• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Still can't decide if I want to use WD as my solo character and DH as my 'friends' character or the other way around. It's a big decision since my solo character is likely to hit the cap first.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If you pre-ordered the Collector's Edition here, you get the limited edition guide book for free. And since I'm able to get two CEs on launch, hopefully I can pick up two of those fine books :3

zlatko

Banned
My build will be done naturally.

90% of it will occur while listening to Guile's Theme, and the other 10% will occur listening to Push It To the Limit.

A more bad ass Monk could not exist if it tried.

The Battletag List is updated up to this post.

Back to builds:

What will be really fun is tailoring builds to multiplayer games - different people might cover different niches. So you'd have the AoE-centric guy, the Single-Target guy, the more Defensive character (Monks mainly), etc. So you can compromise your own character on some aspects so long as the group is overall strong.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
One for the toilet and one for the coffee table?
I will send one to a GAFer, of course :)
90% of it will occur while listening to Guile's Theme, and the other 10% will occur listening to Push It To the Limit.
You're not gonna listen to both at the same time? And here I was, thinking you're undercore, man :(

scy

What will be really fun is tailoring builds to multiplayer games - different people might cover different niches. So you'd have the AoE-centric guy, the Single-Target guy, the more Defensive character (Monks mainly), etc. So you can compromise your own character on some aspects so long as the group is overall strong.

That's the final tweaking for my build. My Monk is planned to be chained to a Wizard, basically, so once that build gets sorted out, I'll figure out what I need to change.

zlatko

Banned
I will send one to a GAFer, of course :)

You're not gonna listen to both at the same time? And here I was, thinking you're undercore, man :(

DON'T YOU QUESTION MY UNDERCORENESS MOTHER FUCKER~! I LIVE, BREATHE, DIE UNDERCORE FOR LIFE! I HAVE A TATTOO OF 1CC ON MY LEFT ASS CHEEK AND DAVID HASSELHOFF ON MY RIGHT!

Not at the same time though. 90% of the leveling process guile, 10% of the leveling process push it to the limit, probably the last level or two to get over that final grind.

Yoshichan

Finally decided to make my own D3 avatar, it was quick and dirty :p
Wow, Leah looks completely different with glasses...!

BobDylan

well I never thought id see the day. I tried to not hype myself up for this game and told myself I probably wouldnt buy it. my bday is on sunday and I have a two week break from school starting monday. I dont think much more needs to be said. DIABLO OR DIE

Yoshichan

zlatko, I sure learned my lesson :_:!

What happened to "15 hours of away from this thread" btw? :3

Tangentially related:

Bashiok said:
Contrary to a lot of rumors floating about, I have not been delayed. Wait, what? Bioshock? nnnnoooooOOOOOO!!

And I decided that I probably won't update the OP until tomorrow. I have some things in already in a page where I'm editing, but I have more I need to do and I'd rather just get it all out at once rather than in smaller increments.

I am greatly intrigued by how physical weapons are now going to impact spell casters.

In the beta, Damage Per Second seemed to be a designated dominant stat for weapons, which made daggers seemingly very effective. But for spells that are Damage Over Time, it seems slow two handed weapons will be preferable as you do your damage once and then sustain according to the actual skill, so weapon speed isn't very important. Casters who do a lot of these DOT spells (Witch Doctor mainly with Firebats and Gasp of the Dead etc, Wizard also) might ignore the DPS stat and mine for the slow big hitters.

/Remembers the Scythe rocking Necro.

Yoshichan

Bashiok looking forward to Infinite? This man... this fucking man!

Which character do you guys thinks is more geared towards a speed melee build, monk or barb? Monk seems to have faster skills, but barb has a bunch of stuff that increases swing and run speed too which in combination, may work out better. Im on the fence at this point.

Yoshichan

Which character do you guys thinks is more geared towards a speed melee build, monk or barb? Monk seems to have faster skills, but barb has a bunch of stuff that increases swing and run speed too which in combination, may work out better. Im on the fence at this point.
Monk, without a doubt. Spirit on each hit and spirit gives you infinite heals and stuns? GG.

edit: then again, a 5x stacked frenzy barbarian... god damn.

zlatko

Banned

A term coined by Otaku and Weeaboo alike for their 2D significant others; predominantly anime and video game characters. A Waifu, in contrast to a harem, is the love between one man and his one and only Waifu. You treat your Waifu with the utmost respect and courtesy and most refuse to even fap to their beloved, seeing the act as an insult to the non-existent woman they have committed themselves to.

It may depend on how much you like to wear heavy armor.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Monk has Dashing strike on no cooldown and can cost 10 spirit.

Junie12

A term coined by Otaku and Weeaboo alike for their 2D significant others; predominantly anime and video game characters. A Waifu, in contrast to a harem, is the love between one man and his one and only Waifu. You treat your Waifu with the utmost respect and courtesy and most refuse to even fap to their beloved, seeing the act as an insult to the non-existent woman they have committed themselves to.

Oh so that's what it means! I had it wrong the whole time :lol

Yoshichan

Wait, does the Wizard mirror images aggro mobs like they do in WoW?
We don't know this for sure... let me do some research!

Monk without a doubt. Putting the Thunderclap Rune on Fists of Thunder gives you a teleport as your main attack. You literally surf mobs. Awesome.

I saw this before and opened in a new tab, but forgot about it until now:

i1KtiEt8lHfxq.png

It wasn't there even earlier today I don't think. I'm not sure if every account has it or what, but it's neat though!

LowParry

We don't know this for sure... let me do some research!

There's so many factors placed within a build. It second guesses what I want. Like for example the Spectral Blades/Healings Blades are based on crit. Just how much crit will have Wizard have once they hit max level. It's things like this I don't know and makes for making a good build difficult right now till the game is played. Ugh!

Yoshichan

That's awesome, I also have it :3!
There's so many factors placed within a build. It second guesses what I want. Like for example the Spectral Blades/Healings Blades are based on crit. Just how much crit will have Wizard have once they hit max level. It's things like this I don't know and makes for making a good build difficult right now till the game is played. Ugh!
And this is why we love to theorycraft! To scratch our heads over and over again and curse the skies!

HenryHSH

i1KtiEt8lHfxq.png

It wasn't there even earlier today I don't think. I'm not sure if every account has it or what, but it's neat though!

Nice! Just checked mine and it says Standard Edition not Starter edition. Hm. Clicked on it and no option to upgrade. :(

Wish they would sell boxed copies and give you a digital version right away to play at midnight while they ship the physical media to you.

Edit: Oh, you haven't purchased the digital copy I take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom