• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Who are these going to? Some contest winners I imagine?

222222222s9cdm.png

Velocity

I cant believe Witch Doctor is trailing here, during Beta least liked class was Monk from when I talked to people ingame.

1-13 is so good as a WD, you gets dogs, frogs, zombie hands aoe, soul harvest (which I dont plan on using even...)

why nobody like my baby :(

Gotta remember that a lot of people didn't play beta, even when it was open, so choices are based off of videos and articles rather than play experience. Even playing 1-13 in beta didn't feel that great to me, but I see it as a class that has huge potential in later levels, and the last beta patch actually made it feel way more fun. I'm debating it for my first play through, despite the battle tag list listing me as wizard. Monk, wizard, witch doctor... Argh!

Alex

Alex
Meringue#1871
North America

I cant believe Witch Doctor is trailing here, during Beta least liked class was Monk from when I talked to people ingame.

It's probably aesthetics, Witch Doctor isn't fair and it doesnt have a traditional aura of cool that will attract a lot of people to it.

Unsure what I'll play. I should have really tried the beta but I just figured it'd be better to go in fresh, I think it was just laziness really, I had closed beta access for ages I shoulda just downloaded it!

Dresden

Going by that big poll they did earlier, the class distribution is pretty even for the most part. Witch Doctor was the least popular but there wasn't a huge disparity between them and the most popular.

Soule

If they had been told about it beforehand they would have whined up a storm about not getting in.

Happened anyway and I doubt the backlash would be nearly as sizeable. But realistically looking at it u only really have the super hardcore that are put off and even then it's just the super hardcore that missed out. Whatever bitching there is now isn't going to last long and it's just a vocal minority in any case. It's a non-event that won't be remembered in a week except by the truly embittered.
Going by that big poll they did earlier, the class distribution is pretty even for the most part. Witch Doctor was the least popular but there wasn't a huge disparity between them and the most popular.

1% difference, hopefully when we're all in there's a nice balance of characters.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh god... that picture. What I would do for a signed CE...

zoukka

Am I the only one who cringes seeing all the writing on those boxes? :s

I don't get signed things! D:

You just love dem clean boxes, many do.

If you have a fan-developer relationship, the signature gains a new meaning. Imagine some Mario game with Shiggys signature.

Hero

Damn. I dunno how I feel, i think the D3 CE box is so beautiful that the writing kind of detracts from the purity.

At the same time, I feel like it adds a little bit in the way of being like some ancient scroll or something.

I'm frothing with demand for this game if you couldn't tell. D:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys... Jays' signature is most likely on those CEs! That alone makes it amazing ._.

Lyonaz

This makes me sad to miss out on closed beta :( Ah well, good for the people who got in I guess congrats closed beta guys :)
Cool, I'm one of these closed beta guys, too bad it's not a title. :p
Blegh I still have no new PC to play the game (waiting for the GTX670), but I'm still there at midnight launch to get the Collector's edition. Maybe I should just get another graphics card and get my PC this weekend and be all ready for Tuesday.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Cool, I'm one of these closed beta guys, too bad it's not a title. :p
Blegh I still have no new PC to play the game (waiting for the GTX670), but I'm still there at midnight launch to get the Collector's edition. Maybe I should just get another graphics card and get my PC this weekend and be all ready for Tuesday.
GTX670 should launch in 5 hours at 6am PST with vendors having low thousands in stock.
Wake up early and you won't have a problem :)

Alex

I like the box on that, it's classy. Shame I can't ever really justify buying any CEs or physical goodies as I'd just stuff it in a drawer and never look at it again.

I actually threw away all of my Blizzard game boxes recently, since everything is digital off of battle.net now. I like my games imaginary!

zoukka

I like the box on that, it's classy. Shame I can't ever really justify buying any CEs or physical goodies as I'd just stuff it in a drawer and never look at it again.

I actually threw away all of my Blizzard game boxes recently, since everything is digital off of battle.net now. I like my games imaginary!

Yeah I'm in it just for the artbook and probably hide all the other stuff away lol.

Yoshichan

This guy must be hyped if he's making a Skeleton King guide.
Hyped? It's Kripp, man :p

Easyboss jokes aside, this boss that everyone has destroyed in the beta, is actually very complex. In this video I go over all the Skeleton King's abilities, how to manage them, and what causes them to trigger.

Boss guides in the future will be paced a lot faster, but I did this one in this manner so more people are aware of the complexity of Diablo 3 boss mechanics.

Yoshichan

Not specifically this video, but this guy reminds so much of the demeanor a few of my friends have towards online games. Kind of that elitist jerk quality, but you can't really hate him for it.
I agree! I love his elitism, the Diablo-community needs more of that.

As we play the game, I think we'll come across some good ones :)
will you implement new features in OT2?

Besides the things I'll be adding in the next few days anyway (most of which I cut out to get the OT up faster) I do have some ideas for enhancements/additions and possibly selective reductions once the game is out. At least part will be providing more useful information about the stuff we currently still don't know much about.

That are lyrics from the french-canadian band Simple Plan. They do pop rock music. Really don't see anything emo about it.

It's talking about not being able to stand the pain and being "sick of this life" in a very self-pitying/self-wallowing way.

According to Wikipedia:

Emo ( /ˈiːmoʊ/) is a style of rock music characterized by melodic musicianship and expressive, often confessional lyrics.

It pretty much fits the definition perfectly.

Also:

I would advise people to stay away from the official forums at this point (not like you shouldn't always!). They've got hover-text for threads titles, and I somewhat accidentally spoiled myself a little (although it was something I kind of already knew/could have guessed).

red731

I would advise people to stay away from the official forums at this point (not like you shouldn't always!). They've got hover-text for threads titles, and I somewhat accidentally spoiled myself a little (although it was something I kind of already knew/could have guessed).

Thanks for the warning.

Velocity

I just thought of something for a subtitle for OT2. To coincide with another big release on the same day, Max Payne 3, I think it should read, "Funny as Hell, black magic bars our way..."

Just a random thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom