• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

red731

Pretty good cosplay!
Link numero due

W8HQ9EUD2TFM1336590101396.jpg

Holy shiiiiiiiiiii

profit

Actual Diablo discussion: what do you think of this build for Inferno http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahXQiP!TeY!bYcYZZ ? I'm not sure about the Might slot, maybe rune the skill to heal for each enemy hit or maybe pick some other skill completely...

I think you should really rune it for the heals, maybe even get rend heal in there aswell.
But the only way we can know for sure is when the game is out, we really dont know what kidn of health pools we get at 60.

Actual Diablo discussion: what do you think of this build for Inferno http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahXQiP!TeY!bYcYZZ ? I'm not sure about the Might slot, maybe rune the skill to heal for each enemy hit or maybe pick some other skill completely...

I actually really like this build. A lot of damage reduction, a lot of rage generation, stuns...yeah, I think runing Overpower for the life leech would probably help a lot. Lifegain does seem to be the one thing your build lacks. Am I right in thinking the general idea is leap in, bash, bash, bash, whirlwind? Keep in mind that stuns won't last as long in Inferno, as far as we know, so that 3 seconds could turn into like .5 seconds real fast.

Nibel

Remember when people joked about Diablo 3 and mentioned it in the same sentence with Half Life 3 and Shenmue 3?

Feels unreal that its release is so damn close.

profit

The battletag posting in this thread needs to stop. What's the goddamn point of it anyway?

So that they get added to the list, so people who dont have real life friends that play this game, can search for like minded people in their region to add them, and play a game together that is intended for co-op.

Tacitus_

I think you should really rune it for the heals, maybe even get rend heal in there aswell.
But the only way we can know for sure is when the game is out, we really dont know what kidn of health pools we get at 60.

I don't really like Rend as a skill for the Barbarian. Needs more smashing.

I actually really like this build. A lot of damage reduction, a lot of rage generation, stuns...yeah, I think runing Overpower for the life leech would probably help a lot. Lifegain does seem to be the one thing your build lacks. Am I right in thinking the general idea is leap in, bash, bash, bash, whirlwind? Keep in mind that stuns won't last as long in Inferno, as far as we know, so that 3 seconds could turn into like .5 seconds real fast.

Yeah. If the stuns won't work out, I'll rune Bash for more damage and leap to grant more armor on impact. I think the life leech rune might be better, yeah, since I already got extra fury from ranged and magic attacks with the passive.

Can I ask you why you prefer Bash to Cleave?

More single target damage and Fury. I'll use Whirlwind for groups.

Raide

Do you still have your Diablo 1 CD or did you... get it somewhere else?

I had an install on my old old HDD. I want to get the CD back so I can add it to my battle.net. Damn, I still had the Shareware version installed in some dark recess of another old HDD. :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Also found this in the hallway just now
qLs3q.jpg

lol dog's been thrashing the Yoshi plushie. It's a sign..!
So I go and eat for 20 minutes, come back and notice that I've been torn to shreds! :_: SAVAGES, I TELL YOU!
I return from my sleep, and now sit at work ready to relish in the glory that is this thread and your warm bosom.
But... but... I need to go to bed .____. I really am going right now!

I don't really like Rend as a skill for the Barbarian. Needs more smashing.

Yeah. If the stuns won't work out, I'll rune Bash for more damage and leap to grant more armor on impact. I think the life leech rune might be better, yeah, since I already got extra fury from ranged and magic attacks with the passive.

More single target damage and Fury. I'll use Whirlwind for groups.

Leap for armor seems like it'd make more sense for your build, since it seems to be centered around survivability and generating fury for WW.

zlatko

Banned
So I go and eat for 20 minutes, come back and notice that I've been torn to shreds! :_: SAVAGES, I TELL YOU!

But... but... I need to go to bed .____. I really am going right now!

Better be a 7+ hour sleep. None of this 1.5 hour monkey crap. I need you in tip top shape these next days in the thread.

Nighty night. ;D

I think some of the monk skills look incredible. Deadly Reach looks like a huge focused gust of wind is extending out of your fists/legs, way of a hundred fists is super quick and powerful looking, lashing tail kick and fists of thunder (see avatar) look really powerful to me as well. They're not flashy per se, but I think they look fantastic. A paladin zealer wasn't flashy, but i'll be damned if it wasn't awesome to see him speedily slice and dice his way through hords of enemies.

Admittedly I haven't seen the mid and later lvl Monk skills in action (this is on purpose). Only seen the beta skills.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Can't believe there's less than 5 days until release. I had to make a choice between Max Payne 3 and Diablo III; Diablo won!

forrest

formerly nacire
Good morning everyone! Another day of everything Diablo 3 except playing the game! :(

I saw some pages back Diablofans has spoilers posted? Is this on their main page? I usually check their site often, but if that shit is out in the open then I'll just dodge their site until after completing normal.

Tacitus_

Leap for armor seems like it'd make more sense for your build, since it seems to be centered around survivability and generating fury for WW.

Yeah, could be. Need to really see how much survivability it'll grant vs the stun at Inferno. And I'm really not sure what to do with the Might slot, might go all Elective Mode on it and pick a second shout or some other utility skill.

Island

Apparently you can kill explorer.exe to fix the colours.

I can't even find a copy of the game. A real shame it's not available digitally. :(

Bit late here: If you open up your screen resolution preferences (Right click on the desktop) then launch Diablo, your colors will be fine. It's a little easier then killing explorer.

Yeah, could be. Need to really see how much survivability it'll grant vs the stun at Inferno. And I'm really not sure what to do with the Might slot, might go all Elective Mode on it and pick a second shout or some other utility skill.

true. gaaaah. we need the game fastar, gotta actually see how good these builds will be!

Good morning everyone! Another day of everything Diablo 3 except playing the game! :(

I saw some pages back Diablofans has spoilers posted? Is this on their main page? I usually check their site often, but if that shit is out in the open then I'll just dodge their site until after completing normal.

nah, as of last night they haven't put any of the spoilers on their main page, it's all in the forums. you should still be ok.

Beepos

Finally get to play the game as a sorcerer/wizard. My 15 year old self always wanted to give the sorc a whirl but I just couldn't bring myself to play a female avatar at that age. So I managed to get all the male characters to at least lv80 but the poor sorceress, amazon and assassin sat there while I wished they were male. Now D3 doesn't make me which is even better despite overcoming my earlier sexism. Can't wait.

Soule

From what I saw I dunno where it is, I don't think it's on the main page but anyway the images themselves aren't actually there u have to click on a spoiler warning to bring them up so it should still be a little bit safe, I looked at 3 my friend said were safe but I still felt dirty doing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom