• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Mmmmm inferno, I plan on mainly playing with my irl friends but if they can't keep up I'll be begging my GAF brothers to help me cause that's somewhere I wanna venture with some bros

Same; my plans were basically Monk/Wizard duoing through the difficulties. Can't wait to get into it.

Excellent! No one should be shy describing their rage stories :3

I'm basically going to be living vicariously through this thread. I demand updates!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Trying to decide if I should go barbarian/shield and take all the dmgz or just go full dps barbarian with 2h or dual wield. Tear shit up!
Just the thought of running around as an insanely fast barbarian, dual wielding axes, going all frenzy on everything that's even remotely close to you, constantly dealing strikes faster than the wind, while regenerating health and rage as you hit over and over and over and over and over again.

FUCK.
Do it. Do it. Do it.

injurai

Banned
I'm gunna duck out early tonight, staying up for that OT wrecked my day. Tis fun though.

OT2 drops from the same TCs as OT1 but it has a higher probability of dropping from the higher TCs. So it has the same loot with better odds.

I'll take it!!!

Trickster

will do will do. Wanna take bets at which level my first char bites the dust? I just know it will be to an lightning enchanted fucker.

edit: dont forget, I'll let a stream run. You can see the rage live!in color!

Depends on how experienced you are from D2. But I'dimagine that you will probably die towards the end of normal on your first try.

Soule

Excellent! No one should be shy describing their rage stories :3

I won't be going HC straight away but I'll definitely go there pretty early on, maybe after normal? I dunno but I know my friends are keen to go there and so am I, but first I wanna rack up some repair bills so if I'm not dying I'm just gonna keep truckin'

Firemind

I just got one-shot by Mephisto on normal HC! To be fair, I was pretty reckless, but still! Your deeds of valor shall not be remembered.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do we know if all class can deal with Inferno?

I just don't want to pick one to end up the underdog in groups. :(
All classes will be able to clean inferno eventually. Choose the class you think will be the funnest!

Soule

Do we know if all class can deal with Inferno?

I just don't want to pick one to end up the underdog in groups. :(

They should all be viable, also Jay Wilson has said inferno should be soloable so that would be a good (painful) test.

injurai

Banned
This would be hilarious, but in a world where people can reach the Pacman killscreen it seems unlikely.

oh a mod!!!

AeM3P.png

would this be fine as an avatar?

Yoshichan

Soule

omg the
Nagelring
is back
Haha just like a week ago, 2 of them dropped and my friend got BOTH such a speedy ninja it's like he caught it both times before it hit the ground. Thank god for the new loot system.
Anyone that says that inferno can be cleared by each class is just wrong.

The Truth... none of them can MUAHAHAHAHA

All equally underbalanced, awesome.

I can't wait to get the ancients skill with my barb, fucking brilliant idea for a skill. Everyone loved the badass ancients in d2 and now we can have them on our side. Nerdgasm. Still haven't watched any videos of the skill (assuming there is one), I wanna see it myself the first time. I'll be using the rune that boosts the whirlwind ancient because he's epic.

Yoshichan

I can't wait to get the ancients skill with my barb, fucking brilliant idea for a skill. Everyone loved the badass ancients in d2 and now we can have them on our side. Nerdgasm. Still haven't watched any videos of the skill (assuming there is one), I wanna see it myself the first time. I'll be using the rune that boosts the whirlwind ancient because he's epic.
People should just admit that they loved the Ancients-quest because of the quest reward!

-> No actual spoilers ->
Yes, I'm still mad salty over my HC death against those three assholes.

Le-mo

Ok, gaf. I am not excited for Diablo III at all since I've never played the previous versions, but my friends are urging me to get the game. Before I do I have a few questions I would like answers to. Is the main storyline SP and Co-op? Is there a separate online mode where people from all over the world congregate to do missions, grind and PVP? I heard you can sell the items you find in the game and sell it for real money, is this true?

Yoshichan

I was just wondering! I thought duckroll really liked the game, and that his only gripe with the (1-13 content) was that it's too easy... maybe I'm wrong though.

G'night Riggs!

People should just admit that they loved the Ancients-quest because of the quest reward!

-> No actual spoilers ->
Yes, I'm still mad salty over my HC death against those three assholes.

For an untwinked character they were definitely hard. No shame in getting slain by those 3 legendary warriors. T'was a good death.

Yoshichan

Is the main storyline SP and Co-op?
SP & co-op, yeah. You choose whether you want to play the campaign with friends or not. There is "only" the campaign. There are no co-op specific missions.
Will come in future patches (Blizzard have said that their plan is to release it before the end of the year).
I heard you can sell the items you find in the game and sell it for real money, is this true?
This is true. Read the OP :)

Soule

For an untwinked character they were definitely hard. No shame in getting slain by those 3 legendary warriors. T'was a good death.

No shame, plenty of rage tho! From what I recall he was pretty high level when his HC died to them >_<

Yoshichan

Weird. I don't think I ever really had much of a problem with the Ancients. Not like Duriel, anyways.
I'm just really angry about it because it was my first HC death. It was on nightmare, I was unprepared and I did lots of mistake. I'll never forget what I did to my monitor that day ._.

Chris R

Did anyone play the beta off a USB stick? Wondering if the game needs to transfer too much data to stick it on there since my MBA is running lowish on space after I installed The Witcher.

Wunder

Ok, gaf. I am not excited for Diablo III at all since I've never played the previous versions, but my friends are urging me to get the game. Before I do I have a few questions I would like answers to. Is the main storyline SP and Co-op? Is there a separate online mode where people from all over the world congregate to do missions, grind and PVP? I heard you can sell the items you find in the game and sell it for real money, is this true?

1) The game is based off a main questline that your character follows, each instance of the game you join can be completely single player or you can have friends join in. If you want, it can be open to the public as well. You'll find yourself repeating certain questlines sometimes if you leave the game midway through a chapter but that's something you will have to get used to, as the Diablo franchise is quite repetitive.

2) Diablo, like almost all current-day Blizzard games, uses Battle.net as it's online service and requires users to be online to access the basic services. When you log in you'll see your characters and a few menus to select where in the questline you want to start as well as with what character.

3) There is a Real Money Auction House as well as an Auction House in the game where you can spend gold or 'Blizzard Bucks' to gain items to equip your character with. You can also put up your own items for real money and I believe you can take those profits and cash out to gain actual cash in hand.

Junie12

I'm just really angry about it because it was my first HC death. It was on nightmare, I was unprepared and I did lots of mistake. I'll never forget what I did to my monitor that day ._.

This is why I have some stress relief balls, so I don't do stuff like this :lol

Yoshichan

twinked or untwinked? I found them tough and died a bunch unless i was an hdin or another OP build
My first HC char was 100% clean, no twinking, no hacks, no nothing :3

Le-mo

SP & co-op, yeah. You choose whether you want to play the campaign with friends or not. There is "only" the campaign. There are no co-op specific missions.

Will come in future patches (Blizzard's said the plan is to release it before the end of the year).
PVP?
Is there a limit on how many friends I can play with? So there is no way to play with other people who aren't on your friends list? I thought it would have a separate MMO mode where you could play with players from the rest of the world. Kind of like an MMORPG.

Cipherr

The servers are opening at midnight Pacific right? (in the US)

Also I just remembered this thread is probably gonna get community forum'd eventually.

Soule

Is the main storyline SP and Co-op? Is there a separate online mode where people from all over the world congregate to do missions, grind and PVP?

The main storyline is the same regardless of if you play it on your own or other people join your game, there is no separate online mode, you can create a private game and play on your own or have friends join your game which will increase the difficulty of monsters (or you could join their game which would pretty much be the same). There isn't a shared MMO overworld where you can see people, 4 people max per each game created. When you close the game and say join another persons game it won't be exactly the same as maps have random qualities to it and there are random events that aren't always in every game.

PVP will be separate in an arena format to be included sometime after the launch of the game, hopefully that makes sense as it isn't quite the same as many other online games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom