgz or just go full dps barbarian with 2h or dual wield. Tear shit up!

Yoshichan

will do will do. Wanna take bets at which level my first char bites the dust? I just know it will be to an lightning enchanted fucker.
Lightning enchanted assholes are really the worst kind and it wouldn't surprise me if that'll be the cause of your first HC death :( I think you'll breeze through 1-13, but as soon as you start reaching "new content", then you'll start having trouble. My estimated guess is between level 17-20.

God bless your soul!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom