• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Gah. Who changed the thread title? Cain only says the "Hello, my friend" part in D1 I believe. In D2 he just cuts to "Stay awhile..."

I don't want it to sound like McCain/Romney. It's a bit condescending.

Not to mention the addition ruins the flow a bit, and the subtitle is now out of capitalization sync.

;_;

Was me sorry, i think it sound more like "Welcome home my friend" Stay.... :D

Reverted to original.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

Reverted to original.

Come here you....

35ge9n.jpg

red731

short noob question, because I would like to join the GAF Battletag List and enjoy some games now and then with some members ^^

Where do I get my "battletag" I saw it once while I was playing the Beta, but now I can't find it :( Pls help me Gaf!

Get on battle.net and you will find it there - I guess it is in the games section somewhere.

edit: manage your games and on the left

I never played Diablo mp, how does it work essentially?

Worried it´s like online CoD, but with more elitist pricks (judging from the videos posted earlier on the thread).

whatthef***amireadingronald.bmp

No and as others are saying, you can create your own party with your friends and no one you don't actualy know.

Reverted to original.

Thanks for the switch back!

I think it's sleepy time for me now. My schedule has been out of whack for a while, and drinking 2+ caffeinated sodas the day I was finishing the OT only exacerbated the problem. I've learned that I can be pretty sensitive to caffeine (as in recent times, I typically try to avoid it), and I think this one medicine I'm currently taking might make me more susceptible.

Eliciel

I never played Diablo mp, how does it work essentially?

Worried it´s like online CoD, but with more elitist pricks (judging from the videos posted earlier on the thread).

I think there will be some major differences in Diablo III PvP/Multiplayer compared to Diablo II..especially when it comes to PvP. I think this aspect will be much more polished and worked on this time.

Basically the Coop MP in Diablo II was like playing Sacred or any other 2D Hack 'n Slash in Coop. You accept quests for example killing andariel..then your party starts the journey in the end kills her and fights for the loot+money. In the end it's nothing more than the single player except the enemies gain more strength and that you can enjoy the game with a friend. (This sounds like it would be bad, it's actually really fun to play with friends. I will finish D3 with friends in my first run ;) )

PvP was pretty much like every 2D PvP game. You just have to figure out who you are fighting against change your gear and maybe also wait for the right moment to attack. Ranged vs. Melee. But trust me most of the fights are determined by who's wearing the best gear against a certain class. And that's when excessive farming becomes a pretty important part in DIII

profit

On act 3 on my Diablo 2 run, frenzy barb. Never actually finished Diablo 2, I'm aiming for completing it this weekend, then hopping into Diablo 3 right after!

Kem0sabe

What do you mean?

You join or create your own server. You can put it on private and invite friends, or make it public for everyone to join.

I mean, does it play like an mmo session? grab quests, play the same levels as the sp and complete those quests? If so, can you chose which chapter of the game to play mp or does it start from the beginning?

Or is it like a separate experience, like co-op levels that you complete individually?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I will wear my sweet diablo 3 t-shirt on monday.
YAY! I completely forgot about this shirt! My friend bought one for me a couple of months ago, I'll probably end up wearing it for midnight launch :3 (I will also be dressed in a full Yoshi-costume, look forward to the pics!)

Fou-Lu

Think I finally decided on Wizard for first play through. There's just something about wielding the power of magic that always ends up tempting me. I did really enjoy Demon Hunter though, so I doubt it'll be long before I jump on playing one as well. Hopefully having multiple groups works out for me.

TheYanger

I mean, does it play like an mmo session? grab quests, play the same levels as the sp and complete those quests? If so, can you chose which chapter of the game to play mp or does it start from the beginning?

Or is it like a separate experience, like co-op levels that you complete individually?

You have the basic game single player experience. The levels themselves are basically randomized (some things aren't but by and large it's random maps, that's how diablo has always worked). The quests/storyline are the same in single or multi, but you can start a new game at any point that you've previously been. Once you're in a game you can go anywhere in the game world and farm items and kill shit. Multi and single are only different in the numbers of people in the world (and the difficulty of the mobs).

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Corky.

http://i.imgur.com/ehsAw.jpg[/IMG[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xWt1m.jpg[/IMG

Edit: -sigh- The pipe. I forgot about the pipe. Ugh![/QUOTE]

Oh man, that's amazing! If you could fix that pipe I'd be thrilled! <3<3<3

(._.)

Banned
Anybody else order the limited edition strategy guide? I've noticed mine has already shipped and is expected to arrive tmrw.

Ryan_

Think I finally decided on Wizard for first play through. There's just something about wielding the power of magic that always ends up tempting me. I did really enjoy Demon Hunter though, so I doubt it'll be long before I jump on playing one as well. Hopefully having multiple groups works out for me.

Also tempted to play the wizard even though for a long time I was sure I was going to play the monk.

Kem0sabe

You have the basic game single player experience. The levels themselves are basically randomized (some things aren't but by and large it's random maps, that's how diablo has always worked). The quests/storyline are the same in single or multi, but you can start a new game at any point that you've previously been. Once you're in a game you can go anywhere in the game world and farm items and kill shit. Multi and single are only different in the numbers of people in the world (and the difficulty of the mobs).

Thanks, that helped a lot. I played Diablo 1 and 2 only sp, for the story, which i enjoyed immensely.

As this one is more focused on mp, i might as well try it, as i´m buying the game anyways :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom