• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monk it is, for reals this time. Dash into the enemy, hundred fist his ass, end with a sweeping kick/exploding palm, repeat until godly :)

Or if it's you thing, you can teleport in with Sudden Assault on Seven Sided Strike to attack everyone, then hit Exploding palm to destroy what's left of the group, and teleport out to the stragglers with Thunderclap. Build diversity.

I'm going to main a Witch Doctor because I think he has more interplay of different concepts and he's not so click dependent, but damn can the Monk move about the map. It made me literally laugh with joy several times.

Teknoman

Got the standard edition in store today...the game box feels so smooth. Its made out of some other material, same as the XIII-2 CE or Dark Souls strategy guide if you've touched those.

Nice! Just checked mine and it says Standard Edition not Starter edition. Hm. Clicked on it and no option to upgrade. :(

Did you pre-purchase already through Battle.net? Or have the annual pass?

I never did either of those things, getting the physical CE, so that's probably why it says what it does for me.

Ainaurdur

I saw this before and opened in a new tab, but forgot about it until now:
*picofsadness*
It wasn't there even earlier today I don't think. I'm not sure if every account has it or what, but it's neat though!

I do not have it. I never got into the beta, maybe that has something to do with it?

Antiochus

It is surprising that no one is perturbed regarding the decision to amputate 8 player multiplayer to only 4. Even more curious is the fact that computing power and network infrastructure a decade back are far more archaic and underpowered than what the median person has today. One wonders if Blizzard is not trying to compensate for something.

HenryHSH

Did you pre-purchase already through Battle.net? Or have the annual pass?

I never did either of those things, getting the physical CE, so that's probably why it says what it does for me.

Yep, I pre-purchased. I guess they're doing the starter pack like WoW? I have Starter Edition under World Of Warcraft on my account. Looks like Beta content for everyone as Ben mentioned.

So in other news, I just watched all the videos again from the OT... then read through that IGN article which was actually pretty cool.

Yep I'm hyped now, sort of like the calm before the storm.

LordCanti

It is surprising that no one is perturbed regarding the decision to amputate 8 player multiplayer to only 4. Even more curious is the fact that computing power and network infrastructure a decade back are far more archaic and underpowered than what the median person has today. One wonders if Blizzard is not trying to compensate for something.

It's annoying but it's too late to be angry about it now. To put four more players in now would take a lot of time and effort on their part.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Diablo has taken over my life already. Other than Max Payne 3, every game I was looking forward to this Summer, now I'm just like 'pft, who cares about that'

Soule

Joedawg: we come out, get our beverages, our food, for some, their booze, cigs and other exotic consumables, do quick run to work, attempt to participate in the grind of shit, but all day longing for d3 and home, TP home, phone is then dc'd/mobile is set to discreet, d3 until pass out

Hahaha my friend just messaged me this while we were talking about what it will be like when the game comes out, found it hilarious so I thought i'd share.

LowParry

It's annoying but it's too late to be angry about it now. To put four more players in now would take a lot of time and effort on their part.

Not to mention the overhaul in skill tweaks with no only classes, but monsters, bosses, etc. That's another 2 years Blizzard would take. I think the 4 man runs is perfect.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hahaha my friend just messaged me this while we were talking about what it will be like when the game comes out, found it hilarious so I thought i'd share.
Your friend sounds awesome :D

I would easily prefer 8, but watching 4 player 13's in the beta using all their skills at once in combination with a size-able army of skeletons filling my screen impressed me enough.

Not to mention the overhaul in skill tweaks with no only classes, but monsters, bosses, etc. That's another 2 years Blizzard would take. I think the 4 man runs is perfect.

I do wish you could at least have 5 players, one of each class. Kind of a bummer you can't have one of each in a single game destroying shit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zlatko?!

h2kJt.jpg

ZykvP.jpg

Vrojo.jpg

I do wish you could at least have 5 players, one of each class. Kind of a bummer you can't have one of each in a single game destroying shit.

I definitely think they could have pushed it up to 5. 4-5 is the sweet spot, any more and it's too much. We may yet get a 5th slot in an expansion if there's enough desire after the vanilla game has been out and they can make it work on a technical/balance level (I doubt something like that would ever come in a patch), but 4 is alright by me in the end.

Gav47

I saw this before and opened in a new tab, but forgot about it until now:

http://i.minus.com/i1KtiEt8lHfxq.png[IMG]

It wasn't there even earlier today I don't think. I'm not sure if every account has it or what, but it's neat though![/QUOTE]

Sweet, I'll have something to play while I wait for my copy to arrive.

I am ashamed to say that because of outside circumstances (stupid responsibilities) I have not been keeping up to date on D3. I wanted to know though if there will be a character that will play similar to the Paladin from D2?

Yoshichan

I am ashamed to say that because of outside circumstances (stupid responsibilities) I have not been keeping up to date on D3. I wanted to know though if there will be a character that will play similar to the Paladin from D2?
Hehe, the closest you'll get is the monk... but it's still far, far, far away from being as godlike as the paladin.

Yoshichan

Um... I thought Dark Souls |OT| was the fastest OT of all time?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445115

It took 7 days for DkS to reach 56 pages... and we've reached that same amount in only 24 hours.

edit: nevermind. It really picked up immensely. In |OT2|, it got to 60 pages per day.

For some reason I don't want to pre-load my boxed copy, I want to install it from the dvd. Why?

That fresh-pressed disc smell? I was probably going to do this to, as downloading the full 7.6 gigs takes awhile, but I'm finally downloading the Mac client as I type this. I'll probably do the Windows install from the disc though.

I'm still not sure if I want to test the Mac client first and see if it was finally fixed to be playable compared to the beta, or just jump into Bootcamp for the Windows version which I know works.

Tess3ract

Banned
DiabloFans.com have some spoiler-filled screenshots of cinematics for those of you who are not spoiler-averse:

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1199-...en-blue-posts/

Many may have noticed boiler149 posting on our forums today. He was able to provide some amazing pictures of the cinematics. These are a massive spoiler. The first couple or not so bad, but the last two in this list are indeed some of the biggest spoilers released to date. Please only view if you do not care about spoilers.

No idea who that person is. Should I? I'm guessing that person
is supposed to be dead?

Sothpaw

I prefer 4 player coop. Much less of a zerg fest.

red731

Nope, No, No, NO!

Not going to watch that, I want to be surprised. I've been waiting so long.
I want to feel blizzard cinematics shivers.

I prefer 4 player coop. Much less of a zerg fest.

Yeah. Imagine the clusterfuck on this engine with those special skill effects with 8 players.

Yoshichan

At this point, every single cinematic has been leaked.

edit: I should go to bed right this instant. Everything around me is starting to blur out.

So...it was mentioned earlier, but anyone else have a Wacom Tablet?

I'll most definitely be playing with a mouse most of the time, but I think it'll be fun to take the tablet for a demon-slaughtering stroll. It's certainly possible to be able to pinpoint something on the screen faster than you could with a mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom