• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is there a limit on how many friends I can play with? So there is no way to play with other people who aren't on your friends list? I thought it would have a separate MMO mode where you could play with players from the rest of the world. Kind of like an MMORPG.
You can play with 3 other people (4 total in a server). You can play with anyone. Here's the procedure:

1: You create a game
2: You open the game to public or make it private to your friends
3: Enjoy slaying demons and collecting bad ass loot

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Also I just remembered this thread is probably gonna get community forum'd eventually.
Community GAF = Best GAF imo :3 It's where all the hardcore players are!

Le-mo

Alright, thanks for the fast respond guys. Think I might just pull the trigger and jump in. Happy looting, I guess.

Yoshichan

I'm not sure I understand why anyone would play an HC character and then proceed to cheat. Self defeating isn't it?
Oh, if you only knew how silly some (and with some, I mean MOST) Diablo 2-players are ♥
Was it a reaction like this:

or this: *
Back then, I was nowhere near as crazy as I am today :3 But yeah, those videos are fairly accurate of my behavior when it happened!

Yoshichan

Alright, thanks for the fast respond guys. Think I might just pull the trigger and jump in. Happy looting, I guess.
There's no guessing here, this is the game you've been waiting for, whether you know it or not. It'll be an experience you'll never forget!

Soule

Anyone else having trouble connecting to the diablo reveal site? I wanna get the sigils I missed but I'm getting a 503 error when I try to connect.

I guess this is a timely reminder to people that missed it earlier that you can get sigils for each class for like another week or so.

injurai

Banned
Just did the calculations and I have given Blizzard around $560. I have also given Valve about $700 when you add in the 30% cut that they get of each sale.

Yoshichan

Damn, I said I was going to sleep like 30 minutes ago... I'm doing it again Yoshi :/
If you're tired then you should go to bed!

See Hazaro, I can do it as-well :D!

Ainaurdur

I want to buy this I really do.

I was god awful at Diablo 2 though, I didn't even get far into it.

I encourage you to get it. You say you want to. You enjoyed what you played of D2, right? This is a chance to start fresh, learn new things and improve your skills! Most important thing is to have fun anyway.

Go for it.

Yoshichan

Just did the calculations and I have given Blizzard around $560. I have also given Valve about $700 when you add in the 30% cut that they get of each sale.
$560? Hmm, let me calculate that for a second...

All right, I'm done! Based on my calculations, this means you're 560% more bad-ass in my book!

Le-mo

Last question, I see there's a link to download the game in the OP. How does it work? I download it now and pay for a CD-key on the release date?

Yoshichan

Screw monk builds! Give me a barb build that destroys monks instead! Once PvP arrives, I want that match up to be FRAAAAAYYYY.

Soule

Anyone else bought a mouse for this game? My Deathadder was on the way out so I picked up a Logitech G700.

I've ordered another logitech G9, I'm using one now but it's looking pretty haggard so I'm anticipating its death in the not too distant future. I won't have it until like next month though but since it's the same I don't really need to worry much.

Was tempted to get the fnatic sensei for the vain reason of it matching my fnatic 7h.

FexQg.jpg
BAqeh.jpg

Yoshichan

Last question, I see there's a link to download the game in the OP. How does it work? I download it now and pay for a CD-key on the release date?
You download the game in the OP. Once you've patched the game, you need to buy the game. Grab the CD-key and that'll be it!

Make sure to register an account on Battle.net if you haven't done it already. You need a battletag to play the game, you might as-well do that before the game launches.

Yoshichan

Enjoy dying and relying on health orbs homie.

Monks will have burst evasion of like 95%.
Fuck man, why do you keep playing dem god tier classes/races/characters.

-> no actual spoilers ->
I'll be stacking up DAT INCREASED HEALTH GLOBE RADIUS, boy!

j/k lawl

Le-mo

You download the game in the OP. Once you've patched the game, you need to buy the game. Grab the CD-key and that'll be it!

Make sure to register an account on Battle.net if you haven't done it already. You need a battletag to play the game, you might as-well do that before the game launches.

So I still need to buy a physical copy of the game for the CD-key. There's no way to just get the CD-key online from Blizzard?

Yoshichan

So I still need to buy a physical copy of the game for the CD-key. There's no way to just get the CD-key online from Blizzard?
You can buy the game digitally, I think? The only "digital" way I'm aware of is the annual pass-thingy~

edit: nevermind, I just checked it out. You can buy the digital copy on Battle.net

The Chef

This thread is hilarious. I had no intention of getting this damn game. Never played the other ones...but this thread has me crazy hyped for it, and I dont even know wtf it even is.

Arcteryx

Go to your account on Battle.net, click on purchase D3, $59.99

This thread is hilarious. I had no intention of getting this damn game. Never played the other ones...but this thread has me crazy hyped hahaha.
Yea I'll be honest, I was going to wait a couple months before even considering picking it up...but yea, not gonna happen now. Pre-ordered and ready to go.

Soule

Never played the other ones...but this thread has me crazy hyped for it, and I dont even know wtf it even is.

Missing out dawg! You should definitely hit up someone for a guest pass or starter pack or whatever they're called when we get the games in our hands.

G-Fex

I encourage you to get it. You say you want to. You enjoyed what you played of D2, right? This is a chance to start fresh, learn new things and improve your skills! Most important thing is to have fun anyway.

Go for it.

I will. Thanks guys.

I can't wait to hang out in this thread.

scy

My Monk for higher difficulties.

I'd probably sub Sanc for Dashing Strike until Inferno.

I assume Boon of Protection on Mantra? It's that or Circular Breathing, I suppose. Pretty similar build though. A little more offensive focused on mine but the on-Crit ones are also kind of there until I get a feel for my actual crit rate.

Edit: Actually, depending on how BoP (...) on MoH works, I'd probably go Time of Need's broad damage reduction instead.

Not entirely sold on slotting healing (I know, I know!) but the Spirit Generation buff on it just seems too damn good to not get it. I want to give Blinding Flash + Mantra of Evasion a try but it just doesn't seem worth it come Inferno, really.

Screw monk builds! Give me a barb build that destroys monks instead! Once PvP arrives, I want that match up to be FRAAAAAYYYY.

Oh you.

hyduK

Banned
Ugh. So I'm really torn on if I want to jump right into hardcore. I mean, I know it's what I'll spend my time with eventually, but going in blind seems like a bit of a waste of time. I'm imagining playing D2 (post 1.10) through on HC, and it being my first time...I doubt I would have made it through Hell not knowing what was ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom