• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soule

My Cousin said:
I don't think I've ever been so excited in my life for something fucken hurry up Tuesday afternoon!!

Just received this text from my cousin, haven't seen him really play games in literally years and we used to game together all the time when we were young, especially Diablo 2

*sniff*

Diablo is bringing my family back together :')

I will destroy him when PvP is patched in.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Junie12

Man I wish I can make a build right now..

But no, I told myself I would have a complete black out of the game. I must be strong!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I assume Boon of Protection on Mantra? It's that or Circular Breathing, I suppose. Pretty similar build though. A little more offensive focused on mine but the on-Crit ones are also kind of there until I get a feel for my actual crit rate.

Edit: Actually, depending on how BoP (...) on MoH works, I'd probably go Time of Need's broad damage reduction instead.

Not entirely sold on slotting healing (I know, I know!) but the Spirit Generation buff on it just seems too damn good to not get it. I want to give Blinding Flash + Mantra of Evasion a try but it just doesn't seem worth it come Inferno, really.
Breather or 620hp/s. Dunno until I get there on harder difficulties and how much % that is per level.

Cyclone is worthless imo. Tiny %based damage only on crits is no good. Might even sub the skill for something else if mobs die really fast, we'll see :)

Stun also becomes super less effective on anything that you want to use it on, so I'd double the DPS of WoL by reducing its cost to 40. Also lets me burst heal on demand for 2400 HP.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Bread

Banned
Would an iMac from 2007 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo, 1gb memory play this game? I don't care if it's on the lowest settings. I don't have any problems playing CSS or Oblivion on my vista partition if that means anything.

Ainaurdur

Just received this text from my cousin, haven't seen him really play games in literally years and we used to game together all the time when we were young, especially Diablo 2

*sniff*

Diablo is bringing my family back together :')

I will destroy him when PvP is patched in.

That is great. Just reminded me I need to check in with one of my friends who used to play D2. Have a feeling getting into D3 now will be difficult for her, she has since gained a husband and two young daughters. XD

Yoshichan

I'm terrified, I want this game - but I also want to be successful in life. Can I do both?
If you become successful in this game, then you've succeeded in life.

edit: :D Soule ♥

Ploid 3.0

It is from one of the fan art submissions. And I would link it, but getting error messages when trying to access the reveal site right now.

Thanks.

Man Blizzard is going all out with this site. Working on my Witch Doctor setup and it's like I'm a kid in a candy store.

Sephirus

vGErx.png

I don't know why it's taken me so long to post my Battletag info but damn if I'm not super hyped for this game.

GAF: Sephirus
Battletag: Sephirus#1627
Region: US-West
Class: WZ

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So what should I replace? Like I said I'm pretty new and never featured that far in Diablo 2, seems like it should work but I really have no idea what to look for.
Synergy in skills/runes is the main thing.

If you have lots of CD skills with high mana costs, maximize your return with mana regen and CD lowering runes.

I'd love to do more, but I shouldn't even be lurking the thread atm.

Yoshichan

So what should I replace? Like I said I'm pretty new and never featured that far in Diablo 2, seems like it should work but I really have no idea what to look for.
We can't be positive for sure... Once you die (over and over and over again), you'll be able to experiment and adapt to your situation!

traveler

Not Wario
Post well thought out builds!

Most of these builds were built under the assumption that I would be playing with my friends, who could fulfill different roles in higher difficulties.

Backlash Monk- Tank by dodging everything; deeps through backlash procs-
Dread Bomb Berserker- Generate tons of fury- ideally while in berserker form- then dump it all into a dread bomb weapon throw.
Support Witch Doctor- Buff your allies and CC your foes. When you can't do either, spam your most expensive damage spell- locust swarm, made possible by the cd heavy skillset and vision quest. (Can you have multiple sets of locust swarm ticking down on the same target? Might need switching out if not)
..and just for fun Dog Detonator- Spam sacrifice all day. I'm not sure if you can use sacrifice to detonate the runed zombie charger for a chance at another dog, but it would be sweet. Note the synergy between final gift, lots o dying dogs, and gruesome feast.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Oh boy i cant wait this weekend ima curl up in bed and light some candles and read the book of cain and then i may do other things but mostly that

Yoshichan

It looks more bad ass this way. The light flame effect and the graininess. That epic struggle for the Monk with hell and Diablo.
I'm getting used to it! Also, don't miss out my post about monks being FREE.
Screw monk builds! Give me a barb build that destroys monks instead! Once PvP arrives, I want that match up to be FRAAAAAYYYY.

scy

Breather or 620hp/s. Dunno until I get there on harder difficulties and how much % that is per level.

When I slotted BoP, it read to me like a pulsing thing. Think it's the DAoC memories that made me think of it as a pseudo-PBT.

Cyclone is worthless imo. Tiny %based damage only on crits is no good. Might even sub the skill for something else if mobs die really fast, we'll see :)

The entire skill feels like the weak link in the build. I like the sound of Cyclone but, yeah, it doesn't seem that great on paper. This is the ability (/rune) I had in mind when I said I need to get some hands on time. It just doesn't seem to stack up all that well as "just" 20% WD but, at the same time, something about it seems enticing.

Stun also becomes super less effective on anything that you want to use it on, so I'd double the DPS of WoL by reducing its cost to 40. Also lets me burst heal on demand for 2400 HP.

Dropping WoL's cost just doesn't seem like it's worth it with the kind of (theoretical) Spirit Generation. Then again, WoL doesn't have a cooldown either so making it more spam friendly is kind of a big deal. Dunno.

As for Stun, we'll see. I didn't want to go without any kind of CC, even pseudo-CC in the form of a stun (a Crit stun at that). Pretty much depends entirely on the crit rate and DR we're looking at.

Basically, both the on-Crit Runes are there with an assumed >50% Crit Rate for Inferno.

Ainaurdur

Thanks.

Man Blizzard is going all out with this site. Working on my Witch Doctor setup and it's like I'm a kid in a candy store.

And I must say, there are many more great options to choose from in there. I might be finding and picking new ones on a regular basis. This current one stood out to me though. Really liked the mood and composition of it.

Soule

Am I the only one who wishes they'd swap inferno and hell titles around? To me Hell sounds so much more daunting and also it's always been the hardest difficulty :mad:

I still don't understand people making melee characters in HC. It's all about the pet classes, especially when you don't know anything about the game. Going to laugh if iron maiden is in the game and HC barbs/monks die instantly the first time around.

Yoshichan

Soj, tyreals, andys, magefists and frostburns, a lot of the set armor, other random uniques, etc. are already up on the battle.net armory thing.

Link for anyone interested.
I've been on an item media blackout, but I honestly couldn't resist clicking that link.

cMo6F.png

I am drooling right now.

I honestly can't decide on any builds definitively right now. I need to play with all the skills and runes before I make up my mind.

Even then, you have to question whether you go for a specific "theme", a defensive build, AoE build, Single Target, or just all-around general purpose.

You definitely need to have a resource generating primary spam skill, an AoE button, and something defensive - either movement-related or an "oh-shit!" armor/evade/whatever button.

After that you can balance it any which way and probably be successful.

It'll definitely be interesting to see kooky builds, like a Demon Hunter that does no direct damage: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#SYXdVk!fUX!abccab

Yoshichan

I think that's the best I can do at lvl 30 with a Wizard build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WcXdSh!Xac!ZZaaaZ

Everything used as skill is put into melee range so it makes sense. I'm kinda iffy about this idea but I want to make it work.
It's definitely improving. The fact that your restricting yourself to level 30 isn't helping this situation at all, haha!

edit: since you have Prodigy (passive spell), how are you gonna spend all that Arcane Power? I think the problem with your build right now is that you won't be able to use all of your arcane power.

Yoshichan

Durability on rings? What the what?
Haha, I didn't even notice that! Odd... I don't recall rings having durability in the beta?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah, along with spirit regen on item and massive legendary item mods, it'll be interesting how things play out.

Still, that Monk build feels invincible with all that regen/damage reduction and on top of that should have some nice DPS.
I honestly can't decide on any builds definitively right now. I need to play with all the skills and runes before I make up my mind.

Even then, you have to question whether you go for a specific "theme", a defensive build, AoE build, Single Target, or just all-around general purpose.

You definitely need to have a resource generating primary spam skill, an AoE button, and something defensive - either movement-related or an "oh-shit!" armor/evade/whatever button.

It'll definitely be interesting to see kooky builds, like a Demon Hunter that does no direct damage: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#SYXdVk!fUX!abccab
Discipline comes back way to goddamn slow to have everything listed be super effective in use.

scy

If I don't theorycraft now, I'll break down. True story.

Yoshichan

I could make a better build at max level easy. I guess I'll carry around two sets of a MH/OH. :)
Well needless to say, color me interested! Keep me updated, I'll definitely want to check this out later on.

Yeah, along with spirit regen on item and massive legendary item mods, it'll be interesting how things play out.

Still, that Monk build feels invincible with all that regen/damage reduction and on top of that should have some nice DPS.

Discipline comes back way to goddamn slow to have everything listed be super effective in use.

It wasn't meant to be a good build. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom